• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - | 10-30-2012 |

I wish they'd 'spoil' things more often, every podcast the discussion is hamstrung because they have to dance around so much stuff. Kinda wish after talking about a game in a spoiler free way for a bit they would then give a warning and talk about it freely.

Wouldn't stop the situation where a member of the team hadn't played the game though.

I don't really think any game is worth having another hour of discussion about its plot though. Maybe Spec Ops The Line, but we got that episode via GameSpot. lol

They should start a second podcast where they talk about multiple games in spoiler filled detail, not just dedicate a spoilercast to one game.

After the regular podcast, they can have the spoiler-edition of that week's podcast where they can hash it out for the games of that week.

DMczaf

Podcasts like these are why I'm a premium member. I don't always agree with their opinions on games (or movies, food or other random things), but at least I can respect their opinion and know where they're coming from.

Also, Jeff's stories are worth it.

PS: Has anyone seen my white car?

1622152-thevinnydance.gif

This pleases Vinny
gb_vinny_e3_2012_txttr70c.gif

netBuff

I decided to finish up Warfighter this morning. So it turns out...

You don't infiltrate Bin Laden's compound, you infiltrate Hassan's compound, who is known as The Cleric. So Bin Laden isn't in the game at all, but I guess Hassan is supposed to fill in as a fictional Bin Laden?

So you finally played the mission and have confirmed what I've been saying all along, but you were too busy shouting me down to notice that. Not to forget about the fact that the "cutting power"-stuff Brad mentioned happens far earlier in the mission and isn't directly related to getting the "big bad terrorist". The mission also plays out pretty differently from what we know about the Bin Laden raid as reported in the media.

Medal of Honor Warfighter is a very uninspiring, generic game with an uninteresting plot. Getting this up in arms about some perceived spoiler that "ruined your experience" (it didn't and it wasn't a spoiler, unless you weren't expecting to go after
the terrorist that was built up as evil all game long
) is silly at best.

So you finally played the mission and have confirmed what I've been saying all along, but you were too busy shouting me down to notice that. Not to forget about the fact that the "cutting power"-stuff Brad mentioned happens far earlier in the mission and isn't directly related to getting the "big bad terrorist". The mission also plays out pretty differently from what we know about the Bin Laden raid as reported in the media.

Medal of Honor Warfighter is a very uninspiring, generic game with an uninteresting plot. Getting this up in arms about some perceived spoiler that "ruined your experience" (it didn't and it wasn't a spoiler, unless you weren't expecting to go after
the terrorist that was built up as evil all game long
) is silly at best.

Brad got the name of the guy wrong (which is odd to say the least), but the point still stands. I still had an idea of the direction the game was heading because of what he said, and the fact remains that he did lay out something that happened in the mission. Still a spoiler. Your bias against the style of game doesn't change that fact.

And quit getting your panties in a bunch over a game you're not going to play. Nobody takes your "uninspired, uninteresting plot" rant seriously when you haven't played it and have nothing to go on other than the opinions of others.

I think spoilers for shitty games are A - OK, and people who get angry about their shitty games being spoiled are whiners.

I'm also trying to come up with a reason why anyone would care about the plot of MoH and I'm drawing blanks. I even liked the last game, but, honestly, who gives a fuck?

ArjanN

I think spoilers for shitty games are A - OK, and people who get angry about their shitty games being spoiled are whiners.

I haven't played warfighter, but I just have to say that's a pretty dumb statement because I can guarantee there's someone who thinks your favourite game is shitty.

I actually played this subpar game to the finish. Considering this stuff a spoiler is absurd.

alYzW.png

Nice cropped screenshot, bro. I don't even see your name in that. You're a goddamn joke.

We're really going to go down the "spoilers are ok for games I don't like" path again? Are you going to start faking screenshots like the other guy too?

I don't buy it. They had to scan the negative in at some insane resolution before they could do all that Special Edition work, right? There has to be an archive of the films prior to the additions. Not preserving the original footage would just be insane.

Yep. And the fact that a fan made fucking homebrewed versions of the theatrical releases means that this is DEFINITELY possible even without the original scans. The versions he made were only in 720p because he did that work pre-bluray and also he didn't have a powerful enough PC to master it in 1080p apparently.

Top Bottom