• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

He's Australian. You know how everything is backwards there. His default state is drunk and he drinks shitty beer to sober up.

Jintor

Is Jintor drunk enough to think running another dungeon world game is a good idea?

you know it would go for like 3 months and then life would get on top of me

to be honest i actually want to PLAY Dungeon World (or Sprawl) at this point. I've DM'd three games and had a blast, but I want to get a chance to be creative within other people's boundaries

2933450-cp_beastintheeast_part12.00_50_17_33.still001.jpg

Beast in the East: Yakuza 0 - Part 12
We get (back?) into the cabaret club business and invite all our best friends over to help us out!

It's time.

The last 24 hours I've been super ill so I picked a random page of premium vids (34 I believe right now).

I watched from that page:

Tricaster returns stream part 1 and 2 (Skylanders, PDZ and Ryan playing Dark Souls)
Phantasmagoria part 1 and 2
Battlefield 3 TNT with Mike Horn (Helicopter in the tunnel!)
Skyrim Marathon Pre-Show (Oblivion & Morrowind)

... all soooo good.

Mupod

bracing myself for Dan vs Cabaret. It's really not that complicated though, just boils down to learning a few hand signals and watching the smiley face for hostess compatibility. There's some more advanced stuff like stalling for time with a less-suitable hostess and swapping them in and out, but you never need to do this until the richest customers show up and start demanding specific girls.

I spent a disgusting amount of time on the cabaret club.

I dropped the main story as soon as the cabaret club was available and only did that. I didn't realize I needed to progress the main story a little bit before I could open up the final cabaret battle, so I ended up putting about 4 hours into it that I didn't have to. I regret none of that.

Meneses

It's really overwhelming at first but then you realize it's really simpler than it looks.

The second time they did it it went much smoother and they grasped most of the concepts (except that text shows up telling you what signal the girl is making if you take too long. Still, if they keep doing it they'll instantly recognize the signals).

A few tips:

Smiley faces are good, but you can give a bad matchup to someone while you wait for a girl to finish another client and then swap her in, if it doesn't take too long. This juggling is basically essentially for higher level play.

Fever time has some subtlety to it but a general rule is to use it when the girls are low on HP and when they still have a lot of time left on their clocks, so they can squeeze more money out of the clients.

Regarding stats:

Double circle is best, single circle is good, triangle is average and X is bad.

You definitely should do Makeovers (you can only train and makeover Platinum hostesses), all of them can get 3 double circles, though you might need to spend some real money buying stuff.

I spent a disgusting amount of time on the cabaret club.

I'd basically play it over and over and over again if it wasn't for the workers' declining HP meaning you can't :'(.

Also, that 'As You Like' song when you setup is my fav in the whole game. There's an hour long version here.

I wanna be yr giiiirrrrrrrlllllllllllllllllllllllll...

Meneses

Cabaret club was my favorite thing in Yakuza 0. I'd be down if they did side episodes just for that.

Definitely. A side episode here and there where they just play that for a bit and talk about random stuff.

The businesses are good because A) you make a lot of money and B) you unlock
the legendary style for each character
if you beat them.

Also, they're fun in their own right.

Jintor

i'm catching up on yakuza.

having a vague grasp of japanese and accents really makes some of these cutscenes even better, majima fucking up in the chiropractor's clinic is amazing

/edit wow this scene is amazing.

Mupod

I'm having buyers remorse with Yakuza 0. I thought my enjoyment watching the crew playing Yakuza would translate to me playing it. This game is frustrating as fuck.

how so? The only time I was frustrated was doing the first boss fight, on hard mode, with no healing items or abilities learned. And that was just because I'm incredibly stubborn and wanted to win my way. The difficulty took a nosedive after that and only pulled up slightly with the Disco King battle. And that Outrun score requirement, I guess. So yeah if Kuze is your problem he's basically the hardest fight in the game.

edit: lol I just saw your post in the OT. You're having the exact same problem I did. Dunno if it'll help but here's how I ended up beating him eventually, with my limited moveset at the time.

https://youtu.be/GuQIWR0NtNM

it's funny because the next time I fought that guy he never even got to throw a punch. I just stunlocked him with beast style.

Jothel

i'm catching up on yakuza.

having a vague grasp of japanese and accents really makes some of these cutscenes even better, majima fucking up in the chiropractor's clinic is amazing

/edit wow this scene is amazing.

Definitely, the voice acting is fantastic

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pissing myself laughing at the way their opinions changed on the hostess game after fifteen minutes. So good. I'd watch bonus episodes on the minigames for sure.

Mupod

I'm pissing myself laughing at the way their opinions changed on the hostess game after fifteen minutes. So good. I'd watch bonus episodes on the minigames for sure.

Yeah, I'd be down for a side stream with the cabaret.

I did most of my real estate management while banging out sidequests and hunting Mr. Shakedown, I was having fun doing it but it might be too time consuming for them to do videos.

Jintor

man if i had a ps4 i would definitely have yakuza as my next long game.

glad I have this ER though. I'll definitely grab it if it comes out on PC or if I ever get a PS4

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Speaking of next long game, I picked tales of berseria to playthrough next.

But man.

Coming from persona 5 and Nier:A.

Can't do it man. Just can't.

I think I'll just hook up my PS3 and play OG nier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom