• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread #4: A thread of perceived slights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tan

Is there a version or Rosetta Stone for EVE? lol

Still, this should be fascinating content. I remember when that big war and double-cross drama happened in EVE a few years ago. Didn't they talk about it on the Bombcast?

Yeah, I think that clip of the bombcast is actually up on youtube somewhere.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So are they going to do quick looks for the full release of surgeon simulator and poker night 2?

I really hope this doesn't start a trend of playing recent releases in premium shows instead of quick looking them.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So are they going to do quick looks for the full release of surgeon simulator and poker night 2?

I really hope this doesn't start a trend of playing recent releases in premium shows instead of quick looking them.

I doubt those games would get a full quick look either way.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like the armchair reviewer on bioshock infinite in jar time that used vague terms like 'better pacing'

which gaffer was it?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I know Sessler got heat, but I'd like to see Jeff to commentary at EVO. I know he has it in him to do an amazing FGC parody. It'll be the best thing since he aped the home shopping knife show.

I think Jeff would catch less shit if he did it. I bet he'd be more reserved considering what happened with Sessler.

Do you think that they're setting up those simple streaming stations so that Vinny and Drew can be freed up to do some more ambitious projects? It really sounds like from the recent Jar time that Jeff really wants to do some bigger, GOTY style productions. It seems like making the guys more selfsufficient when recording and streaming content, they can get by with their small video production crew and still do some of the bigger things that Jeff wants to do.

Antiwhippy

Do you think that they're setting up those simple streaming stations so that Vinny and Drew can be freed up to do some more ambitious projects? It really sounds like from the recent Jar time that Jeff really wants to do some bigger, GOTY style productions. It seems like making the guys more selfsufficient when recording and streaming content, they can get by with their small video production crew and still do some of the bigger things that Jeff wants to do.

I hope so. Lean months are coming up before the step into next-gen.

Zaph

Yeah, definitely looks like that. If you think about it, it's kinda crazy a producer is required just to QL a game. That should just be press a button and go.

I love their content, but the reality is they are 6 full-time professionals putting out content that is similar to (production-wise, not overall quality) Youtuber's and Twitch streamers.

The type of video game content on the internet has changed a lot since they started (largely thanks to people paying attention to Giant Bomb). You can't live in the past and say "yeah, but we did it first!".

I hope so.

Stuff like the QLs shouldnt need anyone else, just the 2 guys sitting there and mics. I would much rather Drew and Vinny spend their time on more stuff like unprofessional fridays, where you want lots of cameras and cut-aways and stream switches. Plus if they can do more fully produced stuff like the GOTY stuff, that would be awesome.

More videos every week! less writing!

I hope so. Lean months are coming up before the step into next-gen.

Yeah, I wonder if that was the whole reason with trying to get everyone set up so they can make their own video features. If what they were saying about CBSi wanting more video stuff wasn't a goof, I could see them scrambling to figure out ways to generate content (other than during E3) until the holiday season.

zroid

Banned
Does anyone else think Brad looks like a slightly more hirsute Karl Pilkington?

Tkc6M3I.png

Clearly this is so there can be a Vinny/Drew fully live, fully streamed Endurance Run. I mean, why else would they set up a streaming solution that requires no one in the control room?

A man can dream.

Jintor

The fuck?

What type of schedule are they working to if they would rather re-cast than wait a week for someone to get back from vacation?

An anime schedule

I suspect Troy probably had a shittonne of other projects as well. It's a huge fucking loss though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, I haven't been following GB that much, but I had no idea that Matt was hired to replace Dave.

No more weird PC game videos, no more Blade Runner. :(

Well, good luck to Dave and his family!

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Wow, I haven't been following GB that much, but I had no idea that Matt was hired to replace Dave.

Dave has said that he'll be coming back in every once in a while for video features and podcasts.

Antiwhippy

Actually I think that he did say that he wanted to finish blade runner.

Seems like he wants to be a househusband for awhile, so that could free him up to do some stuff.

GavinGT

Banned
I'd be totally fine with Rorie taking Dave's place on Random PC Game/GBFC. But it's great news that Dave is intent on finishing Blade Runner.

Megasoum

Banned
I'd be totally fine with Rorie taking Dave's place on Random PC Game/GBFC. But it's great news that Dave is intent on finishing Blade Runner.

Exactly, people need to realize that Matt Rorie is as big (if not bigger) a pcgamer than Dave is. FFS, the dude even worked for Obsidian!

Considering the lack of Dave on the website for the last year-year and a half, it wouldn't surprise me that we actually see more pc stuff not that Rorie is there.

Jintor

I was half expecting Ira Glass to start waxing poetic about EVE online after that little intro.

Hey there Podcast Listeners. From WBGD San Francisco, it's The Interview Dumptruck distributed by CBS International; I'm Patrick Klepek and today on our show: "Games of Space". I'll be bringing you stories of space imperialism and tyranny; of brave, crazy souls that fly the silent skies, of the men and women who battle for domination far above our heads into the wee hours of the night. What drives a man to travel one thousand miles into a barren, inhospitable land of snow and ice, just for the sake of a videogame? The answer is to be found in three acts; stay with us.

Hey there podcast Listeners. From Giant Bomb SF, it's Interview Dumptruck distributed by CBS International; I'm Patrick Klepek and today on our show: "Games of Space". I'll be bringing you stories of space imperialism and tyranny; of brave, crazy souls that fly the silent skies, of the men and women who battle for domination far above our heads into the wee hours of the night. What drives a man to travel one thousand miles into a barren, inhospitable land of snow and ice, just for the sake of a videogame? The answer is to be found in three acts; stay with us.

Act I: No Sale to Miners. We follow one EVE miner who, against all odds, will not give up his asteroid. Sarah Koenig has more.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah, I'm glad he's still interested in doing some features and finishing Blade Runner. Maybe it'll be better to just restart the game at this point though. lol

Hey there Podcast Listeners. From WBGD San Francisco, it's The Interview Dumptruck distributed by CBS International; I'm Patrick Klepek and today on our show: "Games of Space". I'll be bringing you stories of space imperialism and tyranny; of brave, crazy souls that fly the silent skies, of the men and women who battle for domination far above our heads into the wee hours of the night. What drives a man to travel one thousand miles into a barren, inhospitable land of snow and ice, just for the sake of a videogame? The answer is to be found in three acts; stay with us.

I would kill for this.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Fairly, I'd say, since eventually people are going to start figuring out when it pays to be a premium member and when it doesn't, rather than just signing up for year memberships.

Personally, I'm not paying for premium content extreeeeme, I'm paying because I like what they do and I want them to do more of it. I really don't give a fuck if Jar Time is Premium Content or not.

Same way that I pay Netflix because I like their model, even though I never watch anything ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom