• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Going to Disney World - Anyone have any must see/do things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithnCo

World of Cool in Epcot. All the free cokes that you can drink, from around the world.

Drink the Beverly. It is a fine Italian seltzer.

There's one really shitty one though, I forgot what it was. The one that says it is meant to clean the palette or something.

If you go to Hollywood studios, first thing is to get a fastpass for Toy Story because they run out really fast. The line also gets damn huge. Tower of Terror and Star Wars usually have pretty small lines. I wouldn't skip this park, it's my favorite next to Magic Kingdom. And Tower of Terror is one of my favorite rides at WDW period. You may also want to ride Star Wars multiple times depending on how long the line is. Great Movie ride also has two variations though it doesn't change that much.

Rockin' Roller Coaster is great too, sadly when I was there this last thursday is was down so people migrated over to other rides, making the lines longer. Luckily the Tower of Terror line thinned down eventually.

Animal Kingdom, on the other hand, is probably my least favorite. I only really love Everest and Dinosaur.

The FastPass thing at Disney sounds like a convoluted mess.

It really isn't, I think the system works well, and it's no extra cash. And, as soon as your Fastpass time comes you can get another Fastpass immediately, so while you ride you can save time before the next Fastpass ride. The times are usually pretty good too, though I guess it depends on the ride.

SmithnCo

Places to eat in the parks are mostly crap. If you want a cool experience, I would recommend the Sci-Fi Drive In Theatre at MGM for a very entertaining meal.

Yeah, the food is decent but the atmosphere totally makes that restaurant. It should be experienced at least once I think. My only gripe is that they should make the "movie" package a little longer, or change it up for people that have already eaten there a lot. But for first-timers it should be a treat.

I also liked Mama Melrose's though I haven't eaten there in a while so the menu might have changed.

Christopher

Does anyone know where the place is that is almost like eating underwater? I always as a kid saw it in commercials (in the 90's) but I don't know exactly where it is.

JGS

Banned
You're skipping Hollywood Studios at Disney and Animal Kingdom? Too many great rides. You probably didn't ride the new Star Tours and Toy Story Mania is an all time great. Everest is my favorite ride at Disney, probably any park actually.
Only if money/time were an issue. I would go to all of them as all of them have their high points.

However, this time, we are splitting our time between there and Universal- possibly SeaWorld.

thebeeks

Banned
Ctrl + f Carousel of Progress

...Aww, c'mon, you guys.

You should hit up the Carousel of Progress at least once. It's a 15-minute animatronic show about how various inventions/discoveries have changed our lives over the year. It's a pretty important ride if you know your Disney history. Granted, the CoP isn't the most action packed attraction there, and if your kid is under 10 he might get a little fidgety. I say check it out, because at the very least you'll get a chance to sit in a nice cool room for a couple of minutes, and there's never any line because it's educational.

andthebeatgoeson

Dat 4D movie close to 'It's A Small World'. OMG, between 3D Lion King, Mickey Mouse, it's a real fun movie to watch. It's 30 minutes of 4-5 Disney films spliced together in 3D with some water, wind and other interactive effects. The whole house comes down once Simba starts singing about wanting to be king. Even if you are bleh about Disney movies, you'll love it.

TDLink

...Aww, c'mon, you guys.

You should hit up the Carousel of Progress at least once. It's a 15-minute animatronic show about how various inventions/discoveries have changed our lives over the year. It's a pretty important ride if you know your Disney history. Granted, the CoP isn't the most action packed attraction there, and if your kid is under 10 he might get a little fidgety. I say check it out, because at the very least you'll get a chance to sit in a nice cool room for a couple of minutes, and there's never any line because it's educational.

Carousel of Progress is cool and definitely something not to miss if you are really into Disney history since it was one of the original rides and all that. However, it is definitely a long show that is made only longer (and more annoying) whenever someone inevitably tries to leave in the middle and causes an entire scene to repeat. This has happened almost every time I have been on it and I have heard it is pretty frequent as well. That makes it quite aggravating in my opinion and I have tried to avoid it since experiencing it 3 times in the past. If you have a kid they will also absolutely hate this attraction.

If you want to do some of the more classic stuff just stick to It's a Small World and maybe the Tiki room.

Dat 4D movie close to 'It's A Small World'. OMG, between 3D Lion King, Mickey Mouse, it's a real fun movie to watch. It's 30 minutes of 4-5 Disney films spliced together in 3D with some water, wind and other interactive effects. The whole house comes down once Simba starts singing about wanting to be king. Even if you are bleh about Disney movies, you'll love it.

I forgot about this but it is actually pretty good, yeah. Good call.

SmithnCo

PhilharMagic, yeah that one is pretty great.

As far as less-well-known rides that I recommend, I love Living with the Land at Epcot. It's really relaxing. The movie that they play at the France pavilion is one of my favorites too, though children might get restless because it's pretty low-key.

If you are in Hollywood Studios consider going through the One Man's Dream museum, they have some pretty cool stuff in there. Even if you don't want to sit through the movie (which is fine but children might get bored). The American Idol Experience is cool too, sometimes there are some pretty good singers.

Carousel of Progress is cool and definitely something not to miss if you are really into Disney history since it was one of the original rides and all that. However, it is definitely a long show that is made only longer (and more annoying) whenever someone inevitably tries to leave in the middle and causes an entire scene to repeat. This has happened almost every time I have been on it and I have heard it is pretty frequent as well. That makes it quite aggrivating in my opinion and I have tried to avoid it since experiencing it 3 times in the past. If you have a kid they will also absolutely hate this attraction.

Haha, I've gone on Carousel a lot and this has thankfully only happened once, but damn if it isn't bizarre and a little frustrating to sit through the same scene four times in a row.

Reading this thread is fun but painful. I haven't been to Disney World in over ten years... :(

The Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater is the restaurant that I'm most nostalgic for, it shouldn't be missed. Definitely stay at a Disney resort, and if you have the means I highly recommend the Polynesian Resort. I wish I lived there.

I agree that Living with the Land is really relaxing. I loved all of those slow, semi-educational rides when I was a kid. Your kid will only hate Carousel of Progress if they're an asshole.

If anyone wants a really fun read about Disney World vacation tips check out X-Entertainment's Disney World article:

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/disneyadventure/part1/

Jeramii

Banned

...Aww, c'mon, you guys.

took us 32 minutes as it brokedown when you get to the future room. it was hilarious, we had to listen to the script of the people of the future for a good 12 minutes or so.

TDLink

I agree that Living with the Land is really relaxing. I loved all of those slow, semi-educational rides when I was a kid. Your kid will only hate Carousel of Progress if they're an asshole.

The problem with Carousel of Progress is not really risk of boredom but that it is a very long show to begin with and extremely prone to scene repeats (as people in this thread have testified already).

The other "slow, semi-education rides" are much much better. Spaceship Earth is my personal favourite and definitely should not be missed.

TaeOH

I don't know if the dining plans are worth it anymore and would never do the counter service only version as counter service at Disney is spotty. Plus they have some really great table service restaurants, even if overpriced.

Remember that you can make table service "reservations" up to either 60 or 90 days in advance.

Disboards would know the current rules and the trip reports will highlight the restaurants that are currently under good management.

Jme

I don't know if the dining plans are worth it anymore and would never do the counter service only version as counter service at Disney is spotty. Plus they have some really great table service restaurants, even if overpriced.

Remember that you can make table service "reservations" up to either 60 or 90 days in advance.

Disboards would know the current rules and the trip reports will highlight the restaurants that are currently under good management.

It's now 180 days in advance. Seriously. 6 months in advance. Seriously.

Weenerz

Banned
How much did your trip cost you OP? For 3 people? Also, how long was your stay and did you fly or drive? Seriously thinking of setting something like this up for the summer, while its short notice, I have always wanted to go.

mickey-mouse-pin-trading.jpg

Disney Pin Trading.......fun thing to do when you go to any of the Disney parks.

starts like this...
p522864-Orlando-Pin_Trading_Lanyard.jpg

...ends like this
Corigliano_pin_vest_2005-goldhaber.jpg

take caution. it can get expensive.

FOOTE

All I can say is to make sure you take advantage of the speed pass thing they have( I forgot what the hell it's called if it's not speed pass). The lines are extraordinary long, and those passes cut down on waiting in line by a very significant margin.

Anyway, as far as specific rides or attractions. Space Mountain is still awesome.

Kusagari

Rock'n Roller coaster blows. No idea why people like that ride. The mummy coaster at Universal blows it out of the water.

TDLink

It's now 180 days in advance. Seriously. 6 months in advance. Seriously.

Every time I have gone to WDW and eaten at Epcot for a meal I have had 0 problems reserving right then and there for later in that same day at the guest relations desk which is just to the left of Spaceship Earth when you walk in the park. Reserving that long in advance is ludicrous and completely unnecessary.

Rock'n Roller coaster blows. No idea why people like that ride. The mummy coaster at Universal blows it out of the water.

Truth. The best coaster at WDW is Everest in Animal Kingdom. I have to say though that I really enjoy Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain even though they aren't very intense. Just something nostalgic I suppose.

TaeOH

Every time I have gone to WDW and eaten at Epcot for a meal I have had 0 problems reserving right then and there for later in that same day at the guest relations desk which is just to the left of Spaceship Earth when you walk in the park. Reserving that long in advance is ludicrous and completely unnecessary.

When the dining plan was a really good deal, it was necessary to reserve the better choices way in advance. I never did get LeCellier though, apparently that one went the day the reservations opened.

When not on the dining plan, there are still certain hot items you need to do well in advance such as Cinderella's Table.

Truth. The best coaster at WDW is Everest in Animal Kingdom. I have to say though that I really enjoy Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain even though they aren't very intense. Just something nostalgic I suppose.

Same, personally I always take a good "show" over pure thrills. Space Mountain's darkness and Thunder's track that weaves in and out of the mountain both add a lot to the experience.

TDLink

When the dining plan was a really good deal, it was necessary to reserve the better choices way in advance. I never did get LeCellier though, apparently that one went the day the reservations opened.

When not on the dining plan, there are still certain hot items you need to do well in advance such as Cinderella's Table.

mickey mouse character dining breakfast says otherwise........

I have never done the dining plan so those reservations I was talking about were without it. It really is not necessary to reserve further than a day in advance for anything in Epcot...which are the restaurants you would want to reserve for anyways.

The Magic Kingdom ones may be a bit more chancy since they are character meals (I believe) and thus more popular among kids. The one time I ate at a Magic Kingdom one though I have to say I wasn't very impressed with the food so I don't really think it is worth it. Maybe the new Beauty and the Beast one will be good though.

Maybe the new Beauty and the Beast one will be good though.

i hope so. i got my annual passes paid up. my family cant wait for Fantasyland to open up. on my visit last week i still saw signs saying "coming 2012". im hoping for an after summer opening or christmas at the very latest.

TDLink

i hope so. i got my annual passes paid up. my family cant wait for Fantasyland to open up. on my visit last week i still saw signs saying "coming 2012". im hoping for an after summer opening or christmas at the very latest.

Right now the rumour is late August with latest opening happening sometime in October. There is definitely no way they are going to miss the thanksgiving break though with those new areas. Although the new snow white mine train coaster isn't supposed to be done until next year, just the little mermaid and beauty and the beast stuff.

Right now the rumour is late August with latest opening happening sometime in October. There is definitely no way they are going to miss the thanksgiving break though with those new areas. Although the new snow white mine train coaster isn't supposed to be done until next year, just the little mermaid and beauty and the beast stuff.

ill take it. i hope the renovations for thunder mountain speed up too.

have you been there for xmas? do they redecorate the whole place?

SmithnCo

It could have certainly used a longer track. Tower of Terror is still the prime ride at Hollywood Studios, half due to atmosphere and the other half because of reactions from other riders.

Kusagari

It could have certainly used a longer track. Tower of Terror is still the prime ride at Hollywood Studios, half due to atmosphere and the other half because of reactions from other riders.

Yeah, Tower of Terror is awesome. I had just heard about Rock'n roller coaster for years since I hadn't been back to MGM, not calling it Hollywood Studios lulz, since it opened. Then I finally went, waited in line for 2 hours and just went "this is fucking it?" when the ride ended.

Jme

have you been there for xmas? do they redecorate the whole place?

I was just there this past xmas, and the answer is yes. DHS has "Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights" which is fucking amazing. This youtube doesn't do it justice but to get an idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UySCUo_ek4

Both Main Street USA and the Osborne Lights have snow machines running during the festivities. They do a special 'xmas' version of Wishes which is really awesome. Not to mention just everything is decorated everywhere. Magic Kingdom also has "Christmas Party" which is a hard-ticket event (i.e. you have to buy the ticket on top of your theme park admission and its limited quantities) with hot chocolate and cookies and a special parade (with toy soldiers!) and a bajillion character meeting spots. I rode tea cups with alice and mad hatter :)
And there's no better view than the top of Splash Mountain just before you go down, during christmas at night. The whole place is lit up and its just awesome and then you plummet.

Christopher

Any recommendations on what to explore after the parks close as well? I think I have to make reservations to get a window seat at the Coral Reef that's something I always wanted to do...and I'll look at the other resturants to see what we should reserve too. I'm going to aim to do a park a day: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and then maybe end the last day with a water park?

Dachande

Any recommendations on what to explore after the parks close as well? I think I have to make reservations to get a window seat at the Coral Reef that's something I always wanted to do...and I'll look at the other resturants to see what we should reserve too. I'm going to aim to do a park a day: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and then maybe end the last day with a water park?

All of the Disney hotels and resorts have some very nice restaurants and are just nice to walk around in, so try those if you get a chance.

Disney Boardwalk has the Big River Grille and Brewing Co., which does some amazing burgers and a selection of lovely beers brewed on-site. There's an ice cream parlour called Beaches and Cream at the Disney Beach Club resort that we go to every year since discovering it. Loads more I don't know of or can think of right now.

Xun

The Magic Kingdom and Epcot fireworks are a must, but I'm sure others have some good recommendations.

Also as for the water park in my eyes Typhoon Lagoon is the better of the two, mostly because of the atmosphere and wave pool.

izakq

What's the weather like around March (we're going from March 10th to 16th)? I've read that it can get up to 80 degrees in the afternoon, but a little cool in the mornings/evenings. Also, does it rain pretty often? Humidity? I guess I just need tips on what clothes to pack up for the trip.

I'm also reading that the crowds around this time are going to be insane because of Spring Break. Is it really that bad? We went to Disneyland a couple of years ago at the end of July, and it was crowded, but we were able to ride a lot of the rides we wanted. If they're like that, then I can cope.

EDIT:
Blah, last one. Someone recommended Cocoa Beach and I didn't have my question answered.

How far is it from Disney World? Is it one of the better beaches to go to, as in, not too packed due to Spring Break going to start for many folks?

The GF is a Disney addict so I have more experience with this stuff than I'd care to admit. It's definitely worth the price to stay at a Deluxe resort. Animal Kingdom Lodge is amazing. Polynesian and Contemporary are really neat too (plus monorail access, so nice to swing into Magic Kingdom right before the fireworks and enjoy the no wait rides every night).

Allears and wdwinfo are really helpful for reviews and what not. Good stuff there. Some of the blogs on Allears are really detailed.

It is also really worth not eating counter service. Their counter service is, for the most part, overpriced fast food. But that's what folks want I guess. I always save and budget so we can enjoy our favorite table service restaurants.

Best foods:

Magic Kingdom: The Plaza Inn, Royal Table if the kid is old enough to enjoy that kind of thing (plus eating in the Castle is really fun).

Hollywood Studios: SciFi Dine-In (a blast, we go every trip), Brown Derby (a little too expensive for what it is, I don't eat dinner much at HS).

Animal Kingdom: Yak and Yeti Table Service

Epcot: Coral Reef (seats by the glass or bust, so neat), Garden Grill, Le Cellier, Chefs De France, Via Napoli

Resorts: Kona Cafe @ Polynesian (so good), Ohana @ Poly (dear god the sheer mass of food they bring), The Wave @ Contemporary, Sanaa @ Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani, Narcooses @ Grand Floridian

Best overall: Ohana Ohana Ohana.

Rides wise, there's not much there that's not worth doing other than some of the stuff like Aladdin's Carpets that's essentially a dressed up carnival ride (new Dumbo should be neat though) and Mission Space (fuck Mission Space). Some of the rides are dated, but they have so much heart that they are still fun to ride even to a grown ass man.

Christopher

The GF is a Disney addict so I have more experience with this stuff than I'd care to admit. It's definitely worth the price to stay at a Deluxe resort. Animal Kingdom Lodge is amazing. Polynesian and Contemporary are really neat too (plus monorail access, so nice to swing into Magic Kingdom right before the fireworks and enjoy the no wait rides every night).

Allears and wdwinfo are really helpful for reviews and what not. Good stuff there. Some of the blogs on Allears are really detailed.

It is also really worth not eating counter service. Their counter service is, for the most part, overpriced fast food. But that's what folks want I guess. I always save and budget so we can enjoy our favorite table service restaurants.

Best foods:

Magic Kingdom: The Plaza Inn, Royal Table if the kid is old enough to enjoy that kind of thing (plus eating in the Castle is really fun).

Hollywood Studios: SciFi Dine-In (a blast, we go every trip), Brown Derby (a little too expensive for what it is, I don't eat dinner much at HS).

Animal Kingdom: Yak and Yeti Table Service

Epcot: Coral Reef (seats by the glass or bust, so neat), Garden Grill, Le Cellier, Chefs De France, Via Napoli

Resorts: Kona Cafe @ Polynesian (so good), Ohana @ Poly (dear god the sheer mass of food they bring), The Wave @ Contemporary, Sanaa @ Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani, Narcooses @ Grand Floridian

Best overall: Ohana Ohana Ohana.

Rides wise, there's not much there that's not worth doing other than some of the stuff like Aladdin's Carpets that's essentially a dressed up carnival ride (new Dumbo should be neat though) and Mission Space (fuck Mission Space). Some of the rides are dated, but they have so much heart that they are still fun to ride even to a grown ass man.

AWESOME post, thanks for the help!

Disney World is great. Just a great, great awesome place. I'm an adult (27), and went with my family the November before last and we really had a great time.

Do everything Disney, except you can probably skip the water parks IMO. Blizzard Beach is good if you really must do a water park, but by and large, I think they're an inconvenience if you're an adult.

Disney does not have giant thrill rides like a Six Flags or Universal might have, but the Disney Brand compensates for that, and the park is just set up expertly. Something we've got the last few times I've gone was the "extra hours" pass, which I think we signed up for for 2 nights. Basically, it gives you the ability to go after official public closing hours of the parks, and it's only open to limited guests based on where you're staying or the package you buy. It's great for being able to do runs on all of your favorite rides as many times as you want, and you can often avoid the searing heat of the day.

Also, I'd suggest getting a Disney park hopper pass, which will allow you to go to multiple parks throughout the whole day. So, you could start at the MAgic Kingdom, then hop over to Disney Hollywood Studios, then finish the day at Epcot.

You should really eat every meal at Epcot. Epcot has excellent restaurants and it's the only disney park that serves alcohol, hence the popular acronym EPCOT: Every Person Comes Out Trashed. The Mexican place at Epcot is excellent and the Bavarian Bier Garden is a MUST do for food... but get your reservations early, months in advance. You must eat at the Bier Garten. It's great.

I'll edit with ride stuff shortly.

Cheech said:
Drink the Beverly. It is a fine Italian seltzer.
HAHAHA. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. hahahahaha Beverly tastes like your own jizz with bubbles.

AWESOME post, thanks for the help!

No problem. I'm on my phone at work or I'd probably fill up several posts worth of info.

Honestly, it is expensive but I love the place. We both agree that there's a different feeling there (magic, whatever) that makes the experience so enjoyable. We just stayed at AKL: Kidani over the week between Christmas and New Years and while it was ungodly crowded we still had an absolute blast.

Universal is fun, but not in the same way. The Harry Potter area is a fucking mess and I've never really been able to enjoy it much. Far too small and pretty much no one is interested in the rest of the park. The Hulk is probably my favorite coaster ever and the Harry Potter ride is probably the most well done theme park ride in existence, but I'd still choose Disney over Universal anyday. Not to mention that Universal's fast pass system is a money-grubbing shitstorm on busy days. Thank god it isn't usable on Harry Potter or the Stand-by line would be 4 hours long.

I also concur with the above: pretty much every restaurant at EPCOT is fantastic. That's probably the only reason I'd pick Boardwalk, Beach or Yacht Club over my favorite resorts, but being able to walk to EPCOT in just a few minutes to eat lunch or dinner with a Park Hopper is such a big bonus.

EPCOT is a tragically underrated park due to how few big name rides it has. Don't pass it up.

What's the weather like around March (we're going from March 10th to 16th)? I've read that it can get up to 80 degrees in the afternoon, but a little cool in the mornings/evenings. Also, does it rain pretty often? Humidity? I guess I just need tips on what clothes to pack up for the trip.

I'm also reading that the crowds around this time are going to be insane because of Spring Break. Is it really that bad? We went to Disneyland a couple of years ago at the end of July, and it was crowded, but we were able to ride a lot of the rides we wanted. If they're like that, then I can cope.

Weather is perfect in March. Hot, but not too bad, like 80s. You'll get an afternoon shower almost every day, but it helps cool things down for an hour. Evenings are nice. I was there in November/December a year ago and there were nights where you'd call it cold -- 50 degrees or so, but it was great being from Massachusetts, being used 20s and 30s during those months. And during the day it was perfect.

It's busy in March, but w/e it's always busy. USe the Fastpass / ez ticket or whatever it's called, the system works really well and you can get on almost any ride within 15 - 30 minutes even at busy times. But, be smart about ride times and how the rides are. Wet rides are most popular at mid day, so if you go in the morning and evening, you'll get short waits. Also, indoor rides like the Haunted Mansion (one of my favorites) are very popular at mid day because it's a cool, air conditioned ride. During the middle of the day, try hitting up some of the less popular rides that are out of fashion, but still classic disney: The PEople Mover in Tomorrow Land is a great way to take a 10 minute break, sit down and relax for a while, and go through the "back ground" of some rides. Also, the train around th Magic Kingdom is a 30 minute ride that's nice just to relax and enjoy. Finally, one of my favorite rides that is a total loser ride with no waits, and a classic "lame disney" is the Carosel of Progress. Of course your kids will be bored to tears, but it's a movable theatre with pretty lame robotics, but it's a classic lame disney ride and has to be experienced... plus you get out of the sun for 20 minutes.

Pack shorts and tshirts, maybe one sweat shirt that you can throw on during chilly nights, but if you're from the North East or anywhere cold weather, you'll be fine.

As for beaches... there are no close beaches. Cocoa Beach is 1.5 hours or so driving, and IMO Cocoa Beach is a dump if you're used to any of the nice, uncrowded, relaxing beaches.

I also concur with the above: pretty much every restaurant at EPCOT is fantastic. That's probably the only reason I'd pick Boardwalk, Beach or Yacht Club over my favorite resorts, but being able to walk to EPCOT in just a few minutes to eat lunch or dinner with a Park Hopper is such a big bonus.

EPCOT is a tragically underrated park due to how few big name rides it has. Don't pass it up.

EPCOT is my favorite part as an adult. As a kid I HATED it. But my favorite memories of Disney last two times I've gone were at EPCOT. They have great grown up rides and being able to chill out and get a beer or margarita is a huge plus.

Weenerz

Banned
Guys I need some recommendations, going on a trip in the middle of July. Have 3 adults and 1 child @ 10 years old. Planning on 5 days/6 nights and have a budget of $3000. Would like to stay in the value hotel in the park instead of a local motel. Flying from Norfolk VA.

Ok I have my finger on the book button almost what do you guys think about the Port Orleans French Quarter hotel? Good?

I think they just did a refurb of their rooms, make sure you're getting one of those (Disney's customer service is awesome, give them a call if you need help).

Otherwise French Quarter is probably my favorite Moderate resort (Caribbean not far behind). Keep in mind that, like all Moderates, you'll probably be doing a great deal of walking to the bus stop and the busses tend to be a little more crowded.

God damn I need a Dole Whip.

5amshift

Banned
Guys I need some recommendations, going on a trip in the middle of July. Have 3 adults and 1 child @ 10 years old. Planning on 5 days/6 nights and have a budget of $3000. Would like to stay in the value hotel in the park instead of a local motel. Flying from Norfolk VA.

My picks for a value hotel would either be the Pop Century or Art of Animation. Art of Animation is pretty close to being built, but I'm not sure if prices will be high the first year of opening.

dagZ

If you want to see Fantasmic!, which I highly recommend, eat at Mama Melrose's at Hollywood Studios and you get reserved seating for Fantasmic!. I think they still do that at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom