• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

give blood and you could get bloodborne free (Playstation Denmark and GivBlod)

bjaelke

where did you read that,,? I have the press release here.. it does not say Bloodborne is a guaranteed gift..?

Alle, som enten donerer blod eller tilmelder sig som bloddonor hos GivBlod ved arrangementet, får som tak for deres gode gerning det nye PS4-spil Bloodborne eller et andet PlayStation-spil.
Link in OP

glaurung

Still think I'd prefer the regular "reward"

Anthon-Berg-marcipanbr%C3%B8d.jpg
Who the fuck would give Anthon Berg to blood donors!? That stuff is jolly expensive!

The only times I have given blood over here I have been given a cookie so bad I might as well have bitten into a dead dog. Another time I was given a hematogen candy bar so hard it could have been used in the construction of a railroad bridge.

All that aside, getting Bloodborne for giving blood sounds like a really good idea. I hope their drive gets tons of blood.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Link in OP
That's how I read it as well but the next sentence qualifies that the game is dependent on the die roll.

In addition to a game you also get entered for a draw win the Bloodborne themed PS4.
That's why I got confused.

The OP had it right all along, I didn't read the full paragraph and paid attention. Sorry.

Hanmik

That's how I read it as well but the next sentence qualifies that the game is dependent on the die roll.

In addition to a game you also get entered for a draw win the Bloodborne themed PS4.
That's why I got confused.

The OP had it right all along, I didn't read the full paragraph and paid attention. Sorry.

here is the paragraph from the press release..

Alle modige mænd der møder op på IT-universitetet på mandag og giver blod eller melder sig som bloddonorer får et spil (Bloodborne er i puljen!) og chancen for at vinde en unik Bloodborne-PS4.

so it is not guaranteed.. (or it could be.. it´s strangely worded)

fedexpeon

Banned
Strange that there is a shortage, and that they need a promotion to convince people.

Every time I see a Red Cross blood donation van, I just go in and give blood.
It takes like 10mins, I don't know what people are afraid of.

Trogdor1123

Strange that there is a shortage, and that they need a promotion to convince people.

Every time I see a Red Cross blood donation van, I just go in and give blood.
It takes like 10mins, I don't know what people are afraid of.

Some people cant give blood as they are on medication and what not. I am one of those people and I seriously wish I could give blood as I agree its super easy and extremely important.

My Father in Law has given blood almost 100 times I think. He has it regularly scheduled into his calendar.

Some people cant give blood as they are on medication and what not. I am one of those people and I seriously wish I could give blood as I agree its super easy and extremely important.

My Father in Law has given blood almost 100 times I think. He has it regularly scheduled into his calendar.

Dear Diary,

TIL Trogdor1123's Father in Law is a pretty cool guy.

Tenki

They pay like $35 per donation where I'm at, could just go twice and buy a guaranteed copy.

They pay per donation?

Here it's illegal to sell your blood. Blood donations are voluntary, and all you get is a snack. Well, and the satisfaction of helping people lol

Stanng243

I can't believe all the masochists signing up for this promotion.

Needles are the work of the devil and truly evil. Yes, I may have Belonephobia.

Dargor

Not on the site, but I haven't seen a good officially branded PS4 yet.
The ones I know of is just the hdd cover that is being replaced.

---

I think this is a fun campaign they thought up.

I see, a hdd BB themed cover is already good enough, I say.

And about the game being guaranteed or not, it still is a pretty cool campaign.

Hanmik

I just asked the people responsible for the event..

When you give blood you role a dice, that decides what game you will get.. and there are both PS4 and PS3 games in there..

kabel

They pay per donation?

Here it's illegal to sell your blood. Blood donations are voluntary, and all you get is a snack. Well, and the satisfaction of helping people lol

Here in Germany it's:

blood donation: 15 - 25€
plasma donation: 25 - 40€

@topic

That's actually really cool! Nice advertisement and it helps alot people.

Not on the site, but I haven't seen a good officially branded PS4 yet.
The ones I know of is just the hdd cover that is being replaced.

Japan has got all the good ones. The only one we've got was the 20th Anniversary and that had a limited run (which I luckily got).

Does the White one count?

-MD-

They pay per donation?

Yeah, you can go like 8 times per month for blood. The first 2 visits pay out like $40-50 each and then each one after that is ~$30-35.

US / Wisconsin.

Hanmik

I had a rare dissease when I was a kid.. I had LOTS of blood transfusions.. I mean LOTS .. so I´m so glad to see people are doing stuff to make sure we have enough blood for the ones who need it.!!

I was in Copenhagen, Sønderborg and Odense alot between the age of 2 and 13..

Astral

Not worth it. I've given blood before and I don't ever wanna do it again unless it's an extreme emergency. The needle was fucking huge and watching the blood flow out of me through that thick tube made me sick. I get chills just thinking about it.

Platy

It is a little bit different between men and women, but I think the campaign is just trying to get men to donate more because apparently the women in Denmark already have it down.

As far as discrimination goes, blood donations are technically discriminatory against homosexuals though, because they aren't allowed to donate blood within a year (I think) of being sexually active. This is because homosexuals are statistically much more likely to carry new strands of HIV and other bloodborne pathogens.

ALso, men need to wait less to donate again, so an active male donor is better for the hospital than an active female donor.

Like most gender segregated spaces, this has little to do with your actual gender but more about some generic biological trait that is not 100% on each gender, in this case the blood production in your body, which testosterone helps to increase.

Akiller

This type of promotion has potential:
"Give Your life and you could get MGSV For free."
"Give Your wallet and you could get HL3 For -25% ."

giv blud, scrub

Not worth it. I've given blood before and I don't ever wanna do it again unless it's an extreme emergency. The needle was fucking huge and watching the blood flow out of me through that thick tube made me sick. I get chills just thinking about it.

You need more than a brand new video game as incentive to donate blood because ew, icky?

Astral

giv blud, scrub

You need more than a brand new video game as incentive to donate blood because ew, icky?

Not Ew, icky. Needles, veins, and blood just creep me out. Some people are afraid of spiders and can almost feel them crawling on their skin at the mere mention of them. When I hear detailed descriptions of anything blood or vein related, or imagine the process of giving blood, my arm starts to ache and I get goosebumps. NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Hung_real

don't give senran kagura any idea

Not Ew, icky. Needles, veins, and blood just creep me out. Some people are afraid of spiders and can almost feel them crawling on their skin at the mere mention of them. When I hear detailed descriptions of anything blood or vein related, or imagine the process of giving blood, my arm starts to ache and I get goosebumps. NOPE NOPE NOPE.

are you still picking up Bloodborne day 1 tho ?

Eh, I guess I don't understand because I never had that fear. If someone asked me to climb up a tall-ass multi-story ladder to cure cancer I'd probably be noping the fuck out too.

Hanmik

Eh, I guess I don't understand because I never had that fear. If someone asked me to climb up a tall-ass multi-story ladder to cure cancer I'd probably be noping the fuck out too.

we have a guy here at work that gets VERY ill if he sees blood. He can´t even stand to hear about it..

One time he had a tiny cut on his finger.. he came and asked for a patch for the cut. He couldn´t look at his finger. He looked away all the time. And when the patch was on his finger, he had to sit down for an hour.. he had a wet cloth on his forehead all the time.. he almost fainted.

So some people really don´t like blood.

Vito

Banned
Wow, I wish I got cash when I donated blood but all I got was a sandwich. Still, I'd probably feel bad doing it for cash, it's something you just do.

I get the fear but you could be more of an adult when it comes to phrasing it. Though, I guess you don't play any violent video games with blood in them then!

That's awesome. I hope it makes a lot of people donate blood.

I've donated three times so far, through four attempts. I wasn't hydrated enough the first time. My vein is tricky to get to and needs a lot of water.

We get a drink and food (cookie, donut, etc.) for doing it. But that's more than enough.

Tigress

Better than me. I'm phobic of needles so good lucky trying to get me to voluntarily do anything involving needles (unless you work on my hypochondria enough to get that to kick in so that my fear of disease overcomes my fear of needles. Tetanus is the only shot I've willingly gotten and that is cause some one described tetanus to me *shudder*).

I've gotten a lot better about it honestly. But the longer I go without being stuck the more back to being phobic I get (I was getting pretty good about it when I was in the hospital after a motorcycle crash but they were sticking me everyday for a while).

But.. that being said, could you go and ask them to just stick you and not mention blood and just not look (ask them to put a towel over it so you can't see it even if part of you is tempted)?

Logash

I used to donate blood every year when I was younger. Wish this was in the states but we all know that they would never do this in a market as big as the US and UK.

I'm with the people that hate getting their blood taken. What always happens with me is they find a vein and stick the needle in, but can't get enough blood. So they find another vein, stick the needle in, and still don't get enough blood. So they have to find a 3rd vein before they finally get enough blood.

UberTag

One of the best free game promotions I've ever encountered to support a worthy cause.
Mega props to Sony on this one.

Top Bottom