• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

Has there ever been a Bradcast? Since we've had Ryan, Vinny, Jeff hosting on the podcasts and Alex and Patrick do their own show, I was just wondering about this.

Calibus

I've always wondered about those ads they ran for creating your own website. The schtick they used was a small business owner not knowing about the internet and what websites were. Odd ads to run for the demographic that would listen to the Bombcast.

Just got done watching the Super Time Force QL. I love watching Quick Looks where the guys have to tell themselves to stop playing like three different times. You know, thats a sign of a good game

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I've always wondered about those ads they ran for creating your own website. The schtick they used was a small business owner not knowing about the internet and what websites were. Odd ads to run for the demographic that would listen to the Bombcast.

Not many companies are willing to advertise on podcasts. Stamps.com and Squarespace love that shit though. As for the actual content, they're making the ads fun and playfully mocking somebody who isn't listening is a pretty good way to do that.

Calibus

Not many companies are willing to advertise on podcasts. Stamps.com and Squarespace love that shit though. As for the actual content, they're making the ads fun and playfully mocking somebody who isn't listening is a pretty good way to do that.

Yeah I guess I can see that.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Holy shit. I haven't laughed at something on GB this much in a long time, but the discussion around Drew's bathroom incident was goddamn hilarious.

e: hilarious but slightly worrying, maybe he should see a doctor.

Curufinwe

Alex and Patrick did a good job of covering the latest Xbone news, apart from them both missing that Games with Gold are only going to be tied to your Xbox Live Gold subscription on the Xbox One.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-delivering-more-choices

**Free Games Offer: For paid Gold members only. On Xbox One, active Gold membership required to play free games you’ve downloaded. Must download titles during designated window. Kinect and/or hard drive required for some games.

On the 360 you will still be able to play any games you download after your subscription ends. There is obviously some technical reason MS can't make it work like PS+ on their old console.

Zaph

Alex and Patrick did a good job of covering the latest Xbone news, apart from them both missing that Games with Gold are only going to be tied to your Xbox Live Gold subscription on the Xbox One.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-delivering-more-choices

On the 360 you will still be able to play any games you download after your subscription ends. There is obviously some technical reason MS can't make it work like PS+ on their old console.
Pretty sure they mentioned that on yesterday's show. Remember something about free Xbox games not being of similar quality to PS free games, so the change gives MS the wiggle room to woo newer games from devs/publishers.

I don't think there's a technical reason it's not changing on the 360, but more about MS already promoting the ability to keep the free games and the fact there is a much bigger 360 back catalogue to choose from. The XONE catalogue is tiny in comparison so they'll need to offer more to the devs/pubs.

Curufinwe

Nope, Patrick still has an article up incorrectly stating that the change applies to 360 games as well as Xbox One games. He just didn't read the small print.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsofts-also-making-changes-to-xbox-live/1100-4917/

The company is expanding its Games with Gold program, too. First of all, it's now subscription-based, which means you'll need to continue paying for Xbox Live in order to keep playing the games the service offers. This is similar to Sony's approach with PlayStation Plus. Dark Souls, Charlie Murder, and Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition will be available next month on Xbox 360, while Max: The Curse of Brotherhood and Halo: Spartan Assault become available on Xbox One.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
They definitely mentioned it on the show. Patrick said it makes sense because you're paying for the service to have access for the games.

Zaph

Nope, Patrick still has an article up incorrectly stating that the change applies to 360 games as well as Xbox One games. He just didn't read the small print.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsofts-also-making-changes-to-xbox-live/1100-4917/
Ahh, I see your point. Yeah, they never mentioned the 360/XONE differentiator.

They definitely mentioned it on the show. Patrick said it makes sense because you're paying for the service to have access for the games.
He's refering to Patrick/Alex not picking up on the difference of Games with Gold for the two consoles.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Oh, I see now. Didn't realize that difference myself, though I didn't really care enough to bother reading since I've not had gold since the first year the 360 was out.

I was expecting Quick Looks after I got done with work

This site does not need to hire new people if the current ones are doing noting.

Fuck this company

Start a revoluton. Tweet you local senator. #morequicklooks #giantbombisempty

[/chuck]

[Chrome Extension] Giant Bomb Plus - Bolting on Search
2632616-screenshot1.png

Chuck

Still without luck
I was expecting Quick Looks after I got done with work

This site does not need to hire new people if the current ones are doing noting.

Fuck this company

Start a revoluton. Tweet you local senator. #morequicklooks #giantbombisempty

[/chuck]
f u, man

Just listened to this week's Bombcast. Brad's description of Sunset Overdrive was actually a huge bummer to me. Dead Rising-like combat with throngs of meaningless enemies? And your guns are suuuuper whacky, guys. No thanks. Sounds like something Brad will love, and I will hate.

Anyway, Danny and Greg were a treat. Greg comes off as such a thoughtful, well-spoken guy, and Danny has just the right amount of goofy and insight to fit in perfectly on a Bombcast.

That's embarrassing.

As a firefox guy, I gotta say that this extension might make me a convert.

That's awesome.

Fucking yes. About god damn time SOMEONE made this so.

Firefox AM CRY (I use firefox)

[edit] LOL @ VINNY EDITS FROM THIS WEEKS BOMBCAST !!!! :D:D:D:D amazing "what does dave lang do?" Piss in the wind at the press, bwhahahahaha

dead.tiff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom