• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater: Resurrection |OT| "You have three orders..."

UCBooties

Think I'm on a road block, think I'm on difficulty 14 fighting the Blitz Hannibal but it's way too hard.

I used a tower shield and a stamina booster. Mostly use the shield to absorb the hits when it gets in close, get in a couple slashes when it pauses and then dash away to recover.

kotodama

Got GE2:RB in this past weekend's sale and was pleasantly surprised that the prequel was included. On Difficulty 4 right now. It's definitely that "Just One More" kind of game. All the systems are still somewhat confusing but SkyOdin's posts have really helped put context to a lot of the stuff.

Still, some of the crafting aspects like with the Abandoned God Arcs and Bullet stuff still seems all too greek to me.

Shengar

Got GE2:RB in this past weekend's sale and was pleasantly surprised that the prequel was included. On Difficulty 4 right now. It's definitely that "Just One More" kind of game. All the systems are still somewhat confusing but SkyOdin's posts have really helped put context to a lot of the stuff.

Still, some of the crafting aspects like with the Abandoned God Arcs and Bullet stuff still seems all too greek to me.

Bullet stuff is definitely greek here: essentials, but have shit tons of term to understand. I suggest you to take look at GE wikia and try to create the available custom bullet there. I tried one and it makes me understand better on how the bullet editor works with creating my own precise, blast gun sniper shot.

kotodama

Looked at a couple recipes and some of those are nuts. It's amazing how creative or perhaps game breaking you can make it.

Got to Difficulty 5 now, and I feel like I'm combo-ing and devouring the Aragami better. I still haven't installed any Abandoned Arc stuff, but I did put a whole bunch of Hold ability on one of my team and now I'm wondering if stun locking is the way to go in general.

--

Got to Diff 6 and through that first Dyaus Pita battle. Actually failed the first go around, installed some arc stuff finally, removed a bullet mod and gave it another go around and succeeded. First battle that really felt like a PITA lol. I think I'm crazy, but is it normal not to use the shield at all? I'm dodge stepping everywhere, but shields feel like a chore to use.

--

Finally had to use a Tower Shield to block an attack from a Corrosive Hannibal in Diff 10. Dyaus Pitas are still a pain and these
Ren only
missions are looking like a chore.

mstevens

So I've never played a god eater game, but I have played and platinumed Freedom Wars. How similar is this game? How soloable is it, and if not, how's the online community?

Someone mentioned this game in a game of the year thread and what I looked up seemed neat.

Caim

So I've never played a god eater game, but I have played and platinumed Freedom Wars. How similar is this game? How soloable is it, and if not, how's the online community?

Someone mentioned this game in a game of the year thread and what I looked up seemed neat.

They are pretty similar, it's been awhile since I've played FW but I think GE has more customization. It is also very soloable even without the AI.

Some of the story missions require you to have certain characters on your team though. I haven't tried the challenge missions yet so I can't say much about it.

I think due to GE2RB being out that this game is pretty dead as far as online goes, but maybe I'm just looking for rooms at the wrong time.

Ascheroth

It's totally playable in single player.
For multiplayer it's probably best to find some friends to play with. I've honestly never used the in-game lobbies to search for a group because of how quick and easy it is to set up a room and invite friends.
Also once a group has started, new players can't join on the fly, so that's another point that might make it difficult to find a random lobby, since sessions can get rather lengthy from my experience : )

kotodama

Thanks for the responses. Should I just get GE2RB then, if that is more recent?

Just a couple hours into GE2RB and I'm glad I went with Resurrection first. Mainly because of some of the call backs to the first one. Also now I feel overpowered like crazy on these first difficulty missions because I kind of know how the game operates. Definitely liking some of the quality of life upgrades in GE2RB, but missing all the voice overs and original crew. Still, I think some people have mentioned that you can get burned out quickly doing them back to back, so keep that in mind.

Alucrid

Banned
two questions. is there a list of those combined skill types anywhere? want to see what yellow ones can be made. also, for 2, does transferring your save make it too easy?

thundr51

Ok so I checked the wiki but I really can't find the info anywhere. Does anyone know what the attributes on the weapon screen means ? I understand the slash/pierce/crush damage stuff, but what does B F SP D mean?

Also is there anyway to tell if a skill is activated? I STILL don't understand the skill leveling stuff at all. Does the name of the skill turn red if it's activated, how do I know what the total level of the weapon is? Could some give me some example or explain this stuff? Overall still enjoying myself, but I feel like I could be getting some better grades If I could make use of the systems a bit more.

Shengar

Ok so I checked the wiki but I really can't find the info anywhere. Does anyone know what the attributes on the weapon screen means ? I understand the slash/pierce/crush damage stuff, but what does B F SP D mean?

Also is there anyway to tell if a skill is activated? I STILL don't understand the skill leveling stuff at all. Does the name of the skill turn red if it's activated, how do I know what the total level of the weapon is? Could some give me some example or explain this stuff? Overall still enjoying myself, but I feel like I could be getting some better grades If I could make use of the systems a bit more.

That's the element. B=Blaze, F=Freeze, Sp=Spark, D=Divine

As for skill, it's always activated unless said otherwise. Levels on skill that doesn't have "Starting from level 10" is an indicator of its strength. DEF skill for example, increase your defense by 2% per level, which mean if you have a Level 10 DEF skill, your defense is increased by 20%. Skills turn reds mean that those skills have level beyond 10, as if you select it you'll know how much levels you have on that skill.

Ephidel

Skills turn reds mean that those skills have level beyond 10, as if you select it you'll know how much levels you have on that skill.
More importantly though, skills past 10 don't count, so if a skill flags up as red that means you've doubled up somewhere and aren't actually gaining any further benefit at that point.
It lets you know that maybe you could afford to switch your gear or control units out for something else without losing out.

Shengar

More importantly though, skills past 10 don't count, so if a skill flags up as red that means you've doubled up somewhere and aren't actually gaining any further benefit at that point.
It lets you know that maybe you could afford to switch your gear or control units out for something else without losing out.

I don't know you can't gain benefit from skill past 10. That's new to me.

thundr51

That's the element. B=Blaze, F=Freeze, Sp=Spark, D=Divine

As for skill, it's always activated unless said otherwise. Levels on skill that doesn't have "Starting from level 10" is an indicator of its strength. DEF skill for example, increase your defense by 2% per level, which mean if you have a Level 10 DEF skill, your defense is increased by 20%. Skills turn reds mean that those skills have level beyond 10, as if you select it you'll know how much levels you have on that skill.

Thanks

mstevens

So I just got to the point where I'm discovering abandoned god arcs. What are some of the better skills that I should be trying to put on my gun? (Trying to go for a sniper build)

Shengar

So I just got to the point where I'm discovering abandoned god arcs. What are some of the better skills that I should be trying to put on my gun? (Trying to go for a sniper build)

Something that increase your gun and bullet module damage. Though it's also good to have other utility like Oracle absorption and the such.

Mozendo

Picked this up during the Steam sale because I love Toukiden, Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, and Freedom Wars.
Started the game played a few missions, I enjoyed it but man I feel like the game might be "too deep" for me after while. So many weapons that do different damage types which I have no idea what they do, items, and the bullet types too.

Are there any guides that will help be a better player? While I do like that it's faster paced the monster hunter I still feel as overwhelmed

Shengar

Picked this up during the Steam sale because I love Toukiden, Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, and Freedom Wars.
Started the game played a few missions, I enjoyed it but man I feel like the game might be "too deep" for me after while. So many weapons that do different damage types which I have no idea what they do, items, and the bullet types too.

Are there any guides that will help be a better player? While I do like that it's faster paced the monster hunter I still feel as overwhelmed

For Resurrection, just stick to the three original weapon when it comes: short, long, and buster since it was originally designed that way. While there are three type of damages, there will be a guaranteed hit spot that will not resist wholly on your weapon main damage type, especially unbounded parts. Meanwhile elemental damage is more straightforward and much more determining your (melee) weapon effectiveness against the monster.

(There are exception though, that is the Quadrigga and its family. It's much better to use hammer against it since it melted to crush attack. You can use different weapon that deal different damage type but they will become effective once Quadrigga body part unbounded.)

As for bullets, their different types have to do on what those bullets do. Some bullets act like a normal bullet shot while others is a close range mortar. Since you're guaranteed to have all element on a ranged weapon, you don't have to worry about it.

kotodama

They've put up DLC with Alternate Costumes for NPCs.
Here's the link for the US PSN for Vita - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...smcid=pdc:shop-now:games:ps-playstation-store, and for PS4 - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...smcid=pdc:shop-now:games:ps-playstation-store

So now the ability to change clothes isn't entirely useless for all but three characters! :)

Cool, I wonder if this was the update Steam got for the God Eater Bundle today. I noticed Gina, Tatsumi, and Brendan Alternatives became selectable all of a sudden in GE2RB.

Doombear

They've put up DLC with Alternate Costumes for NPCs.
Here's the link for the US PSN for Vita - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...smcid=pdc:shop-now:games:ps-playstation-store, and for PS4 - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...smcid=pdc:shop-now:games:ps-playstation-store

So now the ability to change clothes isn't entirely useless for all but three characters! :)

Hmm, I'm not able to apply any of these costumes. I don't even see them anywhere honestly. Downloaded and installed on Vita, but they don't show up in the Personal Abilities menu, just Standard Clothing. Anyone have any luck? Found it. Lol... or you and three Alisa's...

EDIT: Oh wow, so these are not really new costumes per se... but rather entirely new NPCs. In the sense that the Soma (Alt) outfit has entirely independent skills and AP gain than the normal Soma. They are just farther down the list on the Personal Abilities screen. So you will need to level them independently and could have two Soma's, for example, fighting with you at the same time.

Ephidel

Oh, so they work like Alt Feddie and Annie? I guess I need to walk back my previous comment then. That's a shame, I'd assumed they'd actually be costume choices :(
I already sunk a lot of time into getting skills for the existing characters, I'm not sure if I cba to run even more characters through the AP grinder any time soon. I expect I'll do it eventually for completions sake though :|

mstevens

So should I be making a melee weapon and gun for every damage type? (Doing long sword and gun)

I'm trying to do head direct hit bullets with sniper. Should I make a blaze gun for when I use blaze hdh bullets, frost for frost, etc?

I really want to get the skills that lower OP usage per shot.. Is it just luck until it drops as an abandoned God arc?

I'm at the end of difficulty 4. The two most annoying aragami so far are the Chi You (I can't seem to get in any hits that do more than 20 damage) and when I shoot off my hdh sometimes the bullets only do 20 per which is such a waste.

The big tank guys are annoying too. I just jump up in down in front of them and wack them until they chain blast me with AoE.

kotodama

Personally, I eventually made loadouts for every element with a generic one that had Stun debuffing. It was a bit grindy to do that. I had short swords and guns/bullets for each element. This method worked all the way till the final boss. For the sequel, so far I've gone the polar opposite route and have a non-elemental short sword and gun, then just swap out the bullets as needed.

Bullets at Difficulty 8 with the Sequel are still black magic to me, and I've just gone with generic elemental Bomb bullets. Functionally it seems to work for me, modifying them seems to produce negligible results. That being said, the Wiki sample bullets are crazy good, but I can't fathom how they came up with those. Anyways, the generic Bomb Bullets from Assault Guns seem to be pretty good for breaking Chi You bonds and the Side Armor of Tanks without much precise aiming.

If the RNG Abandoned God Arc Gods aren't smiling on you, there is always the Upgrade Slots and I think there are Trigger Happy and Frugal units that you can craft for similar results, though you may have to go up a couple more difficulty levels to unlock 'em.

Shengar

I'm at the end of difficulty 4. The two most annoying aragami so far are the Chi You (I can't seem to get in any hits that do more than 20 damage) and when I shoot off my hdh sometimes the bullets only do 20 per which is such a waste.

The big tank guys are annoying too. I just jump up in down in front of them and wack them until they chain blast me with AoE.

That's probably because you Chi You's lower body, which have high damage resistance until unbounded. Used short sword with high piercing value to quickly unbound it as Chi You's lower body is weak to piercing. Once unbounded, you damage value could easily reach hundreds. Alternatively, you could try to only attack its wing which will gave you decent damage or even better, wingarm that is a weakspot of Chi You.

As for quadriga, remember to use your shield. Their attack is slow enough for you to put up a shield even in the middle of attack motion (unless you used big attack or tower shield or both). Using boost hammer also will done that guy real quick as crash damage literally melt them even when their front armor is not unbounded yet.

caliph95

Asking question for Australian/European user. If i buy this game on the psn since i can't find digital will it allow to separate the games so it wouldn't eat up my memory. As giving me the option to only download 2 but leave ressurection. Cause as of right now 13 gbs for download is too much.

Hello, I just reached difficulty 6 and I just can't figure how god arcs fusion works. Every time I fuse things together I get something worst and lose my +1s. How can I reach +30? Am I doing something wrong? or is it just random?

Ascheroth

Hello, I just reached difficulty 6 and I just can't figure how god arcs fusion works. Every time I fuse things together I get something worst and lose my +1s. How can I reach +30? Am I doing something wrong? or is it just random?

If you mean fusing the abandoned God Arcs, then I don't think you can get more than +1. Fusing them together just means creating a new one with different skills. The more you fuse together, the higher the chance of getting more and higher level skills. +1 god arcs are more valuable and increase the chances more than normal ones.

But if you want to level your equipment you just have to fuse +1 God Arcs into it over and over. You can actually choose to not learn the skills if all your slots are filled with better stuff and only take the +1.

If you mean fusing the abandoned God Arcs, then I don't think you can get more than +1. Fusing them together just means creating a new one with different skills. The more you fuse together, the higher the chance of getting more and higher level skills. +1 god arcs are more valuable and increase the chances more than normal ones.

But if you want to level your equipment you just have to fuse +1 God Arcs into it over and over. You can actually choose to not learn the skills if all your slots are filled with better stuff and only take the +1.

that second part is really good to know! Thanks!

maouvin

Is there a reliable guide on materials anywhere? The Wikia doesn't seem accurate.

In english? Found nothing. The wiki brings info only for Burst, so new gear/mats/recipes from Resurrection aren't there. Maybe there's a lost google spreadsheet somewhere on the internetz though, who knows.

I've been using these two jp wikis https://www27.atwiki.jp/geresurrection/ https://www62.atwiki.jp/ge2rb/
Gear and aragami names are manageable to find with google translate.

For mats it's better to find the weapon you want to upgrade, copy the JP name of the mat (they're listed on the same order as the game afaik) and check on the aragami pages which one, on which rank, drops it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Bought God Eater 2 Rage Burst the other day at a Buy 2 Get 1 free sale...didn't even realize it came with this game till just now.

So as a God Eater virgin (my exposure to the series is limited to their cameos in Project X Zone), should I give this game a quick shot for the story before moving on to 2? About how long will it take to get the general gist setting up the sequel without going too in-depth with side quests, since I'll probably focus more on that with 2.

Ogawa-san

There are 3 "story arcs" across 13 chapters, took me 40h-ish to go through them without doing too many optional missions.

I'd say it's worth playing. Even though GE2 is much better, it's nice to go into it knowing the story and characters.

Watch Da Birdie

You know I just realized the download code was already used since it was a used copy of Burst Rage 2...oh well, still wanted to check out Resurrection so downloaded it anyway. Kind of pissed as the new copy of Burst Rage 2 they had was marked down and would've equaled out basically, but the used copies only qualified for the Buy 2, Get 1 deal.

Gonna try this out Monday, won't have any time to play after it finishes installing tonight and I've gotta work all weekend. Any good advice for a God Eater beginner?

I'm ashamed to say that I don't know what the hell are the "upgrade part" A&B in the loadout screen. I'm rank 14 now but I just started to notice now...
How does this work? I can't seem to find it how to put something in here.

Ephidel

I'm ashamed to say that I don't know what the hell are the "upgrade part" A&B in the loadout screen. I'm rank 14 now but I just started to notice now...
How does this work? I can't seem to find it how to put something in here.
They're basically slots to equip a couple of extra skills in.
You craft them under Craft -> Craft Equipment -> Upgrades.
rmHqOji.jpg
Then you pick a skills you don't have on other equipment that you think will be useful like (random example) Devour HP Absorb and if you have the required aragami materials you can make it the same way you would a weapon.
Then on the Loadout just click on one of the upgrade slots to equip it.

They're basically slots to equip a couple of extra skills in.
You craft them under Craft -> Craft Equipment -> Upgrades.

Then you pick a skills you don't have on other equipment that you think will be useful like (random example) Devour HP Absorb and if you have the required aragami materials you can make it the same way you would a weapon.

Then on the Loadout just click on one of the upgrade slots to equip it.

Wow thanks!
I didn't come into the craft equipment since rank 5/6 haha

Btw, I have an other question (hopefully less stupid): I'd like to get some Platinum A ticket and/or Ice wyrm fang. I've spotted a nice mission to do it (Rank 9: Unidentified) but can I get the "break X bonds" rewards (platinum tickets for example) if I activate the bonus "Ignore break bonds for rank" at the end of the mission?
The mission is done so quickly that I don't have time to break that bastard's face :/

Ephidel

You mean the "Ignore Bond" set of personal abilities? Yes, if you use that you have a chance to get the bond break rewards even if you haven't broken the bonds.
I'd imagine you're more likely to end up cashing the tickets in for Fangs though, the Fang drop chance is pretty lousy.

Watch Da Birdie

I got an email from the Shopkeeper mentioning to buy Herbs to upgrade my healing items, but I can't find a place to create/update regular items, just gear and such...

Anyway, on Difficulty 3 and really getting into this game. As someone who liked Monster Hunter, but found it a bit too demanding, this is right up my alley. Kind of reminds me of a Musou game almost.

Caim

I got an email from the Shopkeeper mentioning to buy Herbs to upgrade my healing items, but I can't find a place to create/update regular items, just gear and such...

Anyway, on Difficulty 3 and really getting into this game. As someone who liked Monster Hunter, but found it a bit too demanding, this is right up my alley. Kind of reminds me of a Musou game almost.

It's been a long time since I played, but I think in the storage section you should be able to create items and I think you can make improves consumables like ones that raise your attack and defense but for a longer duration.

Top Bottom