• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 1/12/16 (daydream is missing edition)

yami4ct

2761597-giant+bombcast.jpg

Date:1/12/2016 - Duration:
2:51:35
- Download

We come perilously close to probing the mysteries of a dwarven fortress before retreating to the relative comfort of safer topics like XCOM 2, SNL movies, VR pricing, Valve retirements, desert buses, grocery haulists, rap skits, and... M*A*S*H?

Staring:
MG Jeff 'RX-78' Gerstmann- The Origin Edition

HG Dan 'Maxter' Ryckert

RG Drew 'Zeta' Scanlon

RE/100 Brad 'Nightingale' Shoemaker

Daydream is out. Forgive me

If goty next year isn't game mountain I'm going to be very mad. What do we have to do to make this happen you guys? I would binge watch game mountain right fucking now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I never got a 'present day' vibe from Bully when it released. They never explicitly outright said when it was but never said when it wasn't either. The setting could just as easily have been set in the 80s with the arcade cabinet in the boys drom and some of the clothes the characters wore.

Orgun

Dwarf Fortress, Aurora 4x and quill18. Two of my favourite games and my fav youtuber mentioned all in one segment. Drew has good taste :)

Chuck

Still without luck
I couldn't agree with GB more than on the fake hoverboard talk. It's a fucking mini segway that somehow goes way fucking slower. It's bullshit.

Why? What would take it's place?

I enjoy hearing their thoughts on what's going on in games and tech.

I wish it would just kind of come up organically while they're discussing other things since most of the time their reactions are "huh, yeah" and/or "saw that that coming." But mostly I'm just so, so tired of hearing about VR. Most of the interesting stuff that comes out of discussing the news is the cool industry history we get out of Jeff, which he could supply by just shooting the shit anyway.

Aaron D.

Is it just me or does Dwarf Fortress seem to be getting a lot of traction of late?

It's been out forever, but suddenly all my podcast feeds are talking about it. Idle Thumbs, Match 3 and now Giant Bomb.

Make me want to give it a go myself, truth be told.

It's a free 10(!) MB download if anyone is curious.

"Sifl and Olly but with video games"

uh

EDIT: 20 Dollar Sack Pyramid is the all-time great, but De La Soul is Dead is the best album for skits if you include stuff like Kicked Out the House and Johnny's Dead.

Zekes!

Is it just me or does Dwarf Fortress seem to be getting a lot of traction of late?

It's been out forever, but suddenly all my podcast feeds are talking about it. Idle Thumbs, Match 3 and now Giant Bomb.

Make me want to give it a go myself, truth be told.

It's a free 10(!) MB download if anyone is curious.

I accidentally downloaded it last night

LiK

"We're not making one cuz it's done!" - Jeff

Hahaha, I wish Valve took Jeff's comments for their HL3 PR.

Jamie OD

Video Game Mountain sounds like something that would have been made by CITV in England during the 90s in between episodes of Art Attack and How 2.