• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 07/19/16

J_Viper

Why are you drinking so much water? If you're peeing 4 times a night you're clearly hydrated.

Well I drink a lot in the gym to stay hydrated, but at home, I'm frequently thirsty so I have to keep water around or else I'll have dry mouth or sometimes even feel dizzy.

Maybe it's creatine related?

Credo

Well I drink a lot in the gym to stay hydrated, but at home, I'm frequently thirsty so I have to keep water around or else I'll have dry mouth or sometimes even feel dizzy.

Maybe it's creatine related?

I'm right there with you. I've been waking up 4 times a night minimum for almost 10 years, and neither changing how much I drink nor reducing the amount I drink late in the day changes that. At best, I might get up 3 times instead of 4. I guess I should probably see a doctor about that sometime. =\

Wensih

As eyebrow-raising as Dan's health revelations were, I was shocked at Jeff's caffeine consumption and his ensuing immunity to it.

Keep yourselves healthy, duders!

It's common for people who have ADHD to become drowsy from caffeine. ADHD is treated with stimulants. Not saying Jeff has ADHD, but it's not unheard of of caffeine having the opposite of the attended effect.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That pee talk scared the hell out of me

There are nights were I get up to pee 3-4 times.

I'm 22......

Is it because I drink a lot of water, I refill my bottle about 4 time each gym session and keep water at my desk at all times, or am I already dead?

Hey pal, I'm in my mid 30s, lift often, and drink water all the time. I sleep through the night undisturbed. To be fair, I wake up and have to piss like a warhorse, but you should see a doctor.

Wigdogger

As for the piss thing, I'm not surprised some people have brought it up. For some guys, it can be because of prostatitis, which is usually just from habit (but it can rarely be bacterial). You can inflame it with too much alcohol, caffeine (Dan!), sitting or sexual activity. Doctors prescribe antibiotics often, but that doesn't solve it.

I've got a touch of it in the past, where I'd have piss about 7-10 times in 24 hours (compared to the usual 3-5). I can sleep through the night just fine, but during that period I had to wake up in the night, too. It's all good now.

Overactive bladder, prostatitis and stuff like pre-diabetes (Dan!) can definitely lead to this a bit. For prostatitis, try Prostaphil-2, which is a great natural supplement that helps with any inflammation down south.

In general, limit caffeine and alcohol, try and stand at your desk more, and leave your dick alone for a while. All good.

Some good NES talk this week. I didn't realize that all malls had those bootleg ones.

I had this bad boy:

Power_Joy.png

Real good Okay for playing Famicom games.

I sometimes feel a bit overanxious after drinking too much caffeine, I can't even imagine what that would do to Dan. I'm sure cutting back will pay him huge dividends,

ArjanN

Sega CD talk, no mention of Snatcher, the only game on it that was actually good.

The Inside talk was interesting, even thought they clearly didn't pick up on some of the story stuff.

The big divide between "FGC" who make all or part of their living on competition and "eSports" in the FGC's eyes as I've seen it is always one of "do we control who we are, or are we performing for what really is this enterprise" deal. That way competitors dont end up like RTS and Mmmmmmmobas where they're "the talent" rather than the core of the whole hootenanny.

KISS has alot of subtlety! *snrk*

And the reviews just end up being lightning rods of criticism. It is interesting to see noticed trends in the Giant Bomb Way getting put to words.

Steam controllers go on sale in bundles.

ahahahahahahahaha Ruddsfucker ZING!

Please no Evo talk

Ever

GAMERBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sega CD talk, no mention of Snatcher, the only game on it that was actually good.

The Inside talk was interesting, even thought they clearly didn't pick up on some of the story stuff.

Lunar!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Monster Punch has 160 mg of caffeine, Dan's cup of Espresso has about 1000 mg...
I know Jeff loves his energy drink stories, but it's really not the same thing. Fucking Dan...

The big divide between "FGC" who make all or part of their living on competition and "eSports" in the FGC's eyes as I've seen it is always one of "do we control who we are, or are we performing for what really is this enterprise" deal. That way competitors dont end up like RTS and Mmmmmmmobas where they're "the talent" rather than the core of the whole hootenanny.
Yep, "Esports" is mostly league organisations like ESL and MLG or companies propping up/controlling tournaments like Riot and Valve to a smaller degree. The FGC is proud to be mostly independent of that. Even the Capcom Pro Tour adds to existing events, which is a great way of doing it.

An organisation like the ESL would pick up something like SFV in its release year and then drop it for the next new thing. Meanwhile FGC tournaments will exist no matter what, because they always have.

They are at a crossroads now, though and it shines through from time to time. But so far it's been handled pretty well.

kiguel182

Brad needs to pick better emails. Or maybe people need to write better ones. I feel the email segment is way weaker than the Beastcast one.

Kusagari

Brad needs to pick better emails. Or maybe people need to write better ones. I feel the email segment is way weaker than the Beastcast one.

The emails aren't great in general but I seriously think it is Brad. The few times recently Jeff's picked them instead it was far better.

They should stop Dan talking about his terrible dietary choices. I know the statement is cliché and all but there are kids listening to the bombcast.

I think Dan is a smart dude and it's funny watching him portray himself as the forest gump of video games journalism, but I dunno, it's scary that some people might take him more seriously than he takes himself and idolise his lifestyle.

Mupod

With the Phantasy Star and Chrono Trigger talk someone should point Brad in the general direction of Cosmic Star Heroine.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They're right on about the FGC stuff. I really only saw people angrily lashing out over twitter to people who didn't know what they were seeing.

No_Style

This weeks Bombcast was terrible.

I was half way through this episode and thought the exact same thing. I think the problem stemmed from the fact that they didn't contribute anything new or interesting to the CSGO gambling or NES Classics topics. It just sounded like a run of the mill episode. Even the "shocking" Dan revelation is just another in a long list of revelations from Dan's life. It also doesn't help that Drew is actively working on production activities so he can't easily chime in.

I also agree that someone else should handle e-mail selection.

Not every episode needs to be a winner so I'm giving them a pass on this one.

Chuckman

Okay that's it. I've now lost all respect for Jeff and Dan for their dissing of the legendary KISS. Jeff with his shitty rap music and Dan with his love of Axl Rose and GnR. They then go on to trash talk KISS and then it turns out that Dan doesn't even know any of their songs. He has no knowledge or background at all with KISS. I get real irritated with Jeff and his dismissive attitude about damn near everything they talk about on the Bombcast. KISS may have dumb songs about sex etc, but you can't deny the influence they've had on a myriad of musicians that came after them. They are still touring strong to this day selling out shows. Only a handful of bands have had the staying power that KISS has.

Don't get me wrong, everybody has their own tastes in music, to each their own. But these guys have no background or knowledge of KISS. Dan's point about Paul Stanley being dumb, or a stupid person, is flat out a false statement. Once again showing his ignorance as he does on many of the subjects on this show.

JackDT

That pee talk scared the hell out of me

There are nights were I get up to pee 3-4 times.

I'm 22......

Is it because I drink a lot of water, I refill my bottle about 4 time each gym session and keep water at my desk at all times, or am I already dead?

Easy to check, just stop drinking water 3 or 4 hours before you go to sleep and see if you only wake up 0 or 1 times instead.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Parts of KISS are pretty good

some bad

some excellent

Talk shit all you want about Love Gun, it's a certified jam
aA7JqlX.gif

Curufinwe

They should stop Dan talking about his terrible dietary choices. I know the statement is cliché and all but there are kids listening to the bombcast.

I think Dan is a smart dude and it's funny watching him portray himself as the forest gump of video games journalism, but I dunno, it's scary that some people might take him more seriously than he takes himself and idolise his lifestyle.

It would be good for adults to not have to listen to that crap, too. Unless they're a doctor.

Justinh

I drink on average 8-10 diet cokes a day

This is about right for me, but I rarely drink coffee nowadays, and when I drink like more than 2 mugs I get bad headaches.

The more I hear Ryckert talk, the more he sounds like a real-life WaLuigi to me.

After not having consumed anything Giant Bomb related for over a year, I finally realize how weird these podcast threads really are.

Volotaire

Some timestamps from a user on YT:
TIMESTAMPS:

INTRO & RANDOM STUFF 00:00
OVERCOOKED 14:56
DANGEROUS GOLF 20:15
RESIDENT EVIL 5 22:05
MOBILE GAMES 23:00
VR 43:40
EVO 45:35
I AM SETSUNA 59:25
INSIDE SPOILER DISCUSSION 01:07:00