• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War is Herman Hulst's most anticipated 2021 game (It's still happenin boys)

GymWolf

Gold Member
Tbf Horizon was boring af. Honestly don't get the praise for it.
It was my gotg

643aabcbdbbd2eee97e69dce0fb54d11.gif

GymWolf

Gold Member
Witcher 3 was mine. Bloodborne was my exclusive of the generation.

I played Horizon well into level 40 iirc. I wore myself out midway through the frozen wilds. Even lowered the difficulty just so I can speed through it but it became chore to play.
The opposite for me, playing at ultra hard was some of the best combat experience of the last gen.

playing ad lower difficulty doens't make the combat justice, like every other game in existence with good combat.

Last edited:

Concern

The opposite for me, playing at ultra hard was some of the best combat experience of the last gen.

playing ad lower difficulty doens't make the combat justice, like every other game in existence with good combat.

I usually play every game on the hardest difficulty but the enemies were basically sponges for damage even attacking weak points. And I was actually interested in the story but the game itself put me off.

Thirty7ven

Banned
I agree with the whole “at the end of God of War I didn’t want it to end”, I was sad it was over. Which is rare.

Last edited:
No way it's happening this year. Which is good as it will give me time to re-play the last one on PS5 in 60FPS. I was in a bad state of mind the first time I played it and rushed thought it. I need to slow down and appreciate it.

Javthusiast

Banned
Horizon coming in 2021 is a no brainer. Even with the limited available ps5s it is still a cross gen game, so they have the ps4 install base to make money.

But if GoW 2 is ps5 only, then it makes no sense releasing it in 2021 to limited customers. If cross gen though...

Though still it will 100% get pushed.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I think there’s going to be a god of war it ranks as one of Sony’s best franchises.

Cool to see a lot of anticipation for Deathloop. I don't get the seemingly lukewarm reception for that game here, especially as Dishonored has been well recieved.
I love Arkane and am hyped for Deathloop, but maybe the reception seems so lukewarm because it feels out of place on ps5? Personal opinion ofc , but watching all the footage of the game , I cant see a single reason it's a ps5 exclusive. It seems like one of (if not THE) most forced next gen exclusive. It could easily run on ps4. Feel that's had an impact on the reception could obv be wrong though.

Top Bottom