• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Going to a barber with no idea what you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody do this? Is this acceptable?

I'm kind of hoping a stylist will analyse my face and give me something I'd suit. I've currently got long hair so they'll have plenty of options. I've had the same hair for years and need a change.

For anybody in Glasgow it'll be Curleys Urbane.

barber-meme-what-you-want-squilliam-fancyson.jpg

Spenny

As long as the stylist didn't go to Marinello you should be good. I've done this before and my haircuts have always turned out great.

Maximus.

I tried this once, they had no personal suggestions, gave me a book with models and haircuts and asked me to find something I liked. When I gave a suggestion, they didn't give the best answer. My confidence in this particular barber was low and I decided not to let them cut my hair. I was also like 13, so what the fuck did I know about style and hair.

Now I know what I am going for and clearly explain what I want and get them to double check and if I want to try something new, showing a picture or pictures always help. My barber is dope though and even recommends things to me that I often agree with. Been seeing him for years.

As long as the stylist didn't go to Marinello you should be good. I've done this before and my haircuts have always turned out great.

The barbers I want to go to is always shortlisted for best barber in Glasgow and one the hairdressers won best mens hair stylist in 2013.

So I'm hoping they'll be full of bright ideas.

You could say shorter on the sides and a bit more on top and go from there. Otherwise, ask them what they'd recommend or what's popular. If you hate it just get the clippers out.

http://i.imgur.com/fEqg0ye.jpg

So I went. Before on the left, after on the right. I'm really quite happy. I've had long hair so about six years and just got really tired of it.

It started out really awkward because I had no idea what to ask for but we just spoke for a couple minutes about ideas and then adapted as we went along. Nothing too fancy but it looks a lot smarter, I think.

CHC

So I went. Before on the left, after on the right. I'm really quite happy. I've had long hair so about six years and just got really tired of it.

It started out really awkward because I had no idea what to ask for but we just spoke for a couple minutes about ideas and then adapted as we went along. Nothing too fancy but it looks a lot smarter, I think.

That looks really good, man. You must feel like you lost 10 pounds.

whitehawk

Banned

Congrats on the haircut! Looks a lot better.

Audioboxer

Ah, a Glaswegian!

In the current "heat wave" us Scots are suffering from I have no idea how you were surviving. I got my long hair chopped a month or so ago because it was too warm.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
The barber I started going to when I first moved here had the same haircut and beard as me, so it was super easy to point at him and say "that" when he asked what I was after.

New002

The barbers I want to go to is always shortlisted for best barber in Glasgow and one the hairdressers won best mens hair stylist in 2013.

So I'm hoping they'll be full of bright ideas.

Looks good. I wish I could something with my hair but it's pretty darn boring and doesn't really lend its self to interesting styles. But maybe I just need to expand my horizons.

kavanf1

Looks good man. I'm in Glasgow too and have been looking for somewhere I can go besides the bog standard barbers where for most of my life I just get a number 2 back and sides and tidied with scissors on top. Sounds like you'd recommend this place?

Maximo

Im a similar boat don't have much of a hair style and I have had the same for years gonna go to a good barbers and just let them do their thing.

Looks good man. I'm in Glasgow too and have been looking for somewhere I can go besides the bog standard barbers where for most of my life I just get a number 2 back and sides and tidied with scissors on top. Sounds like you'd recommend this place?

Yeah, I'd absolutely recommend it. It's not a five minutes walk from Crossmyloof train station in Shawlands.

Curleys Urbane.

And they give you a beer if you go on a Friday or Saturday.

Randomizer

The old working class special.

kavanf1

Yeah, I'd absolutely recommend it. It's not a five minutes walk from Crossmyloof train station in Shawlands.

Curleys Urbane.

And they give you a beer if you go on a Friday or Saturday.

Cheers, but also shite as it was hoping it would be city centre. Need to find a place I can get to on my lunch break, ideally.

The old working class special.

Haha yep, passed down from generation to generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom