• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread #4: A thread of perceived slights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jb

But these guys were pals of the crew to begin with. I doubt devs they don't know will be convinced jus because Lang & co spent 90 minutes shootinng the shit with their friends.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A lot of people underestimate just how difficult it is getting current industry devs to talk casually in an environment like Giant Bomb. Publishers don't like it, PR thinks it's a potential nightmare and studios themselves often have policies against it.

If they got Geoff Keighley to show up during E3, pretty sure they can get more.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, someone who would have more PR people telling him not to do it than just about any other developer on the planet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And why do you believe that?

Because Geoff is the public 'face' of games at the moment. I can't think of anyone who's more well-known in games outside oif MAYBE Miyamoto? PR could say 'oh no, they'll try to get him drunk and have him leak stuff he's seen.' Like how he saw Beyond quite a while ago, and he saw Phantom Pain before everyone else. He probably knows about more secret game stuff than anyone else. Why wouldn't PR be wary of sending him anywhere that's not incredibly 'official?'

FStop7

Banned
Because Geoff is the public 'face' of games at the moment. I can't think of anyone who's more well-known in games outside oif MAYBE Miyamoto? PR could say 'oh no, they'll try to get him drunk and have him leak stuff he's seen.' Like how he saw Beyond quite a while ago, and he saw Phantom Pain before everyone else. He probably knows about more secret game stuff than anyone else. Why wouldn't PR be wary of sending him anywhere that's not incredibly 'official?'

OK, so now I know for sure you're insane.

ultron87

Drake in this TNT didn't even function as a developer guest. He was just another dude playing like Alexis or anyone else who randomly stops by sometimes. It wasn't "Harmonix Hour 3!" I guess if you personally dislike John Drake this could make sense but if you're drawing some arbitrary line in the sand like "I only want Giant Bomb members and related CBSi employees (but no one from Gamespot) in videos" it seems weird.

Did any of the Giant Bomb staff get a chance to see GTA V? I got the sense that they don't have a great relationship with Rockstar PR and since they've wait until today to discuss it.

Tan

Yes, they were going to talk about it thursday but meetings and technical issues got in the way according to Brad. He said they still plan on doing something with it.

God I hope that I don't have to wait until the release of the first DLC to get the PC version, but I do have a feeling that the PC version will not be announced before the inevitable next gen port.

winstano

A lot of people underestimate just how difficult it is getting current industry devs to talk casually in an environment like Giant Bomb. Publishers don't like it, PR thinks it's a potential nightmare and studios themselves often have policies against it.

That was never more evident than during the Disney Infinity thing the other month. Jeff and Johnny V were riffing off each other and the other guy from Disney was just like "Er... What?" the entire time. Really obviously toeing the line with PR being there!

Xater

God I hope that I don't have to wait until the release of the first DLC to get the PC version, but I do have a feeling that the PC version will not be announced before the inevitable next gen port.

The interesting thing I got out of this was that they were showing the PS3 version. Also that it apparently ran well.

After the game was out on PS2. PS2 version was out in 06 and Wii/360 versions were out in 08.

Damn your right. I could have swarm that was a year 1 360 game but it actually got released months before GTA4.

I hope we hear about next gen GTA5 at e3 though. Fingers crossed!

Damn your right. I could have swarm that was a year 1 360 game but it actually got released months before GTA4.

I hope we hear about next gen GTA5 at e3 though. Fingers crossed!

I dont think they would hurt their current gen sales by announcing a next gen version before it's out. I wouldn't be surprised if any possible next gen version is announced alongside the pc version well after the game's release.

Chuck

Still without luck
This GTA V video is terrible so far. Half way through they haven't talked ANYTHING about the gameplay they saw.

Rapstah

Okay, so they added emoticons and they're the Persona pictures and not the old review cartoons? They must've really hated the review cartoons.

Chuck

Still without luck
Yep, GTA V video was completely terrible. It was an unorganized waste of 20 minutes. They saw a long gameplay demo that no one outside of press has seen and they didn't talk about what they actually saw at all. Awful.

Because Geoff is the public 'face' of games at the moment. I can't think of anyone who's more well-known in games outside oif MAYBE Miyamoto?

WOT

He's probably not even the most well known game journalist. He's not the guy they put up front on awards shows on spike.

He should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom