• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOD OF WAR RAGNAROK launches on November 9

Swift_Star

Banned
Many people, presumably. Including you
high quality GIF

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
This is in the end an eleven month delay. If an MS big IP had such a long delay then the Sony ponies would be trying to make it out as some problem with the entire company/leadership lmao
Its almost like there was added context to both situations and yet that is being left out:

Ragnarok delay was eventually revealed to be in part due to the devs waiting for Christopher Judge to recover from surgery.

Halo Infinite was delayed because....?

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Can anyone remember what media we saw before gow2018 release?

Do u think we will just get the one gameplay video before Ragnaroks release?

begotten

Can anyone remember what media we saw before gow2018 release?

Do u think we will just get the one gameplay video before Ragnaroks release?

Outside of CG we got a game-play sequence with the original reveal and then an in-game cinematic mashup. The Ragnarok one so far is kind of a mix.

Personally I don't want to see any more of the game.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Outside of CG we got a game-play sequence with the original reveal and then an in-game cinematic mashup. The Ragnarok one so far is kind of a mix.

Personally I don't want to see any more of the game.
I just want to find out of anything changed or if it shares the same design as GOW2018.

If there has been improvements I will get it close to launch.

saintjules

It's funny that these same people would be the same ones saying "this is a 2021 game that got delayed to 2023 omg" if that had happened...and NOW they are salty because it's coming out this year after all.

The entire marketing campaign for God of War Ragnarok has been exhausting and not even because of the game itself. Ever since Starfield and Zelda were delayed everything changed. It's incredible.

That person doesn't care about crunch, lmao. As if Bethesda isn't crunching or all major developers right now...where's the tweet about that? Why God of War specifically? WE already knew the game was a 2022 release...why would she "feel like" this release date is unreasonable? Seriously...the hot takes. Glad Cory said something.

edit: I KNEW IT, lmao...she's pressed. This is what she was saying last year:

"Starfield is great..." bla bla bla, "Xbox is going to have a hell of a 2022 and they are absolutely going to smock Sony until Sony gets their act together right now and playstation is kind of a dead man walking"

Imagine being a professional gaming journalist and be so dead wrong about so many things. How could she not predict Gran Turismo 7, Forbidden West, God of War Ragnarok for this year at least?
No wonder she's pissed.

How the tides have turned...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Please have this as the boxart for one of the editions. Why do companies always go for the blander option? They did this with GOW2018 too, where the really good boxart was only for the day one edition :

6yquel5ks7k01.jpg
They do it to get you to buy it... day one.

Topher

Gold Member
Mate he said holiday is looking stacked, you can't stack one game can you? I asked a genuine question what other games are making this a stacked year? Maybe he's going to buy 10 copies of Ragnarok and that's why it's stacked 🤔

Well....

Obviously GoW:R is the big one he is excited about but there are plenty of games coming out this year.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
While posting every game due this year is not what he said, there are a few games coming this holiday season but I'd hardly call it stacked, we've certainly had more in previous years.
If you’re only counting AAA, sure, but gaming is way beyond that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom