• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

BTA

Can someone say what they're playing because I expected NMS + Hallow Knight as was mentioned and so wasn't rushing to watch, but if it's some ridiculous bullshit, I regret not doing so.

No.
This is hilarious.

Really? What makes it so hilarious? The fact that the dev probably put in half a day of development time, and threw this on steam and is actually getting money for something of poor quality? Is it the complete absence of any interesting mechanics or gameplay? Is it the overly loud annoying cheap use of jumpscare? The MS paint control screen that isn't really funny, just dumb?

Sorry, but these games are bad. Not in an "ironic" it's so bad its funny way, just in a complete and utter waste of everyone's time and giving any spotlight to these bad games just encourages more copycats to put out shitty products and give money to people who make cash grab shovelware.

oti

Banned
Really? What makes it so hilarious? The fact that the dev probably put in half a day of development time, and threw this on steam and is actually getting money for something of poor quality? Is it the complete absence of any interesting mechanics or gameplay? Is it the overly loud annoying cheap use of jumpscare? The MS paint control screen that isn't really funny, just dumb?

Sorry, but these games are bad. Not in an "ironic" it's so bad its funny way, just in a complete and utter waste of everyone's time and giving any spotlight to these bad games just encourages more copycats to put out shitty products and give money to people who make cash grab shovelware.

This is funny. The way I'm engaging with this game is funny. That's all I care about.

This guy though..

9rwoDwt.png

Just keeps going..

Phatmac

Has this guy never heard of Jeff Gerstmann or something? You can call him whatever you want, but at least educate yourself. He's been doing this for a long time.

As someone who actually likes Lawbreakers I honestly thought Jeff did alright in that quick look. Scored twice, got some kills. Don't really understand what that guy's problem is since he prefaced the whole conversation by stating he isn't even a fan of the game.

ArjanN

This is funny. The way I'm engaging with this game is funny. That's all I care about.

Kinda this, it's why I wasn't feeling the arguments on the Beastcast much either. You can't really filter games by quality without also throwing out some actually good games.

Also, you pretty much have to actively look for games this bad. 30 seconds of research looking at reviews/the forum/ a video will make it immediately obvious if something is this terrible so it's not hard to avoid this stuff at all.

As someone who actually likes Lawbreakers I honestly thought Jeff did alright in that quick look. Scored twice, got some kills. Don't really understand what that guy's problem is since he prefaced the whole conversation by stating he isn't even a fan of the game.

There's always going to be some tryhard in the comments who doesn't understand their quick look format is really just an entertaining, informal first look at a game. I mean, half the time they're not exactly great showcases of the game but as long as you keep in mind that's just not what quick looks are it's fine.

This game will be done in a month, funny someone is trying to get high and mighty.

Sub includes such topic titles as, "Why are there so many girl characters?"

Top Bottom