• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 8-25-2015

puWgZgB.png

Date: 8-25-2015 - Duration:
2:41:54
Download
We talk about airplanes and drive-ins and video games and Metal Gear! Someone said "Sad Factory" and that was pretty funny! See you at PAX!

tCVcYQF.png

Huh!? A Giant Bomb Offical Thread!?

Daydream and Ren are MIA being cool guys

Timestamps

• 00:00:00 - 00:03:22 - Anime Talk (Sponsored By CrunchyRoll)
  • 00:03:45 - 00:13:42 - Ramblings about upcoming PAX events (feat. various airplanes, the chemtrail conspiracy theory, trucks, drinking, and wrestling).
  • 00:13:42 - 00:31:30 - An ultimately futile effort to understand Metal Gear Solid 1-4, and the history of Metal Gear + Kojima. Some MGSV speculation based only on trailers.
  • 00:31:30 - 00:45:49 - Gears of War Ultimate Edition impressions. Reminiscing about the Gears series and impact.
  • 00:45:49 - 00:47:35 - Star Wars Card Trading BY GAWD (Sponsor).
  • 00:47:35 - 00:52:37 - Pacman 256, endless runner chat
  • 00:52:37 - 00:54:00 - The MOBA Minute (AKA Thoughts on Dan playing Heroes of the Storm).
  • 00:54:00 - 01:01:50 - Life with Jason + Rocket League.
  • 01:01:50 - 01:10:40 - Until Dawn. Talk about events from Chapter 5. Mostly gaming mechanics talk. Does choice matter? No real spoilers as game is open-ended,
  • 01:10:40 - 01:14:15 - Volume discussion... which descends into Metal Gear discussion!
  • 01:14:15 - 01:21:20 - An attempt to talk about Super Mario Maker whilst dancing around Nintendo's dumb embargo.
  • 01:21:20 - 01:23:00 - FUCK DRAFT KINGS DOT COM (Sponsor).
  • 01:23:00 - 01:35:18 - NX Speculation (XXX [the film, not the concept], The History of the Internet Speed, The Nintendo Gamepumpkin).
  • 01:35:18 - 01:47:35 - Fig [the crowdfunding website, not the wasp container], and crowdfunding in general.
  • 01:47:35 - 01:53:40 - Street Fighter V Beta / Stress Test / Warning / On Fire / GGPO.
  • 01:53:40 - 01:59:40 - Hope for Rainbow Six Siege, delay chatter, trusty patches, why games are broke
  • 01:59:40 - 02:33:44 - Emails! (Retro Aesthetic, Obstetrician Mario & Friends, GB Talk Over Ideas, Death of 40s, Product Placement, Tomatoes, So many games, not trusting patches).
  • 02:33:44 - 02:38:48 - Last Email: In-depth Metal Gear Solid 4 Ending Chat + Possible Alternate Ending Talk
  • 02:38:48 - 02:41:14 - The Crew Is Going to PAX.
  • 02:41:14 - 02:41:51 - FUCK DRAFT KINGS DOT COM (Sponsor).
  • END

Yikes, not touching this until I know the extent of the Metal Gear talk. Giant Bomb plays fast and loose with those spoilers sometimes. Lookin' at you Brad.

Starting at 12 minutes they start going into heavy MGS1-4 Metal Gear Solid talk.

Thanks for the complements, I had to pull out all the stops since nobody had the thread planned.

npa189

Yikes, not touching this until I know the extent of the Metal Gear talk. Giant Bomb plays fast and loose with those spoilers sometimes. Lookin' at you Brad.

I don't think they've played it since they didn't attend the review event, but Brad is definitely known to forget about release dates for the average public and inadvertently spoiling them.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I like how the two pictures are 9 pixels off in width, accurately portraying an "oh so close" but not quite lazy pos OP.

KarmaCow

Since they seem to like talking about MGS I hope they just put a spoiler warning in the next few couple of weeks up front and just talk about MGSV openly. I don't care about the spoilers but trying to talk around stuff is just annoying to listen to, especially when you don't know what they're talking about.

Since they seem to like talking about MGS I hope they just put a spoiler warning in the next few couple of weeks up front and just talk about MGSV openly. I don't care about the spoilers but trying to talk around stuff is just annoying to listen to, especially when you don't know what they're talking about.

Brad doesn't do warnings

Better yet, no MGSV talk at all and they have a spoiler cast instead like they did when MGS4 came out.

kollapse

Neo Member
This first ad may be the best post-Vinny one yet.

How many times has Jeff said: "don't start the show with a showstopper"? Breaking his own rule.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Oh yeah I'm ready to rip out my ear buds at a moment's notice from Brad and MGS V spoils.
It's not a big deal. No one on the staff has played the full game and they don't talk about it. Just the rest of the series.

Everyone chill the fuck out.

It's not a big deal. No one on the staff has played the full game and they don't talk about it. Just the rest of the series.

Everyone chill the fuck out.

They work in the same office as gamespot and you think Dan hasn't tried to scope that copy? You trippin'

Top Bottom