• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOG News and Updates 2010

epmode

Maybe he was confused about that 14 day promotion? I certainly haven't heard anything about a new publisher OH GOD EA PLEASEEEEEEE

stuminus3

MomoPufflet said:
Haha sorry, I thought it was a 15 day promotion. And I was just kidding around :lol

I am mildly retarded :|
You're lucky it's the holiday season, or I'd be beating you to death with a 5¼-inch floppy disk drive.

soldat7

Anyone keep getting "Corrupt Installer" errors in Windows 7 32-bit? Can't install Icewind Dale. :|

Edit: Had to redownload. Works now.

Also, is this mod really necessary?

Icewind Dale NPCs - Turns the game in to more of a BG-party focused experience

Seems to change the game at a very fundamental level. Should I leave it uninstalled?

Suairyu

Banned
I am finding the "add to wishlist" button a good outlet for my "OMG I must buy that" urges. At the end of the sale I'll see how many of the games I've bought so far I've actually played and how realistic it would be to buy any more. Planescape has been bought just because it's goddamn Planescape, but the others can wait.

Minsc

Gold Member
soldat7 said:
Anyone keep getting "Corrupt Installer" errors in Windows 7 32-bit? Can't install Icewind Dale. :|

Edit: Had to redownload. Works now.

Also, is this mod really necessary?

Seems to change the game at a very fundamental level. Should I leave it uninstalled?

Yea, unless you're absolutely opposed to creating 6 people yourself, I'd skip it. If the only way you can play the game is if it's more like BG with banter, then I'm told it gives you that, but I'd imagine a play-through without it is better.

soldat7

Minsc said:
Yea, unless you're absolutely opposed to creating 6 people yourself, I'd skip it. If the only way you can play the game is if it's more like BG with banter, then I'm told it gives you that, but I'd imagine a play-through without it is better.

Thanks. Will skip it then.

Is there a mod to make the text in Icewind Dale bigger like in Planescape? The text is really tiny on my 1920x1080 laptop...

Minsc

Gold Member
soldat7 said:

Is there a mod to make the text in Icewind Dale bigger like in Planescape? The text is really tiny on my 1920x1080 laptop...

Nope, just reinstall the widescreen mod at a lower res. Anything past 720p/800p is probably a bit excessive unless you have a large display. Text should be a decent size at 1280x720.

I usually play IE games windowed, so I'm used to the smaller text. Looks huge to me when I play fullscreen.

soldat7 said:

If it's anything like BG (which it is) there should be a file named something similar to "iwd.ini", there you should find a line that says "font" (maybe, look for font names), and you should be able to switch to a larger font (like Arial Black or something). At least that's how it works in BG2.

Not that I have any shortage of games to play, but an Interplay sale at some point would be rad. It seems like those are the only games left on my wishlist.

Zachack

Minsc said:
First release of 2011, Moto Racer 3, a little bit of a let down for me though, never played any of them.
The first one was great at the time (dunno now), the second one is not, and I wasn't aware that there was a third one.

I kinda wish GOG would stay away from traditional racing games, as they usually don't improve with age. Almost all the driving games I want to see are ones that are gimmick based, like Carmageddon, Quarantine/Road Warrior, or Midtown Madness (and even then I'm not sure about Midtown).

Polk

Minsc said:
First release of 2011, Moto Racer 3, a little bit of a let down for me though, never played any of them.
Third wasn't good. And publisher took shitty route of not making it compatible with XP. To play it on XP (and mind you MR3 came after XP was released) you had to buy Gold version released some time after.

BTW Guilty Gear X2 Reload was removed from GOG last week. It was related to a legal dispute, I believe. The other Guilty Gear game was unaffected.

Top Bottom