• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I just spent a few minutes trying to figure out why the game was running like shit for me and instead ran across a lot of "LERN 2 PC" posts

what year is it

the same year as every year where the high and mighty neckbeards of the internet doth declare that those below mt. gaben shall never know how to play games, unless they spend money out the ass to play at 4k

yeah I just spent a few minutes trying to figure out why the game was running like shit for me and instead ran across a lot of "LERN 2 PC" posts

what year is it

Yeah, it's kind of a bummer that a game made exclusively for PC is giving so many people so many issues. Especially since it's not exactly a stunner visually.

the funny thing is I easily have the horsepower to run a lot of games at 4k, but this one's chugging at 1080.

works well with the steam controller, at any rate

e: this Beastcast intro, lol

the funny thing is I easily have the horsepower to run a lot of games at 4k, but this one's chugging at 1080.

I'm really weirded out by something developed exclusively for PC--with seemingly little reason to have such resource draw--having such problems on so many rigs. I've also read that action cam might be a problem, so maybe it's rendering the entire field from a high detail perspective just for those over the shoulder moments?

bye thread

swimbuff

I thought I was the only person crazy enough to like that game

I would love to see an expansion that took the factions stuff in that game deeper. The way your own and the aliens' actions (or inactions) impacted the relationship between the factions in the game, affecting anything between the security of the city, access to advanced technology, money, unit types was like nothing else in the genre. It was a perfect way of expanding the scope and systems of that franchise.

God now I feel like reinstalling and playing it again. At least it's something I can run on my laptop.

patapuf

works well with the steam controller, at any rate

e: this Beastcast intro, lol

Make sure to turn off MSAA, Bokeh and SSAO.

The Max preset puts MSAA at 8x, which kills any rig. It seems there's not much to be done about occasional drops in the base screen though.

popo

I'm 99% sure he's getting paid (the timing coinciding with the freelance budget can't be a coincidence) and also I'm pretty sure the clips from UPF in there were a premium stream? So it seems like they're not messing with it. It's really cool.

Vinny makes a joke about him being the one signing time sheets.

You should only DP your closest friends.

Or perfect strangers, as you will never be able to look them in the eye afterwards.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
That Firewatch video might just have sold me on the game. Looking great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom