• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread The Third: #TeamBrad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Maybe last Friday is just the beginning of a series of awesome videos where Brad gets difficult Achievements, though.

It was the first Breaking Brad that was actually successful, right?

LuchaShaq

Banned
Also something that should be in the OP:

Whiskey Media Video Buddy for iPad/iPhone.

Also available for Android

It's my preferred method of watching all of GB's content. I have watched the entire DP endurance run on iPad, I can watch GB when i'm cooking, or when i'm lying on the couch or in the garden. It's fucking rad.

mzl.ghnexkmf.480x480-75.jpg
mzl.yhfwxqly.480x480-75.jpg

I watch 90% of GB videos on the treadmill/bike at the gym due to this.
So good!

Disappointed in thread title. #TeamBrad is a flash in the pan that will be old by next week.

Ryan Davis will get fucked forever.

TEAM BRAD IS FOR LIFE

bradcvsvi.gif

Seriously though that moment was easily worthy of a thread title. I don't think there's a single instance of Giant Bomb history that beats that. PLUS, "fuck ryan davis" wouldn't be OK for obvious reasons (and censoring it would be the worst) and I don't like Ozone's suggestion, it's too negative.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
One could argue that brad playing through Doom 2 on nightmare is a on going ER.

#teambrad

I'm hoping to be done with that by the end of the month, schedule permitting. Doing more than three installments feels like overkill so I want to just sit down and churn through the rest of it... but with something like eight levels to go, that could be a loooooooong video.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm hoping to be done with that by the end of the month, schedule permitting. Doing more than three installments feels like overkill so I want to just sit down and churn through the rest of it... but with something like eight levels to go, that could be a loooooooong video.

Sweet!

I don't think anybody will complain about the video being too long hehe. Hopefully your schedule will allow it.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Best put on a pot of coffee then. You know we love loooooong videos!

Long videos are the best videos, can't wait to see the Doom II saga come to the end.

#TEAMBRAD

GavinGT

Banned
When are they finally going to put up the premium feed from BLLS? It's like Jeff was trolling us by saying, "sometime this week!". The video is already archived on Twitch (though password protected), so just download it and put it up!

Megasoum

Banned
When are they finally going to put up the premium feed from BLLS? It's like Jeff was trolling us by saying, "sometime this week!". The video is already archived on Twitch (though password protected), so just download it and put it up!

FYI it takes a while to edit,render and upload almost 20h of HD video...

GavinGT

Banned
FYI it takes a while to edit,render and upload almost 20h of HD video...

I'm just talking about the premium feed, as the main one is already archived on Twitch and available. And I don't necessarily need an HD feed of Alexis eating chicken nuggets. For anyone with access to the Twitch page to which the premium video was streamed, it would be trivial to rip the video.

I didn't know the premium stream was going up. I got home about 2 horus into the show and just clicked the chat page. When they said there was a member stream I didn't see it on the front page for some reason. I'd really like to watch it.

Yes, Drew said both are going up.

I didn't know the premium stream was going up. I got home about 2 horus into the show and just clicked the chat page. When they said there was a member stream I didn't see it on the front page for some reason. I'd really like to watch it.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm just talking about the premium feed, as the main one is already archived on Twitch and available. And I don't necessarily need an HD feed of Alexis eating chicken nuggets. For anyone with access to the Twitch page to which the premium video was streamed, it would be trivial to rip the video.

I understand what you mean but the twitch archives look like crap so why would they use those when they have HD videos on their HDD? Sure the premium stream didn't necessarly require HD video but better be consistant. And it is a "Premium" feature too so it's logical to put it up in HD.

Zaph

Whenever possible, they like to only post videos from their own source files and not repost Twitch archives.

Also, I'm pretty sure re-encoding those FLV's have caused major audio sync issues in the past.

GavinGT

Banned
I understand what you mean but the twitch archives look like crap so why would they use those when they have HD videos on their HDD? Sure the premium stream didn't necessarly require HD video but better be consistant. And it is a "Premium" feature too so it's logical to put it up in HD.

Yeah, I guess I just wish they'd post the crappy version right away and then replace it with the better version once it's done. I hate waiting for these things. It'd take a couple extra minutes and it would please me infinitely.

Jamie OD

Has anyone made that shirt design someone suggested that's brad standing victorious on a pile of dead brads?

I want to see that.

That gives me the idea of a Brad statue that somehow references every type of death he has ever suffered for Giant Bomb, a la Agrajag from The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy.

Jintor

Since we got a new thread going and we're on a high from BLLSL, I've wanted to ask if you are all happy with Patrick's contributions to GB with respect to the news coverage. Here's a bit of news he just posted:

This is how journalism (all journalism) works: you do the easy articles while you work on the big articles. And even then you don't nail the big articles every time. The output you get from, say, The Atlantic is generally the results of a huge team of journalists all consistently doing journalistic work so that you have a steady stream of larger articles. But Patrick is probably the only one at GB actively engaged in investigative journalism and distinct from the review/preview cycle that otherwise envelops most of the duder's time.

sixghost

This is how journalism (all journalism) works: you do the easy articles while you work on the big articles. And even then you don't nail the big articles every time. The output you get from, say, The Atlantic is generally the results of a huge team of journalists all consistently doing journalistic work so that you have a steady stream of larger articles. But Patrick is probably the only one at GB actively engaged in investigative journalism and distinct from the review/preview cycle that otherwise envelops most of the duder's time.
I wouldn't really call it that. He does stuff more like the video game version of human interest stories. It would be cool to see him do a real long-form piece, but they're low on content as is.

pbhawks45

Banned

Yup. You want to keep people up to date while giving them something they can't find anywhere else. Patrick is only one dude. It's not easy to get a hold of people and get them to stop what they're doing to talk with you about an issue.

/journalist here

Jintor

I wouldn't really call it that. He does stuff more like the video game version of human interest stories. It would be cool to see him do a real long-form piece, but they're low on content as is.

Fair point. It's hard to do investigative journalism in the entertainment field without an extensive network of contacts and actual, non-product cycle related news.

BanGy.nz

Banned
Yay, the premium streams are going up now. Missed the show live because of work so I'm glad I can now finally watch it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom