• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater: Resurrection |OT| "You have three orders..."

ChrisDM

Pretty nice entry on the US side (surprisingly enough, seeing how the EU is pushing this game a lot more). Also added to the OP:

PlayStation Blog - A Starter Guide to God Eater Resurrection

Thank you for the awesome OT! :D I'm so happy to see a bunch of other people excited for this finally coming here. I've been watching people stream the Japanese release on Playstation streams for what feels like forever now and would always feel like it was never going to be localized. Now, here we are with tomorrow being the day!

Now the question is Steam or PS4. I assume there will be a community on both, but I'd love to play with fellow GAFers.

EDIT: To be honest, I'm super tempted to double dip. Been waiting for this moment for so long!

Parsnip

Wait, it's coming out already?
Oh wait, the PC version won't come out until later in August, am I reading this right?

Boo.

ChrisDM

Wait, it's coming out already?
Oh wait, the PC version won't come out until later in August, am I reading this right?

Boo.

God Eater: Resurrection does come out tomorrow on PS4/Vita & PC. You can preorder God Eater 2: Rage Burst, the August one, allegedly either tonight or tomorrow on PSN and Steam and you receive Resurrection for free right now (at least my understanding)!

Is that promo still going on where if you buy one of the games, you get the other one for free? Also I don't see the resurrection page on Steam. Just GE2.

Uiki

God Eater: Resurrection does come out tomorrow on PS4/Vita & PC. You can preorder God Eater 2: Rage Burst, the August one, allegedly either tonight or tomorrow on PSN and Steam and you receive Resurrection for free right now (at least my understanding)!

I linked a tweet a couple of posts ago.

Digital preorders are going up 20th july.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
What platform are people going to grab this on? I'll be playing online so I'd like to join the larger community if possible.

ChrisDM

What platform are people going to grab this on? I'll be playing online so I'd like to join the larger community if possible.

I feel the exact same but not sure where the community is going to go. I would imagine it'd be bigger on PS4/Vita since that seems to be the case a lot? Not sure with this one though.

Mediking

What the hell? Sneak release??? I'm in the US... and somebody give me a link from Amazon so I buy the best deal for this????

Pejo

Gold Member
Oh shit, I had no idea this was coming out now. Will pick up day 1 on PC. Playing Toukiden Kiwami was a great lead-in to HD hunting on the big screen (PC port issues aside), and I heard God Eater is even better.

What the hell? Sneak release??? I'm in the US... and somebody give me a link from Amazon so I buy the best deal for this????

Not a sneak release, game is Digital only and a pre-order incentive for GE2:RB in the US, for the PS4. Vita is a standalone release (no such thing as a Vita pre-order on the PSN Store)

For the EU folks, the game will only be available when GE2RB launches, but it is included for free on all platforms, including Vita.

Are these good games? I'm not familiar with GE games? They review well? The genre is something I like

They are pretty good if you are into the hunting genre, yes.

Is it just me or I can't pre-order GE2 on the US PSN even though GE:R is out tomorrow. Anyone else having the same problem? If not can someone link me to the game's page on the US PSN store?

-Digits-

I preordered the physical Vita version and I think I'll get the PS4 version digital so I can start playing tomorrow. I just hope cross save will work between different regions, but I think it will. It's worked for other games before.
I'm pretty excited for this, I've been waiting for these games forever.

I'm confused. I want to preorder GE2 so I. Can get this one for free, but there's no link to it on PSN store?

To answer your question:

Pre-order goes live tmrw. Once you pre-order you get the game for free to download and play.

Hopefully this tweet will make some of my NA brothers and sisters relax a bit. I know I'm much more relaxed now hahah. However, shouts out to names2hard4you for being awesome and confirming stuff as well! :D

https://twitter.com/DKhlynin/status/747475827713970176

I want to know this as well

Game is much more fast paced. You have companion AI to fill in the 3 gaps from multiplayer. Helps that the series is well known for its stellar companion AI, seriously some of the best stuff right here in terms of them knowing when to heal, revive and most importantly, stay alive while dealing as much damage as possible. Game is quite deep when it comes to customization, in the form of bullets. Your weapon transforms between two forms, the second one being a projectile weapon (assault, sniper, cannon). Bullet customization, as shown in the video on the OP can be quite crazy. There is loot in the form of monster parts to build more equipment, just like MH. there is also visual customization in the form of clothes and accessories. Lastly the game has a story of its own with characters that have their own motivations.

Hopefully this helps. I'm kind of in a rush and on my way back to work. Feel free to browse the video links on the OP to get a feel for the game.

So... preordering from Amazon means.... a free PS4 God Eater game????

On the 30th of August yes. If you want to play it tomorrow you have to go digital.

So from those who played the original, what's good about it? I'm waiting for reviews and gameplay shots before I decide on it

Woof, read a few of my posts in here, specially the one prior to yours. I put up some gameplay on the first post as well.

I think I'm gonna grab GE2 and get resurrection for free.

Are we gonna have player list for people who are interested in playing co-op with gaffers?

Quote first post to see the list at the bottom!

Shoeless

This had fallen off my radar, but I'm glad someone is keeping tabs on it. I played around a little with God Eater on the Vita, but my preference is always on my couch in front of my TV if I can swing it, so this is great for me.

I'm all digital this generation if I can help it, so I'll probably bite on the PSN pre-order once it goes up.

Top Bottom