• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War E3 2016 is the most viewed game trailer on PS YouTube,surpassing FFVII

Imagine. A God of War game making you cry, because you get attached to Kratos son. Just think about what he has done, and yet that gameplay demo touched my heart.
I like that Kratos is at the point where he can at least try to be different now. He doesn't have to yell and scream and fuss at everything. It got draining in the older games.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
That God of War E3 trailer has so many views because it was one of the best game reveals of all time.
Speaking as someone fatigued on the direction of the franchise after GOWIII, they couldn't have nailed that reveal any harder.

The God

I'm still quite concerned for how the overall gameplay is going to pan out. GOW had rather nice variety in its mechanics and level design. This third person over the shoulder camera presumably kills jumping as a game mechanic (and if they do have it, it's inevitable to be pain with that camera angle) and that's really going to hurt the game's variety I'd say. In fact, I would say that the throwing axe mechanic was created as a means for Kratos to fight flying enemies and other higher up targets since he can no longer jump.

Yeah I'm still not sure how to feel about the combat changes. Looks kinda TLOU-ish melee wise. No more hit counter either. Feels like it might end up being a step down depth-wise. I hope I'm wrong.

Sequiel

Banned
You can always focus on one thing that could be improved technically in a game, the water only looks "bad" because the rest look so good. As an overall package Horizon is without a doubt one of the best looking games.

hUZEmlU.png

Yeah I'm still not sure how to feel about the combat changes. Looks kinda TLOU-ish melee wise. No more hit counter either. Feels like it might end up being a step down depth-wise. I hope I'm wrong.

Someone tweeted Cory last year expressing concern that the combat may end up slow and clunky without the blades and asked if the combat would still be fast paced, and Cory assured him that'll be the case.

I hope they don't tone down the puzzles as well, despite being the most "casual" character action franchise, it always had relatively complex puzzles (at least compared to the brain dead puzzles in the genre).

I think the only route they can take where the gameplay doesn't regress is if they make the combat like Souls, but more fast paced with a deeper magic system. And forced walking sections need to be skippable. Not sure if they'll pull that off, but I'll wait for E3.

This is my hope as well. What sets GOW apart from other character action games, to me, is the incredible level design and pacing. The puzzles have always been a big part of that, and I hope they stay. I always enjoyed the platforming aspects as well, but I'm afraid Kratos will not be nearly as nimble this time around, and that aspect will suffer a bit.

I come in here and the first post I see is comparing God of War sales to 3D Mario....

This is NeoGAF.

Corpsepyre

Banned
This is my hope as well. What sets GOW apart from other character action games, to me, is the incredible level design and pacing. The puzzles have always been a big part of that, and I hope they stay. I always enjoyed the platforming aspects as well, but I'm afraid Kratos will not be nearly as nimble this time around, and that aspect will suffer a bit.

This is NeoGAF.

It was confirmed the puzzles are in the game along with some seriously epic boss fights.

Wow, is that all?

Mario Odyssey crossed 20 million in a much shorter time frame. That game is gonna be bigger than I thought.

MO is the most watched GameTrailer on the Nintendo Channel and afaik generally among Nintendos Trailers
no other gametrailer from Nintendo has nearly as much views

so youre wow is that all sounds a bit ridicolous

Top Bottom