• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golden Mario amiibo releasing on March 20 in NA (Walmart exclusive)

Fucking didn't work on my phone , I'm pissed :/

Everyone buying 2 lol, you guys are scalpers x resellers now :p

I'm salty and jelly

Nintendo really needs to flood the market with a massive amount of formerly-rare amiibos to completely undermine the scalpers.

I feel as if NOA is increasingly pandering to the scalper mentality instead of producing sufficient quantities of their products. I understand that they don't want to be left with too much deadweight inventory, but this is starting to get out of hand.

The gold Mario preorders are already sold out, only 30 minutes into the sale....at the only place you can preorder them?

That's messed up.

oti

Banned
B-yNvfaWoAAT7k7.jpg:large

bms2993

Banned
Oh.. oh my god lol I thought the preorder went live a few ten minutes ago. It happened hours ago so I'm really not mad at Nintendo anymore and more myself for being asleep :p

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Couldn't care less about that ugly-ass amiibo messing with the perfect balance of my complete Smash Bros. amiibo collection.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking didn't work on my phone , I'm pissed :/

Everyone buying 2 lol, you guys are scalpers x resellers now :p

I'm salty and jelly
I ordered a second for my friend in case he didn't get my message in time. I just happened to be at the computer quicker!

JOKE'S ON HIM WHEN I SELL IT TO HIM FOR $130!!
lol, no.

hoserx

after I bought this gold one, (my first), I just spent my $15 target gift card (MM3DSXL cancellation reward) on another one.......... lol.

I HAVE THE SICKNESS NOW

Davey Cakes

I would've preordered if I'd known sooner.

Can't believe I missed this thread for two and a half hours. And I've been surfing GAF the entire time.

Going to have to be more diligent if I want any of that Wave 4 goodness.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
So if you got a pre-order in, does that guarantee you'll receive one?
I'm assuming that Walmart.com has a pretty decent system of knowing how many they have for preorders. I ordered a Little Mac from them right before they stopped selling them. They completely removed Mac from the website, but I still got mine eventually.

massoluk

Banned
Oh come on, I stepped away from my work desk for just a while and I came back to find out the pre-order is available and already sold out/

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I don't really understand why people are so bent out of shape over this one considering what we've just been through with Smash characters.

If retailer exclusives exist, one having an exclusive color variant of a character you can otherwise still obtain elsewhere is a way, way, wayyyyyy less odious lockdown than "we're the only place you can get this character at all."

If Gamestop, Best Buy, TRU, and Target had had White Shulk, Dark MetaKnight, Green Lucario, and Red Rosalina respectively, and everyone else carried the characters' standard colors, those characters wouldn't have nearly the same mythical unicorn status.

bumpkin

Target opening at 8am is one thing, but my local Walmart opens at 6am. I am not lining up for a figure at 4am or earlier. Not fucking happening.

I think OP edited to include the pre-order link.

The first post about pre-ordering was at 11:18.

By 11:33 it was sold out.

This was only available for 15 minutes.

Am I right?

DoomGyver

So who is going to be the first one to take the regular mario amiibo and paint it gold?

Because that's the only way you're going to get one.

The worst part about this is the 3 people watching. :/

They just want to see if the person sells it so they can put theirs up for $200 too.

Anyway, I like going to the "Buy It Now: $200 or Best Offer" ones and offering $15 with a "$15 seems like a fair price for this item" message.

edit: I also don't get the person that would possibly buy it at $200 when there are potential opportunities in the future to get it at retail price. Slim chances, but still...

M-PG71C

If I see it in the wild, I'll pick it up. I don't care otherwise and this is coming from someone who almost has the entire Amiibo lineup. :/

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
So who is going to be the first one to take the regular mario amiibo and paint it gold?

Because that's the only way you're going to get one.
Walmart's usually really aggressive with their order numbers on exclusives. Any exclusive Skylanders they got would clog their shelves for weeks, if not months. Their "holiday exclusive" consoles like their blue Wiis and white Xbox 360 S would still be hanging around in good supply until a few months into the next year.

I'm sure any Walmart that carries these will get at least 16 to start (a full case), if not 32.

Eh, I'm going to try going through customer support to see if I can get one from them directly. Mainly because I morally object what Wal-mart does on a variety of different things. If they don't budge, no skin off my nose. But it doesn't hurt to try. :p

Top Bottom