• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godfall requires an internet connection (PS+ not required for solo play - see OP)

I'm rather surprised people are making a fuss about this. I honestly cannot recall the last time I've played a console game without it being connected to the internet (except for the Nintendo Switch) and to be honest I've long gave up on the collectible longevity aspect of games due to day 1 patches, the bazillion different editions of the same games being released on 10 different platforms, etc. Games nowadays are created to be consumed until we move on to the next thing. That's very unfortunate, especially for an old collector like me, but I'm over it now. So I'll play Godfall until I do not want anymore, I'll sell my physical copy to someone else and if I intend to replay it one then I'll buy the ultimate edition ++ they've come with at that point :D

My 2 cents anyway.

Njocky

Banned
Lets buy a game that might be dead in a year (examples: Anthem, Crucible from Amazon) so it will become useless cause it requires authetification in order to play at all. And all of that for what? so they can have a DRM that cant be cracked. Lets be real here, this aint about not letting ppl cheat in offline then coming online and having an advantage over other players or something. You could just restrict the modes, if you choose offline, you can only do offline for that char, simple and its been done before.

This is about DRM. Good thing I never cared about this generic looking game, looks so fake, I dunno how to explain it, the world looks to be there just to be there, looking all corridor-ish, and the artstyle I dont dig it at all, looks so fantasy-techno-babble over the top.

I'm with you on the fake, artificial flavour. It seems to have been stitched together to cash in on a console launch opportunity. Unfortunately there's nothing else to play on launch day. I'm reduced to that and MM. Multiplats will be best on XSX. Demons souls is way too hard a game for the sake of being hard, I don't care if it looks better than on ps3.
So I've resigned myself to getting this game so I don't only have MM on PS5. Thank god I preordered the disc edition. I'll make sure to trade this in as soon as I'm bored which I suspect will be very quickly and get NBA2k21 just for the dualsense features. May be I'll be pleasantly surprised by Godfall, fingers crossed. Great launch lineup indeed. If it wasn't for the threat of the lockdown depression I'd probably just skip those consoles for a year.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Meh. This is a game that I'll wait for in the bargain bin. The gameplay loop looks boring as hell. Hack and slash with little innovation or inspiring gameplay IMO.

Fancy graphics a good game does not make.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Ive been watching videos of this game and it doesnt look great. Just as Halo Infinite showed. Static backgorunds are just not cutting it nowdays. In the godfall forest areas none of the grass or bushes react to the characters. grass, busshes, trees nothing is animated or interacts with characters.

Top Bottom