• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2 coming to Vita

duckroll

Clarification:

- Game delayed to 2013
- Launching on both PSP and Vita
- Vita has better graphics and better controls
- Saves from PSP supported on Vita
- Both PSP and Vita can play on multiplayer (like Dan's Balls Cenky W)

Hobby

Add. Famitsu news via Sinobi:
[3DS] Fantasy Life - Dec. 27th release, comes with Nobuo Uematsu produced mini-soundtrack for early buyers.
[3DS] Card Fight! Vanguard: Ride to Victory - 2013

Ridley327

More like being the only cod in the little pond when the entire shoal is elsewhere.

This is definitely an issue; the reason that the market for MonHun clones exists in the first place is because of Monster Hunter, but does it exist on the system that doesn't have Monster Hunter? It's a tough call either way, but Namco feels that there can be.

Acosta

Being God Eater heavily dependent on Monster Hunter fanbase, I'd see better God Eater 2 on PSP in 2012, and God Eater 2 Burst on 3DS in 2013; being on PSP makes the Vita version not relevant in the market (even though PSP won't be so much alive in 2013, but surely more than Vita software-wise). That's why I think it's a bad move, but that's just my opinion for what concerns sales.

For god's sake...

Do you hear developers? Stop developing for Vita ASAP, it´s over, nobody is interested!

Anyways, good news, logical move.

Loudninja

Clarification:

- Game delayed to 2013
- Launching on both PSP and Vita
- Vita has better graphics and better controls
- Saves from PSP supported on Vita
- Both PSP and Vita can play on multiplayer (like Dan's Balls Cenky W)
So don't get the PSP version is what I am reading.

Takao

Banned
Add. Famitsu news via Sinobi:
[3DS] Fantasy Life - Dec. 27th release, comes with Nobuo Uematsu produced mini-soundtrack for early buyers.
[3DS] Card Fight! Vanguard: Ride to Victory - 2013

Card Fight Vanguard gets a 3DS game before Yu-Gi-Oh!.

How useless is Konami?

Erethian

If it was a new I.P you'd have a point, but GE was pretty successful so there's no reason to assume people won't dust off their PSP's and buy it, and you've got potential sales from newer Vita owners as well

There are plenty of examples of new entries in existing franchises showing an appreciable decline in sales on the PSP. By 2013 that situation will be even worse.

This is definitely an issue; the reason that the market for MonHun clones exists in the first place is because of Monster Hunter, but does it exist on the system that doesn't have Monster Hunter? It's a tough call either way, but Namco feels that there can be.

Namco feels there can be, but it's testing that in the worst possible way, by releasing the Vita version the same day as the PSP one; if they really want to release that game on Vita, I'd say as before: GE2 on PSP in 2012, and GE2 Burst in 2013 on Vita. But still.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Obviously good news for Vita owners and Sony, though putting on my sales hat for a minute, not too sure a 2013 PSP dual release will do all that much for Vita in Japan.

Emitan

YESSSSSS

Always wanted to try God Eater but I didn't see the point when I owned MHFU. Now I can finally get a Mon Hun style game on Vita!

Ridley327

YESSSSSS

Always wanted to try God Eater but I didn't see the point when I owned MHFU. Now I can finally get a Mon Hun style game on Vita!

Even with MHFU, God Eater plays quite a bit differently from MH for even diehard fans to give it a shot. FWIW, I think it's a much better portable game than MH.

Seda

For those still looking for an Andriasang replacement for RSS or whatever:

http://bdashnews.wordpress.com/

Retailer blog Sinobi reports that Bandai Namco Games has confirmed their upcoming God Eater 2 title will not only be on the PSP but on the Vita as well. The title is being delayed to 2013. The Vita version will feature superior graphics, enhanced controls, and be compatible with the PSP version over multiplayer. Save files can also be transferred from PSP to Vita.

Alrus

Totally expected.

The Vita is saved!

By a non platform exclusive game from a franchise whose success hinged on a fanbase that isn't there? Not really.

Even with MHFU, God Eater plays quite a bit differently from MH for even diehard fans to give it a shot. FWIW, I think it's a much better portable game than MH.

I think the exact opposite, it's a pretty terrible MH clone. Button mashy, ugly designs and stupid plot :/ I was really disappointed by it, hopefully 2 is much better.

Ridley327

Vita version will definitely be the one to get, just because of being able to play gunner with an actual dual analog setup. Doing that on the PSP was painful.

Vitacat

YESSSSSS

Same.

Just bought MHFU few days ago on Vita, will just play that until GE2 comes for Vita. So happy we're getting a real Vita version with updated visuals and controls. Feels good.

Kyoufu

I think this will be online enabled via Adhoc Party since the Vita version is compatible with the PSP version.

I could be wrong though.

Emitan

Oh? I watched a video review and it looked like Mon Hun but I didn't really see a big difference besides it maybe being a bit faster.

jimmypython

I remember GOD EATER did extremely well because people were craving a new MHP game for PSP at the time.

The game will do decently when there is no Monster Hunter, which is exactly where the Vita is now.

Ridley327

Oh? I watched a video review and it looked like Mon Hun but I didn't really see a big difference besides it maybe being a bit faster.

Well, for starters, there is no distinction between blade users and gunners, because every weapon in the game can switch between the two. Another big departure is how they handle ammo, since you can create your own that operate in a nearly infinite amount of varieties and patterns.

Takao

Banned
I think this will be online enabled via Adhoc Party since the Vita version is compatible with the PSP version.

I could be wrong though.

LBX W does the same PSP <-> Vita multiplayer stuff and there's been absolutely zero mention of Adhoc Party.

I remember GOD EATER did extremely well because people were craving a new MHP game for PSP at the time.

The game will do decently when there is no Monster Hunter, which is exactly where the Vita is now.
Chances are this game got delayed to early 2013 and it launches pretty close to MH4.

B.O.O.M

I'm so happy. Hope to see a western release with online co op!

Hopefully we will get it at least end of next year...then Soul Sacrifice and God Eater 2 both in the same year! drool

Top Bottom