• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War: Raising Kratos - Announce Trailer (Documetary)

nowhat

Cory already said the new God of War is a new series
And in the Q&A section of his GDC talk he started out by saying he will answer no questions on what he's working on or whether there'll be a sequel, followed by a very intentional and visible wink to the audience. I think it's 99.9% certain there will be a sequel.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This thing sold like fire, there will be a sequel, especially with the epilogue scene with Thor and Freya's seething vengeance.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
And in the Q&A section of his GDC talk he started out by saying he will answer no questions on what he's working on or whether there'll be a sequel, followed by a very intentional and visible wink to the audience. I think it's 99.9% certain there will be a sequel.
No doubt. I mean.....
Thor didn’t appear for nothing at the end

Fake

I really wish both Kratos and Atreus in the desert area like the first leak. Egypt with Egypt gods, don't know why, maybe one revenge curse. Who knows.

EDMIX

PS5 game for sure.

I don't know about all that.

Consider, for perspective. God Of War releases March 2005 / PS2 releases Nov 2006 / God Of War 2 releases March 2007....on PS3 or?

So clearly this isn't really a "for sure" thing. I'd argue one might think the first God Of War sequel would be on PS3 considering how big of a hit the first game was on PS2, but sometimes things don't always pan out that way and Sony is still clearly looking to move massive units. So it wouldn't shock me if God Of War 2 (or what ever they call it) releases on PS4.

Could it be for PS5? Could happen, but until they say so, I don't really think this is a for sure thing. Sony is known for allowing their teams to hang back and release content on past systems while new ones release.

Top Bottom