• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Night 2 with Phil Spencer.

rokkerkory

That was really great watch have been waiting for this! Each year it’s been an awesome interview.

Spencer is so real and wants to push gaming as a whole to everyone possible. He plays and owns all systems and gives kudos to his rivals. Supporting x-platform gaming and chilling to Nintendo is dope. Wished more execs could be like him.

Damn that Spencer guy is really something, the way he carries himself is a far cry from any other executive in the gaming industry.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I always like the GB E3 interview with Phil. Jeff asks hard questions and Phil answers them.

Phil did duck the Crackdown multiplayer "Cloud" thing though. I wonder if that's still going to be a thing. My guess is that they dialed that back hardcore. Hell, at one point, they were showing off separate servers per zone in a MP match. I can't believe that MS would see that as sustainable.

Game still looks significantly better than last year's E3.

Shifty

Yup. I'm amazed some people on gaf can't stand him. He's seems like such a good guy.
I think MS' performance at the start of the gen soured a lot of people, and Phil is the guy who had to take that hit as consumer-facing xbox head / PR man.

I've gradually warmed to him over time, he seems like a legit dude.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Yup. I'm amazed some people on gaf can't stand him. He's seems like such a good guy.

My guess is because he is from Microsoft.

I can't legit think of any other reason.

I think MS' performance at the start of the gen soured a lot of people, and Phil is the guy who had to take that hit as consumer-facing xbox head / PR man.

I've gradually warmed to him over time, he seems like a legit dude.

I've only seen Mattrick getting legit flak for that.

Last edited:

rbanke

Jeff alluded to another acquisition during that part of the conversation, this is something Brad was talking about during the MS conference but I still havn't heard what this huge unannounced acquisition is. Anyone know what they're talking about?

rokkerkory

In terms of next-gen features, Phil elaborated that he'd like to see FPS / cpu get some more love. Music to my ears =D

Zen 2 lite please for Xbox Infinity.

Toe-Knee

I don't dislike him. I'm just sick of him saying things that never materialise.

He's been promising 1st party single player non forza/halo games for years and there hasn't been anything of substance really.

I'll still keep an eye on him and xbox but I haven't seen a single interesting thing come to xbox (for my personal tastes) since sunset overdrive.

pr0cs

He's been promising 1st party single player non forza/halo games for years and there hasn't been anything of substance really.

Their announced acquisitions cover this. You think top tier Dev studios can be picked up willy nilly like hot dogs at 7-11? These aren't floating around asking to be bought and they have to fit within Microsofts vision.
If you'd watch the video you would have seen him reaffirming the difficulty in finding suitable devs

Toe-Knee

Their announced acquisitions cover this. You think top tier Dev studios can be picked up willy nilly like hot dogs at 7-11? These aren't floating around asking to be bought and they have to fit within Microsofts vision.
If you'd watch the video you would have seen him reaffirming the difficulty in finding suitable devs

I'll be listening it tomorrow. But he's been saying it for years. And has only just shown signs of life but then games will take another few years so chances are customers have bought a console expecting things in 2013 and these games probably won't happen until next generation.

Kinda like those people that bought ps3 for last guardian. Shit deal all round.

To me personally he says a lot but not a lot comes of it. They've had two full generations up until this one to build up studios.

Top Bottom