• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Does Exist. Gran Turismo is a a PS5 exclusive. Next gen only.

post-S

Oh please, GT's physics were always "ok" and the AI has been terrible since forever. In Sport, AI is actually worse in more ways than it's better compared to GT5/6 on the PS3. It was never a hardware issue, PD always sucked or didn't really give priority to certain aspects.

There's no doubt in my mind the AI is still going to be less than passable in GT7 even if it's made from the ground on for the PS5. It's always been a developer issue.
Jaguar is weaker than Cell though

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I am not buying the game if they dont have destruction. There is simply no excuse now that they have a great CPU to play with.

As for the penalty system, i had several issues with it but tbh they can never have a 100% fair penalty system. It's pretty much impossible for the A.I to figure out who was at fault.

And I say this as someone who had to go through stuff like this way too often:

I believe the damage model was mainly due to car manufacturers not wanting it (at the time of GTs height, as it were used for cross promotional material in advertising), but now that games are larger than life, they seemed to have dropped that silliness.

GT does need to catch up with that.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Who gives a shit, there's a fucking Carrera GT in that trailer!!!

Which didn't help at all for the game from being the absolutely worst, most castrated, outdated and content lacking GT ever created... Static screens comparisons might be cool for warriors like you, but graphics are no good if they make 90-95% of the game, literally, there's barely anything more the game has to offer, especially compared to a content packed competitor like Forza. Just when people thought GT can't get any worse than 5, PD kept proving peope wrong again and again ever since, and had to force people into new installments by closing the servers of older ones. Long story short, the series turned into dogshit, wrapped into luxurious package, but still dogshit nevertheless. And that's coming from a guy who used to buy Playstation consoles on day one solely for the GT games, and I'm not alone with my opinion, PD has a really tough job to get its old fans back, otherwise their only chance is yet again shutting down the GT:S servers, that's how low they currently are.

So here's hoping that this time around, with proper CPU, dedicated audio chip, tons of memory and GPU power, and an SSD, they'll be able to get everything right and get the series back on track, back to its former glory. It's now or never, they have literally ZERO excuses from the hardware side this time around.
Well well, Another FIA season just started. GTS is at pole position for racing MP this gen.....No other racer has garnered as much interest and a following of it's championships like GTS, this is where the racing enthusiasts resides, not in Forza Derby......Multiple free updates from launch and they are still updating, only racer people are still playing in droves, but it's a crapshoot.......Sold more copies than Forza 7 by a longshot, received best visuals by numerous publications, best audio, best motorsports, best ATD, best driving feel and engine......They only thing they lacked was SP at launch and even that was remedied later.

GTS is still thriving because of one thing, because it's the best 60fps driving sim racer there is.......

TBH, I am quite shocked by how many exclusives they are launching in 2021. I know this was known but just seeing them in a 1 minute commercial really gets the point home.

GT7
Horizon
Ratchet
Death Loop
GhostWire Tokyo
Destruction All Stars

And they have already released
Demon Souls
Spiderman Miles
Sackboy
Astrobot
Godfall

Thats all in 1 year. 11 exclusives. Most of them next gen only. Almost all of them extremely high quality.

Shocking.

That said, Xbox will be fine.

Not to be negative but are we sure none of those will slip into 2022?

DonJimbo

Gran Turismo shit racing game since GT5 same assets same shit same boring bullshit and still the hype is there that I don't understand
Fuck You Jim Ryan you piece of Shit you made my right stick Drift on my PS4 PRO controller and I didn't have that problem with my og controller fuck you Jim

sublimit

Banned
I think Polyphony learned their "lesson" after the way veteran fans reacted at GTSport initially so i'm sure they will go all out with GT7 this time.

HAL-01

Oh please, GT's physics were always "ok" and the AI has been terrible since forever. In Sport, AI is actually worse in more ways than it's better compared to GT5/6 on the PS3. It was never a hardware issue, PD always sucked or didn't really give priority to certain aspects.

There's no doubt in my mind the AI is still going to be less than passable in GT7 even if it's made from the ground on for the PS5. It's always been a developer issue.
I gave you an answer from a technical standpoint, If you think PD are just incompetent that’s just like, your opinion man

Last edited:

Skifi28

I gave you an answer from a technical standpoint, If you think PD are just incompetent that’s just like, your opinion man

The technical standpoint doesn't make much sense to me if they were never technically constrained. We'd like to think the new consoles will make make a huge difference in AI/physics and the like, but they really won't. Such aspects will remain largely the same as they've been for years now. It's an issue of time and writting good code, not an issue of throwing tons of power at it.

HAL-01

The technical standpoint doesn't make much sense to me if they were never technically constrained. We'd like to think the new consoles will make make a huge difference in AI/physics and the like, but they really won't. Such aspects will remain largely the same as they've been for years now. It's an issue of time and writting good code, not an issue of throwing tons of power at it.
Again, you’re just writing an opinion as if it were fact, I don’t care

John Wick

given that the gameplay we saw so far looked basically identical to GT Sports aside from the resolution and raytracing (even draw distance and shadow resolution were 100% identical to PS4 pro) ... is that really that big a deal?

how would the PS4 hold it back in any way? the answer is it wouldn't
What a dumb comment. Game is in development and we've seen what a couple of mins of early footage but it's identical to GT Sports(it isn't because they already confirmed they will have the old GT car mods and progression etc).
With your analysis at the end you could apply that to every game it all depends on what you want to compromise and sacrifice.

Skifi28

Again, you’re just writing an opinion as if it were fact, I don’t care

It's a forum, everything is an opinion and the whole point is exchanging them. Does every post need to end with "imo"? If you don't care you can drop the discussion, quite simple.

Last edited:

HAL-01

It's a forum, everything is an opinion and the whole point is exchanging them. Does every post need to end with "imo"? If you don't care you can drop the discussion, quite simple.
Yes, when you try to start an argument over the factual answer to your question, that’s uncalled for. Toodles

-Shodan-

Neo Member
Expected but still nice to have further confirmation.

Also, "Next gen doesn't start until Yamauchi says so". Bring it, PD.

Banned
What a dumb comment. Game is in development and we've seen what a couple of mins of early footage but it's identical to GT Sports(it isn't because they already confirmed they will have the old GT car mods and progression etc).
With your analysis at the end you could apply that to every game it all depends on what you want to compromise and sacrifice.

WhaT A dUmB CoMmeNt durRrRRRrrr

my comment was an objective observation of the gameplay demo shown.
it looked almost 100% identical to GT Sport in terms of graphics, with the only uogrades being a higher render resolution and selective RT reflections.

and my question was how GT7 could in any way be held back by a PS4 version. if my comment was so dumb then answer me that if you can, how is it good that it is PS5 exclusive? how would a PS4 version make the game worse on PS5?

you surely aren't too dumb to answer are you? surely you have multiple arguments at hand to refute my dumb comment

Last edited:
200.gif

As all things should be.

Even Sony knows a proper next gen GT game will easily sell millions of PS5s.

Awesome news, as a big consumer of GT Sport, GT7 is the game that will make me justify PS5 purchase.

Online racing is where it’s at with GT, now and in the future.

Unknown?

Gran Turismo shit racing game since GT5 same assets same shit same boring bullshit and still the hype is there that I don't understand
Fuck You Jim Ryan you piece of Shit you made my right stick Drift on my PS4 PRO controller and I didn't have that problem with my og controller fuck you Jim
Thought provoking. I am enlightened!

FrankWza

Weren't they really expensive in 2011? I still have one laying around so it's something to think about for the future if Sony still doesn't do disc based BC with the PS6 or a PS5 Pro.
Yeah but after hundreds for a wheel and pedals and for a shifter and stand what’s another $150?

FranXico

I think Polyphony learned their "lesson" after the way veteran fans reacted at GTSport initially so i'm sure they will go all out with GT7 this time.
The fact it wasn't a numbered entry shows they wanted to experiment a bit with GTS.

Ac!dSnake

Neo Member
Easily one of the core reasons behind a PS5 purchase for me. I can't wait to see what Polyphony Digital does with the DualSense controller. After playing nearly nothing but open-world racing games this past generation, I think I'm going to stick with GT7 for this generation. I've been dabbling a lot in GT Sport recently, and I have so much more appreciation now for closed-circuit racing games and Gran Turismo's loop of race, get money, buy better vehicles, and repeat (as opposed to all the BS so many racing franchises are trying to stuff into their games lately).

Tschumi

As a ps4 pro owner for the foreseeable future this is a bummer to me, but Sport has single player content now so I'll probably be okay.

This is utter nonsense. Nobody 'lied' about anything. Sony never said that ALL their games will be PS5 only. The whole 'We believe in generations' thing was in response to MS saying that all of their games in the first 2 years would be cross-gen, and all it meant was that there would be PS5 exclusives. And that's 100% true. They never lied, they just held back the cross-gen announcements until the second showcase. People chose to read too much into the generations comment and thought every single thing in the first showcase was PS5 exclusive but that was always a silly thing to assume. Why would Sony completely stop making games for the platform with nearly 120m users? Of course they are going to keep supporting it a well as supporting the PS5. It was always going to be a balancing act.

And anyway, they made it clear a while ago that Ratchet, GT7, Returnal and Destruction Allstars are all PS5 only games.

It's absolutely mental that this needs to be spelled out for people.

Unknown?

This is utter nonsense. Nobody 'lied' about anything. Sony never said that ALL their games will be PS5 only. The whole 'We believe in generations' thing was in response to MS saying that all of their games in the first 2 years would be cross-gen, and all it meant was that there would be PS5 exclusives. And that's 100% true. They never lied, they just held back the cross-gen announcements until the second showcase. People chose to read too much into the generations comment and thought every single thing in the first showcase was PS5 exclusive but that was always a silly thing to assume. Why would Sony completely stop making games for the platform with nearly 120m users? Of course they are going to keep supporting it a well as supporting the PS5. It was always going to be a balancing act.

And anyway, they made it clear a while ago that Ratchet, GT7, Returnal and Destruction Allstars are all PS5 only games.
BOOM! Roasted! @slimeysnake

Unknown?

Will it be a full release if it comes out in 2021 or something akin to prologue? I doubt we will see a full release in 2021.
Sport was supposed to release in 2016 but was delayed to 2017 for content. That puts it at 5 years original release and 4 years after delay. That's plenty of time, especially since the part that took them the longest(car models) has outsourced companies helping them.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Sport was supposed to release in 2016 but was delayed to 2017 for content. That puts it at 5 years original release and 4 years after delay. That's plenty of time, especially since the part that took them the longest(car models) has outsourced companies helping them.
Maybe. Even Sport was pretty bare bones when released. Took awhile to become the ultimately great racer it is. I just don't have much faith in PD and release schedules.

sublimit

Banned
The fact it wasn't a numbered entry shows they wanted to experiment a bit with GTS.
Yeah but i remember that before its release Yamauchi wanted to present it as GT7 and that had raised the expectations a lot.Of course later on he changed his tune even though Polyphony had improved the carreer mode tremendously.

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member
You are overestimating racing games appeal to the general public. They are not exactly Fortnite or FIFA...
With all due respect, I think you're underestimating the behemoth that is the Gran Turismo series. It's sold 85+ million copies, it's the highest-selling PlayStation franchise of all time.

I think it'll sell a few PS5 units.

Top Bottom