• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golden Mario amiibo releasing on March 20 in NA (Walmart exclusive)

I've always wondered how hard it'd be to get an Amiboo around here, so I guess I'll find out when this come out. I feel like I'm the only one in this town that has a Wii U.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Pre-ordered it.
Hopefully convention season will allow me to fill the holes in my Amiibo collection.

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Mario has always been golden in the minds of his fans. On March 20, Nintendo will launch the Super Mario amiibo—Gold Edition, a shiny gold-colored Mario figure that arrives on the same day as the Mario Party 10 game for the Wii U console. The Super Mario amiibo—Gold Edition will be sold exclusively at 3,000 Walmart stores in the U.S. at launch at a retail price of $12.96.

Note: There are 4,524 potential Walmart stores in the USA (3,877 excluding Sam's Club) where Nintendo could have carried these amiibo figures.

So not only is it Walmart exclusive, but it's not even featured in all of the Walmart stores.

Cool, thanks for the link!

This might be the only one that I leave sealed... assuming it has the same in-game functionality as the regular Mario.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Note: There are 4,524 potential Walmart stores in the USA (3,877 excluding Sam's Club) where Nintendo could have carried these amiibo figures.

So not only is it Walmart exclusive, but it's not even featured in all of the Walmart stores.

Does that # include grocery stores though? My initial thought was it's not all Wally World stores cause some are just grocery stores.

I figured since I put my address in the "Free Pick-up" and it defaulted to shipping at home.
Thought it was pretty funny. At least it seems the warehouse amount is decent since it isn't sold out yet.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Warning: This product has a pending rating.

The content may be mature. You must be 17 years old to purchase this item.
Rated M for MARIO.

Seriously, 17 for a Mario toy? Oh my.

WOW that sold out quickly.

marrec

Banned
I was super close, like [ ] that close to pre-ordering one.

And then I said "WTF am I doing I make plenty of money doing my proper job I don't need to make 50 bucks off selling a repaint mario POS".

I'll buy a 50 dollar bottle of vodka instead thanks Walmart.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
No word on Canada, but thankfully I'm not someone who needs to own every Amiibo. Especially one as ugly as this.

Dear NOA,
You have apparently learned absolutely nothing. Why do you still not want our money? Please die in a fire.

Signed,
Everyone

Top Bottom