• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #8 | It's a Hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it over already?

He said he will be back after he put air in his tyers .

I have no idea how that works in America, can he do that himself with a simple air pressure hose thing like a normal human being, or does he need to pay money for it and fill out forms and shit.

kmz

Neo Member
Some people keep a gas pump in their trunk but any gas station will also have air hoses that you can use for 50 cents or whatever.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Plenty of petrol stations charge for air here in ireland.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Awwwwwww... :D
lql8ptpg.png

Brad is definitely a good host. I think a rotating host podcast could be really cool. Jeff has been wanting to try something different, so maybe we'll see it happen. A Roriecast would end up being 2 hours of puppies.

Bombcast is the main product though of the site. As Brad said, he's 3rd in line to the chair (Ryan, Jeff, him, I guess) and can't see Jeff relinquishing that position. But, putting in a quality lead performance should quell any issues about a Dotacast or some such Brad led premium venture.

Megasoum

Banned
Bombcast is the main product though of the site. As Brad said, he's 3rd in line to the chair (Ryan, Jeff, him, I guess) and can't see Jeff relinquishing that position. But, putting in a quality lead performance should quell any issues about a Dotacast or some such Brad led premium venture.

It's more Jeff, Vinny and Brad.

But anyway, I agree he did a fantastic job and I wouldn't mind some host rotation from time to time.

Spwn

I think he meant he is after Vinny. But you guys are right, he did pretty well on hosting the latest Bombcast. Wouldn't oppose to hear him do it more.

Patryn

Bombcast is far from the main product of the site. It probably gets the most views, but it wasn't until recently that it was even monetized.

Bombcast is far from the main product of the site. It probably gets the most views, but it wasn't until recently that it was even monetized.

Product probably wrong word, but, it's the main project out in mainstream media and main guy should be the host. That's Jeff. He's not (and shouldn't be) giving that up unless Mr. McMahon makes him do it in a Summer Slam match.

Megasoum

Banned
Product probably wrong word, but, it's the main project out in mainstream media and main guy should be the host. That's Jeff. He's not (and shouldn't be) giving that up unless Mr. McMahon makes him do it in a Summer Slam match.

I REALLY doubt that Jeff is that strict about hierarchy and stuff like that. Not to say that he will switch the host around but I just doubt that this would be the reason why he wouldn't do it.

The podcast has always been a collaborative Giant Bomb effort, made for their fans. It isn't something that requires a specific host.

Jeff is a mainstay, but I always felt it was more of a Ryan ( e.g. "Hey everybody, it's Tuueessday!") sort of thing.

I REALLY doubt that Jeff is that strict about hierarchy and stuff like that. Not to say that he will switch the host around but I just doubt that this would be the reason why he wouldn't do it.

Jeff's made clear the guys work "for" him, see even when he's talking about Drake, etc. He knows he's top dog and he should be. That's why these other podcasts spin off.

daydream

Banned

Agreed, Jeff is not one to shy away from change. He said he's been thinking about changing up the Bombcast formula for a while now, so it's very much possible that that'll entail fiddling with the host rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom