• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 07/19/16

daydream

Banned

gbcb_deckhhsi1.png

Date: 07/19/2016 - Duration:
02:35:02
- Download

That li'l NES. Famous elusive targets. Famous.af. Sega CD memories. EVO chat. The future of SNK. The truth about Dan's bladder. Ten minutes of HOT INSIDE SPOILERS. This Bombcast has it all!

Episode Notes:

We talk unreservedly about Inside from 01:07:00 to 01:18:45. Be warned!

gbcb_cast9bsdc.png

gbcb_250px_brad4wsuf.png
gbcb_250px_jeff7sslq.png
gbcb_250px_drew2ssda.png
gbcb_250px_danu3sjb.png

Das Ace

He's been drinking espresso in full size mugs, a few a day.

Doctor has him on no caffeine for the next 6 weeks.

Is this like an Ozzy Osbourne situation where he only survives extreme body abuse because of weird genetic things? 'Cause I have no idea how Dan is still alive...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Dan was drinking TWO FULL MUGS OF ESPRESSO SHOTS + 10 diet sodas a day?!

Man the caffeine addicts on GiantBomb.
Also pre-diabetic Dan. Be careful man. My friend's step dad has partial blindness because of his soul food/southern diet with full blown diabetes.

mr.beers

I'm shocked at that. They are ergonomic, but the sound is absolute garbage.

The hard plastic kills my ears. I bought some Sony buds that have that soft rubber that feel and sound sublime but they do block out all sound which is handy for lawn mowers and weed eaters.

Drew is literally the only person I have ever heard say "I love the earbuds that come with Apple products."
I also love them. They're comfortable and the sound is good. I only use them at work and when commuting, so it's not like I want them to isolate the sound and cancel the sound around me. They're great 👍🏽

Mr. F

Banned
Cool of them to get into Inside proper, and provide timestamps to boot. I hope they think about doing that more often, a lot of stuff likely gets lost in the wait to GOTY for proper plot/weird moment discussion.

Credo

He's been drinking espresso in full size mugs, a few a day.

Doctor has him on no caffeine for the next 6 weeks.

As someone who came off caffeine about 2 months ago and was only drinking maybe 4 diet sodas a day at that point, I pray for his poor body when the headaches come.

singhr1

I drink on average 8-10 diet cokes a day and 72oz of coffee (12oz when i get up, 24oz on the way to work, 24oz half way through my work day and a 12oz when i get home)

Caffeine really doesn't do anything for me unless i am consuming a shit load.

Does it effect you at all physically? Like its diuretic effect? Your vitals (HR, BP, etc.)?

Because thats already a shit load of coffee to most people.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Man the audio quality has been weird lately. So far this week's is far better than last's, but everyone still sounds weirdly muffled. I don't know what's going on with their setup

Salarians

I drink on average 8-10 diet cokes a day and 72oz of coffee (12oz when i get up, 24oz on the way to work, 24oz half way through my work day and a 12oz when i get home)

Caffeine really doesn't do anything for me unless i am consuming a shit load.

Espresso has a ton more caffeine than regular coffee or soda. Two 8oz cups of espresso contains over 1000 mg of caffeine (8oz of regular coffee is 95 mg, 8oz of soda is about 30 mg, and one 12oz Red Bull is a little over 100 mg).

Man the audio quality has been weird lately. So far this week's is far better than last's, but everyone still sounds weirdly muffled. I don't know what's going on with their setup
An integral part of their recording setup got damaged on the truck back from E3.

Drew has mentioned that a replacement is forthcoming.

TheXbox

Childlike overindulgence in trash food is all well and good until you discover you're a diabetic. Dan needs to stop with his cartoon character antics or he's going to kill himself.

old games ~fact check~

-StarTropics was on Virtual Console and had a recreation of the letter trick

-NES Contra actually has a very spotty rerelease history; it hasn't been released on any Virtual Console (They have the MSX2 version in Japan!), and the only rereleases I can find are a Windows Konami compilation disk in 2002 and as a bonus in Contra 4 on the DS

-Yoshi's Island did in fact use the Super FX chip - the enhanced Super FX2 version used for Winter Gold and Doom. It's how they were able to use so much sprite scaling and rotation. There are no Super FX games on Virtual Console of any kind: you can find the GBA version of Yoshi's Island on the Wii U VC, but not the SNES. Explanations range from some kind of emulation issue to a possible legal thorniness as the Super FX was designed by Argonaut, though that company has been gone for ages.

sikkinixx

It looks like they are sitting at a billiards table. Also those generic office chairs... nice to see CBS cares about their backs.

Top Bottom