• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Give Me One Good Reason Why John Cena Shouldn't be in Injustice 2

Teeth

I just have to reiterate with everyone else that they should make a real WWE Immortals game. It would probably sell very well and could just be based off the MK engine with some grappling mechanics thrown in.

Dremark

Banned
I assume it's a one part licensing issue (WWE has trademarks on the name John Cena apparently), and another part ethical issue in theory.

How can WWE trademark the guy's actual name and stop him from using it?

I'm not saying you're wrong but I don't think even Vince has the grapefruits or legal team to tell a guy he owns everything about him down to his name.

wNvbwoK.jpg

xsMFkWf.jpg

cuz he love anime

Pizza

Fuck. YES. We already have fucking horror movie characters that don't quite work great in Mortal Kombat, gimmie Duane and John in Injustice PLEASE. It's so dumb that it's sweet. I want to see superjohn suplex the flash.

Also I fully support the notion of a full console WWE immortals game.

I was going to post something about John Cena being the most nauseatingly over hyped thing ever, but I genuinely didn't know about that WWE Immortals thing. OP puts up a convincing argument.

Soodanim

I'm thinking...translate the original Akuma appearance (secret boss) to Injustice, replacing Akuma with John Cena and his music playing when you trigger him his appearance.

Someone needs to make this happen in Mugen.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Okay, so, this is a personal and somewhat complex web of nonsense involving a highly unstable individual I was friends and briefly FWBs with, but I can only assume there will be a never-ending clusterfuck on gaf now until the end of time, which inevitably involves you guys and gals on the mod team in some way, so I'm an open book here. The woman in question ended up being completely psychotic and held a grudge against me after a bizarre love triangle situation developed a few years ago between me, her, and another girl (the other girl I ended up in a long-term relationship with shortly thereafter). This NOLA story she apparently just put up on social media is a delusion of a deeply disturbed person who had a total psychological breakdown as a result of me and the other girl getting together, because she (phew, yeah...) became obsessively infatuated with the other girl (she's bi) on sight when the three of us met up. I wanted to just stay friends with the girl making the accusation and made it super super clear ahead of time that me and the other girl were interested in each other romantically and that could play out as such when we met up. Supposedly this was not a problem for her from accusation, but in reality she uhhh wanted me to die painfully after seeing me and the other girl interact. Plus she became infatuated with the other girl simultaneously to this (she's bi), which created the aforementioned bizarre love triangle that ended up causing her to implode and have an apparently very intense and long-lasting grudge. The whole story about how that love triangle thing played out is, frankly, nuts and scary, and involves this girl bringing us to a compound of dangerous scientology spinoff cultists on that same trip, who roofied us, attempted to recruit/scam me and attempted to abduct/rape the girl I ended up dating, in what was a fucking scary situation that resulted in me and the other girl and the rest of my friend circle never speaking to this girl from the accusation again.

You'd beat him in "round one" but then he'd beat you in round two and three in convincing fashion.

Fuck, I wasn't on board before but I'm all over that. Make him the final boss with bullshit like MK9's Shao Kahn had. (Netherrealm just needs to make a damn WWE Immortals game already)

PiJQYlY.gif

Frosted

I'll give you one good reason.......

1 - Because before they can put John Cena in anything, they have to put Captain Insano first.

Captain Insano ................> Revolting Blob...............> John Cena.

Raw bars

Banned
One reason is that he isn't a comic book character. I get that he can guest star, but it'll feel like something that is just shoehorned in.

How can WWE trademark the guy's actual name and stop him from using it?

I'm not saying you're wrong but I don't think even Vince has the grapefruits or legal team to tell a guy he owns everything about him down to his name.

Turns out: Vince does have the grapefruits to do so

via wwe's website
Likewise, World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.'s trademarks and service marks, including not only its world famous WWE and WWE marks, but also the names of its Superstars (like John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Undertaker, etc.), are protected by state, federal, and international trademark laws. Any person who uses our marks for commercial or non-commercial purposes without our permission on goods or services in such a way that it dilutes the distinctive quality of our marks or that creates the likelihood of confusion with our marks, is liable for trademark infringement.

source: http://www.wwe.com/main-help/generalfaq/copyright

They'd have to immediately nerf him.

Def Jam you silly person

Def Jam

Divekick

Shaq-Fu

Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter (Norimaru)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Snoop Dogg)

I should have phrased that better. I meant more like fighting games with fictional casts that have a real guest character.

Def Jam has most of its roster being real. I always thought of it as combat sports since it used a wrestling engine until the PS3/360 one.

Snoop was just a stage npc.

Yeah DiveKick works and Norimaru is a bit similar to the Power Instinct example.

Carl Weathers is in MKX as a skin.

I literally thought of him while writing the question. But he's a movie character skin with the appearance of an actor. Injustice had Green Arrow, Superman and Zod actor skins.

The Fight Club game had Limp Bizkit

This actually works.

Top Bottom