• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2 coming to Vita

Emitan

Well, for starters, there is no distinction between blade users and gunners, because every weapon in the game can switch between the two. Another big departure is how they handle ammo, since you can create your own that operate in a nearly infinite amount of varieties and patterns.

That sounds pretty cool

Acosta

Oh? I watched a video review and it looked like Mon Hun but I didn't really see a big difference besides it maybe being a bit faster.

Short version:

Way less grinding, faster pace, overall easier game than a normal Monhan, really competent IA, great music, soso history -depending on taste though-, great/weird weapon design, could get some improvements on scenarios and monster design (IMO). Really enjoyable game.

You don't need to be a Monster Hunter fan to like God Eater, actually is quite the opposite, you could really like God Eater without liking/having the patience for Monster Hunter.

2 could be a really spectacular game with the right improvements. Double stick support will be really welcome.

Takao

Banned
?

Level 5 has no reason to mention AHP.

True. SCEJ's running a small sclae marketing campaign for it so they'll probably do one of their dev interviews/walkthroughs on their blog. The game comes out soon enough that I'll make note to see if it isn't just a Vita to PSP connection.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I remember they brought directly the Burst version of the first game in the West, no?

Maedhros

Good. I found it much better than Monster Hunter... this and Soul Sacrifice should provide options for this type of game.

Acosta

I just struggle to see how releasing on these particular 2 systems gives it much (if any) chance of being localised

Europe got Burst for the "dead" PSP in a moment when nobody was releasing PSP games anymore

No reason for thinking 2 won't come (and even if it doesn't, region free FTW).

Will be interesting to see what the sales figures prove regarding the relationship, or lack thereof, between the GE/MH fanbases. Not gonna be a Vita savior, though.

Sid

For some people the first thing that comes to mind for a new announcement are sales figures,i wonder why?

Europe got Burst for the "dead" PSP in a moment when nobody was releasing PSP games anymore

No reason for thinking 2 won't come (and even if it doesn't, region free FTW).

Even the dead PSP had far life in it than vita does currently though, there was at least some sort of a user base to sell to, I can't see a niche game being localized for vita next year

For some people the first thing that comes to mind for a new announcement are sales figures,i wonder why?

Because I have a PSP and gonna pick it up on that platform, so I already knew it was coming. The first one was mediocre btw, but still entertaining.

Acosta

Will be interesting to see what the sales figures prove regarding the relationship, or lack thereof, between the GE/MH fanbases. Not gonna be a Vita savior, though.

The concept of "Vita Savior" is ridicule on itself. Let that crap for Media-Create discussions.

Vita needs games. Period.

Metallix87

The concept of "Vita Savior" is ridicule on itself. Let that crap for Media-Create discussions.

Vita needs games. Period.

Vita definitely needs games, but is this what people mean when they say that? Vita needs exclusive games, not multiplatform releases also releasing on PSP.

Acosta

Even the dead PSP had far life in it than vita does currently though, there was at least some sort of a user base to sell to, I can't see a niche game being localized for vita next year

Ah, yes, I forgot, Vita is dead and buried, no point of releasing anything for it, ever.

We will see, don't we?

Acosta

Vita definitely needs games, but is this what people mean when they say that? Vita needs exclusive games, not multiplatform releases also releasing on PSP.

I don't enjoy playing armchair CEO, so I just can speak for myself.

I really liked the first one. If I can get the sequel with improved graphics and double stick, that's good news for me.

Is that what Vita needs? I have no idea, I'm just a consumer and as consumer I'm glad of this. That's all I can say.

I can't see a niche game being localized for vita next year

you mean like that moe fishing game that got announced as being localised last week?
Ragnarok Odyssey releases in the west soon too

God Eater is a bigger franchise than most of the stuff that has already been localised or is on the way in localisation.

Takao

Banned

From what I've heard (which I should state isn't anything concrete), prepare to be very wrong, haha. Dokuro, Moe Moe Fishing and a few others have made the jump already.

crinale

Back then in Japan there was a job offering from developer of God Eater saying they were looking for programmer for "a Vita game". I guess it turned out that God Eater 2 was the game they were saying.

test_account

XP-39C²
you mean like that moe fishing game that got announced as being localised last week?
Ragnarok Odyssey releases in the west soon too

God Eater is a bigger franchise than most of the stuff that has already been localised or is on the way in localisation.
Dokuro was also announced to be localized a few weeks ago. I think indeed that God Eater 2 has a good chance of being localised based on previous Vita localisations, i agree.

B.O.O.M

From what I've heard (which I should state isn't anything concrete), prepare to be very wrong, haha. Dokuro, Moe Moe Fishing and a few others have made the jump already.

Don't forget Orgarythm and Picotto Knights

Heck I think there's a good chance of being localized BECAUSE it's on the vita going by it's track record so far

Takao

Banned
Medarot 7 Gold for US Vita!

Well, the first Medarot game got a "Perfect Edition" release for Wonderswan ... It ain't happening. I'm okay with that though, since I've heard Medarot 7 uses a lot of AA so there wouldn't be anything to gain by being on Vita.

BadWolf

That sounds pretty cool

The bullet customization really floored me, there was so much you could do.

You can do pretty much anything from the basic stuff you would expect to things like having the bullets bend their trajectory, spin, adding elements, having multiple bullets fire at once while being able to customize the time of contact and property of each bullet, the list goes on and on. The list of options can be pretty overwhelming.

There were tons upon tons of combinations with kickass effects/uses. Had this really cool one that was sort of close range and spun really fast when fired, was so good at breaking boss armor.

The fact that you could go ranged at any time was such a huge plus over Mon Hun, switching between melee and ranged on the fly felt so right.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I will so get this day 1. The first God Eater wasn't bad but not having the second stick made the game even harder than MH imo, since all the bigger enemies were really fast.

Top Bottom