• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godzilla Unleashed (Wii) revealed - screenshots, info, etc

Snaku

Banned
http://www.godzillaondvd.com/events.html

COMIC CON, NY 02.23-02.25.07
Come visit us at BOOTH #765 at NY Comic Con! We will have daily raffles and a playable demo of the new Godzilla video game EXCLUSIVELY at our booth. Swing by our information on the latest Godzilla DVD releases too!

http://tohokingdom.com/vg/godzilla_unleashed.htm

The game was first mentioned by the magazine EGM last year, in May of 2006, in their coverage leading up to that year's E3. The title was announced, although informally, as one for the Nintendo Wii by Atari. Months went by as not a word on the game surfaced, yet Classic Media has broken the silence as the title appears posed to be on display at the Second Annual New York Comic Con. The title, called Godzilla Unleashed, will be playable at the event in February of 2007, which could possibly be the first unveiling of the title unless Atari decides to make a more formal announcement before then.

Will be interesting to see if Atari makes up for the shortcomings of Save the Earth. Hopefully they formally unveil the game online before the con.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Godzilla: DAMM was awesome, Save the Earth was pretty good too. I'd like to see how the remote would be implemented. Could be a fun multiplayer game.

farnham

Banned
Ynos Yrros said:
I thought Godzilla plays main character in Lair..... or maybe that's her brother.

no no.. thats not godzilla

thats mothra

mothra.jpg

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Coin Return said:
Godzilla: DAMM was awesome, Save the Earth was pretty good too. I'd like to see how the remote would be implemented. Could be a fun multiplayer game.

DAAAAYUM, 'ZILLA, WHY YOU ALL UP IN MAH GRILL?

thefro

A Disaster: Day of Crisis/King Kong type game could be really awesome with this license, but I guess they'll just keep pumping out fighters.

Duderz

Banned
The game will be played with the nunchuk style. The remote handles attacks, and the nunchuk handles movement, jumping, and so forth. Because of the new controller, monsters can now execute any or all of their primary actions independently - which means that you can charge while jumping in the air - fire your weapon during attacks, and move freely at all times. This totally turns the "canned" animation system of past fighting games on its head. Godzilla can be walking in one direction, attacking with his claws in another, firing his weapon in a third direction, and swinging his tail at a rear target all at the same time. We're just focused on putting the maximum amount of control into the player's hands at all times. Even beyond the controls, we're structuring the story and the fighting mechanics to keep players engaged from start to finish.

This new Godzilla game has been built from the ground up for the Wii - and as such takes maximum advantage of the controls, graphical power, audio capabilities, and mindset of the console. We're not building upon what we've done before so much as crafting an entirely new Wii-centric experience.

Wow, sounds like it could be pretty fun.

Muppet345

Graphics look clean with lots of neat effects. Controls sound awesome. I rarely defend Wii graphics, but they do look pretty nice.

IGN Wii: Will the Wii version of the title run in progressive-scan and 16:9 widescreen modes?

Mark and Simon: Yes we will have 480p as well as 16:9 support for the game.

Wow, they're putting actual effort into this, huh?

Online please, please, for all that is good and decent.

and give Pipeworks a decent budget for once. Oh, and include a surrogate Gamera character and get some more of the oddball monsters in there (Ebirah, Hedorah, Biollante).

and get some mini-games where you play as the puny humans, that would be cool.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters was a pleasant surprise on the Gamecube, I shall definitely have to keep an eye on this one (and subsequently ignore the final scores on the game and just try it for myself instead.)

Seeing those pics have awakened the dormant Godzilla fanboy within me... (I think it went into hiding after the 1998 'movie').

Sigh... will keep an eye on this.

Stitch

Gold Member
Pureauthor said:
Seeing those pics have awakened the dormant Godzilla fanboy within me... (I think it went into hiding after the 1998 'movie').

Sigh... will keep an eye on this.

emmerichs godzilla wasnt that bad. i think final wars is much, much worse...
its like a really bad power rangers episode with too much bullet time and monsterfights which are way to short. it was also a very boring...

kitamura really ruined the ending (haha, yeah right) of the (movie)series

edit: oh yeah, the soundtrack also sucked.

Emotions

Godzilla destroy all monsters melee was an awesome game on the cube, i will be getting this for sure, if it's just as good or better.

VerTiGo

Banned
AWESOME. I loved Destroy All Monsters Melee for the GameCube. I didn't enjoy Save the Earth as much however.

The Godzilla and Nintendo fanboy inside of me is very pleased right now.

Shouldn't the crystals on her back, and beam going out of her mouth be green? Come on devs, it's Godzilla, not some cheap dragon.

Odinson

IGN Wii: Sounds great. Any plans for WiiConnect24 downloadable content?

Mark and Simon: We are currently planning on supporting WiiConnect24, although the details are still under wraps. Sorry about that.
At least they're going to be using WC24. I hope it's online!

Ynos Yrros said:
Shouldn't the crystals on her back, and beam going out of her mouth be green? Come on devs, it's Godzilla, not some cheap dragon.

Depends on the version of Godzilla. Some iterations breathed red too.

GODDAMNIT another game I have to buy on wii this year!

The controls sound awesome, I just read the IGN interview. The game also boasts some pretty good visuals, and is being built from the ground up on wii.

Colour me hyped.

This is pretty exciting if you think about it. Exclusive third-party game developed from the ground-up on wii....this is exactly what the system needs and Nintendo needs to be successful.

I liked what he said in the interview about free-motion control. Could really open up the door on fighters in nex-gen....breaking away from button mashing nonsense.

VerTiGo

Banned
We need videos of this game ASAP. Save the Earth was online too so with WiiConnect24 features confirmed I think it's safe to say that Unleashed will be online too. Funny, for some this may not be a system seller but to me it's definitely a must buy. I can't put into words how much I loved DAMM.

Uh, what? Graphics dont look too hot :-/
owRes-textures all the way.

But besides that, i like Godzilla and the controlls sound fun.

MasterMFauli said:

I don't think we can say much about it from stills. Animation is a huge factor these days. If the developers can pull off what they say they are pulling off with the destructable environments, this guy could be quite a show-piece.

'Final Wars' Gigan is looking cool. I wonder what other new monsters will be inlcuded? I would love to see Titanosaurus show up. :)

godzilla-unleashed-tba-20070130050219025-000.jpg

Lobster

Banned
MasterMFauli said:

godzilla-unleashed-tba-20070130050219025-000.jpg

Cmon that looks great. But Note that im basing this on the Wii.
But ye..looks great.

Top Bottom