• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giantbomb's Endurance Run: The Third: Chrono Trigger

One of my favorite Bombcast moments? When they come back from seeing Atlas at E3 during the P4 endurance run.

"Turns out, we're not getting sued! Yay!" :lol

Duffyside

Banned
It would be awesome if they hired Jeremy Parish. Besides writing articles, he could do JRPG ERs, Quick Looks, and perhaps creating his own JRPG podcast. This is providing he decides to move on from 1up, which I hope he does. But the reason why I brought it up is the prospect of him doing JRPG ERs.

T-Frog has been at 1Up forever, through thick and thin, and is now the EIC. He's not going anywhere. If he did it would be the result of something bad shit with IGN.

Now, Bettenhausen... now there's a man who needs to get back in the press. Yeah, he has a job at the mothership currently, butI can see him not loving it there and being enticed to go somewhere like GB. I would expect the pay wouldn't be too different, and his personality would be a wonderful compliment to the other Bomb guys. He would be both different enough to be interesting, but alike enough to fit in.

Grisby

So ends another ER. Caught up on all of it today. Had fun, I really feel like I'm part of the team cheering Ryan and Patrick.

Can't wait for the next one.

LiK

i think CT was a good experience for Ryan and Patrick overall. hoping it encourages the crew to do another.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Great show lads. It started off very meh, but eventually the endurance run became great. Ultimate damage was a godsend.

Now then, let's have a Tales of Vesperia endurance run !

T-Frog has been at 1Up forever, through thick and thin, and is now the EIC. He's not going anywhere. If he did it would be the result of something bad shit with IGN.

Now, Bettenhausen... now there's a man who needs to get back in the press. Yeah, he has a job at the mothership currently, butI can see him not loving it there and being enticed to go somewhere like GB. I would expect the pay wouldn't be too different, and his personality would be a wonderful compliment to the other Bomb guys. He would be both different enough to be interesting, but alike enough to fit in.

Yeah. The one thing GB is missing right now, is a dude that has encyclopedic knowledge on random old games.

The main reason why I still love 1up is because of random references to old games. And it does feel a bit... cringe worthy when 'Facts' are quite a bit off in GB stuff =/

And the ER is done? Didn't have time to watch this weeks stuff... I guess I have something worth watching. With how many sidequests Ryan did, I doubt lavos would be tough at all.

My mornings are so empty now :(

Word.

Judging from their comments on Chrono Cross they probably wouldn't enjoy it much so I don't want them to play that if there's ever another ER.
I'd like to see Jeff and Vinny play a SNES rpg. Breath of Fire 2 or maybe Earthbound.

Hell, Patrick loves FF6, get him to team up with someone and run through that.

Einhander

Secret of Evermore would be an interesting endurance run for them because there are all those pop culture references. I loved that game.

Torraz

I know I am a sinner for never having played Chrono Trigger myself (yet).

That said, should/could I substitute the actual playing of the game with watching this quick-look?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That said, should/could I substitute the actual playing of the game with watching this quick-look?
No.

Chrono Trigger is great, and you'll get a lot out of it if you play it the way you want to play it as opposed to watching someone else go through it.

Ozone said:
Guys, it's obvious what game they need to do next.

Animal Crossing
As long as they don't make the interns do it, I'm cool.

How was the Interns' Farmville ER anyway?

LCfiner

I fell behind by a week and caught up over the last few days. I watched the huge two and a half hour finale last night and it was a blast. A really fun episode with good commentary from both guys to finish things off.

I mostly stayed out of this thread for a couple reasons. 1. it had so much negativity, at least early on. and 2. I hadn't played much of CT before and didn't want comments in here to spoil me for stuff I was going to watch in the ER.

Now I think I need to buy CT for the iphone to play it while on the toilet at work. thanks GB/ SE.

And maybe these ERs of shorter games would make it easier for the GB guys to handle them in their schedule once a year or so. Not every ER needs to be a massive, 100 hour affair.

Haunted

Time to start bitching for a new one!
Brad x Vinny

cover.jpg

They both haven't played it before, so it's perfect.

I'd actually like to see them play Shenmue. I've never played it/seen much from it, but it seems to have a pretty dedicated following.

it's probably the worst game choice for a LP though.

I still believe Phoenix Wright would make the best ER ever, no matter what staff combo.

Myomoto

I still believe Phoenix Wright would make the best ER ever, no matter what staff combo.

Oh shit, I hadn't even thought of that. PW would be amazing. Hopefully the HD re-releases on iOS has a good iPad version, that'd at least make it realistic to hope they'd eventually do it (in like 8 years or whenever they decide to do another ER).

Haunted

PW is too limited in gameplay. Maybe the Edgeworth game, but even that is pushing it.

Why do you think Shenmue would be bad?

I feel like for some members of the staff (i.e., not Vinny), the dialogue needs to be spoken so that it gets read aloud. I think Shenmue would be a great endurance run.

Haunted

PW is great just for their reactions to the dialogue. Vinny makes everything gold.
Vinny makes everything great, but PW doesn't have enough actual gameplay besides reading through text and selecting things to be interesting to watch for most people. imo

I feel like for some members of the staff (i.e., not Vinny), the dialogue needs to be spoken so that it gets read aloud. I think Shenmue would be a great endurance run.
Absolutely.

Brashnir

PW is great just for their reactions to the dialogue. Vinny makes everything gold.

I can't even imagine the level of bitching in these threads each time they get stuck on a puzzle.

"OMG JUST PRESENT THE X TO COMMENT Y ALREADY!!!!"

Haunted

I can't even imagine the level of bitching in these threads each time they get stuck on a puzzle.

"OMG JUST PRESENT THE X TO COMMENT Y ALREADY!!!!"
I abused the hell out of the save feature in most PW games because the logic doesn't always flow that well and it can be a bit finnicky with what needs to be presented (imo).

I definitely wouldn't give them grief for that.

edit: why am I even talking about a PW endurance run. Make it Shenmue!

Vinny makes everything great, but PW doesn't have enough actual gameplay besides reading through text and selecting things to be interesting to watch for most people. imo

Absolutely.

then might just be me. I tend to do something else during ER's when plain old gameplay goes on, and only really pay attention when some dialogue thingies goes down.

Watching them actually play games is often infuriating enough in QL's.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I didn't want to bump a thread, but I had a minor CT question and making a new topic for that seemed kind of silly

Anyway, we know that in the US version you have to spell
LARA in order to save Lucca's mom
, but what would you have to do in the Japanese version? Here it maps perfectly to the controller, but obviously in Japan it would be more complicated to do that...

Top Bottom