• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoldenEye 007 |OT| For 360, James? No... For Wii

Game went from:

-(E3) "NEW GE 007 REMAKE OH SHIT! Looks good, er ok, at least!"
-(Month later) Game looks...ok....meh. Cash in total.
-(Sees Siberia level) "Oh...damn...this actually looks pretty damn good"
-(Watches mo-cap/voice stuff) "Wow, it looks like they're putting in some effort"
-(Reads IGN/watches IGN videos) "Day 2! (After GAF impressions :lol)"

D-Pad

antonz said:
006 when he is being held above the dish about to be dropped says For England james? Bond replies No.. for me.

As Goldeneye was being teased for sometime being retextured etc in HD for 360 its playing on that

Ah, I see.

KevinCow said:
Go watch Goldeneye, dummy.
I will when remake it with Daniel Craig. "The Goldeneye 007"

KevinCow

Banned
Daniel Craig doesn't adjust his tie while driving a tank through St. Petersburg.

He probably wouldn't even be wearing a tie.
p0ZWf.gif

D-Pad

KevinCow said:
Daniel Craig doesn't adjust his tie while driving a tank through St. Petersburg.

He probably wouldn't even be wearing a tie.
p0ZWf.gif

He'll be walking slo-mo down the beach in swim trunks.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Well, we don't know anything about Black Ops. Like, nothing at all. I guess you could wait until media comes out for that one.

Kad5

The main thing that I like about Goldeneye that black ops doesn't seem to have on the Wii is split-screen multiplayer.

We'll see which gets better reviews I guess.

Honestly I don't think you can go wrong either way between Goldeneye 007 Wii and Black Ops Wii. From everything I've seen and Eurocoms past work on Wii, Goldeneye looks to be a VERY solid product. We know very little about Black Ops but Treyarch has increased their effort on Wii COD's every year. Modern Warfare Reflex had all the features of the HD versions except spliscreen, voicechat, and the DLC maps. Black Ops is said to have all features...including online coop and voicechat (though I seriously doubt it will have splitscreen and theatre mode).

So yeah, can't go wrong either way, but if I had to choose one between the two... I'd go for Goldeneye. Not only cause I think it will be better, but because an projects like this should be supported. Black Ops (even the Wii version) will sell regardless.

Effect

Serenade said:
Well, we don't know anything about Black Ops. Like, nothing at all. I guess you could wait until media comes out for that one.

I was going with Black Ops after deciding not to get GoldenEye but rethinking things I just canceled my pre-order for Black Ops and put in my order for GoldenEye. The $20 credit from Fable 3 and getting a dvd copy of GoldenEye helps of course. I have a copy but have no clue where it's at. I'm still somewhat worried about the number of players online and possibly not being able to use the modifiers online outside of friend codes. The type of game modes online however look fun and I am most interested in the new story as I'm a Bond fan in general and this and Blood Stone seem to be getting good story treatment. Blood Stone will have to wait however. I'm generally more a fan of spy or secret agent stories then military ones.

What is really tipping things for me is the complete lack of information on the Wii version of Black Ops. No confirmation of anything just some vague statements that they will try to include as much as possible. Also that you'll be surprised it's on the Wii. With GoldenEye I know what I'm getting even though there might be some unknowns when it comes to all the online features.

I've accepted that GoldenEye is what Activision feels is important on the Wii and that importance hopefully means the quality and care will be there.

I do still want Black Ops as Treyarch I think will continue to produce good work on the Wii but to much of an unknown at the moment when it comes to choosing at this very moment. Went through that with Modern Warfare Reflex and don't like going through it again. Hopefully this won't be the case with their next game but the current situation is costing them a sale at the moment from and I'll most likely get it used in the future.

Penguin

jamesinclair said:
The fuck, theres a DS game....and n-space is doing it!?!

When was that announced?

Ironically, the DS is also getting a version of Blood Stone so it will be the only console with both Bond games. :lol

Effect

The GoldenEye mode seems to be similar to CoD's Domination mode. From what I can gather from the video clip on IGN whoever has the most consoles under their control 3 out of 5 it seems causes the satellite to move closer to the other teams icon. Comparable it seems to the points gained by locations being captured in CoD during Dom. I wonder if it actually fires in the end if the timer for the match doesn't run out.

I'm way more excited for the Wii version of Goldeneye than the DS version of Goldeneye, yet I just preordered Goldeneye DS just to get the preorder bonus...the Goldeneye DVD.

I just can't decide where to preorder Goldeneye Wii from. Bestbuy Or Gamestop. I want both modes! What do you guys think?

Penguin

Rush2thestart said:
I'm way more excited for the Wii version of Goldeneye than the DS version of Goldeneye, yet I just preordered Goldeneye DS just to get the preorder bonus...the Goldeneye DVD.

I just can't decide where to preorder Goldeneye Wii from. Bestbuy Or Gamestop. I want both modes! What do you guys think?

Why not pre-order Goldeneye from Amazon and get the DVD. And the mode unlocks at the end of the year/level 30 I thought?

Penguin said:
Why not pre-order Goldeneye from Amazon and get the DVD. And the mode unlocks at the end of the year/level 30 I thought?

Well I want as much as the preorder bonuses as possible, so I just got the DS version from Amazon so I could get the DVD. I'm going to get the Wii version Day 1 too, but I don't know which preorder bonus sounds most appealing.

This is the first I'm hearing of the modes being unlocked at level 30...

If true, I'll just go with Walmart and get the Cheaters shirt.

I'll be getting mine from Kmart, believe it or not. They are giving a second classic controller away when you buy the deluxe edition there.

DSmalls84 said:
I'm thinking of using my Amazon credit to get this for free. When is the embargo up for reviews?

I would like to know this too if anybody has the info.

Penguin

DSmalls84 said:
I'm thinking of using my Amazon credit to get this for free. When is the embargo up for reviews?

I know IGN said their review would be up on Monday.

No other site seems to be really covering this game.

I'm watching the ign multiplayer videos, and while I still think single player is the really interesting part of this game, it is looking alright.

and can you turn off the snap to aiming with pointer controls? it looks really off-putting. I don't know if the CoD Wii games did it also, but after all these years, suddenly both this and Killzone 3 are using this unnecessary aim assist for pointer controls. It's weird.

Mael

Great title :lol
welp until next week!
Also would it be too much to ask for a little text version of the OT,
I mean for us at work with a filter the first post is basically a blank post...

Jubbly

Is there a thread for Bloodstone? All the online stores say it's coming out at the same time for PC, X360, PS3, but I've seen no trailers, hype, or advertising, and I find it hard to believe that Bizarre Creations have made a stinker.

Sadist

First review read!

Dutch [N]Gamer gives Goldeneye a 8.5 Two guys reviewed it.

Pro's: finally, we can play as Bond again! The singleplayer is good, the multiplayer is extremely addictive. This game will keep you busy for a long time.

Con's: Graphicly not always as good. Singleplayer at times has to much "standard" shooting sequences and some fans may not like the new additions.

Conclusion: Excellent Bond game and a good Wii FPS, both things the Wii was in dire need off. The updates make it very interesting voor veteran and newcomers alike. Not as legendary as the original, but we really reccomend it.

Review tidbits:

- Graphics are good, but at times the framerate takes a dive like in the original game. Some areas are gorgeous (like Severnaya) but the Spanish nightclub has dancing people which don't look to hot. Lighting in this games is great and the interface is good as well.

- Several gadgets are not as cool. Whoopie, a smartphone. Expected more from James Bond, the gadget spy. But shooting stuff is the primary goal and it works like a charm. But, after the fantastic remake of the Dam level, it becomes more of an "shoot stuff and go on though" kind of game. But, there is the possibillity to sneak around for stealth.

- Updated story is at times different.

- Diffilculty of the game is very pleasing.

- Detail their multiplayer games, are very positive about. As addictive as the original.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The multi-player features of this sound very appealing. Especially since barely any FPS thesedays have 4-player split-screen mode.:/

Also am i correct to assume the game has bots?

A.CHAP

Banned
Lafiel said:
The multi-player features of this sound very appealing. Especially since barely any FPS thesedays have 4-player split-screen mode.:/

Also am i correct to assume the game has bots?

Both of these things should be standard in my book but i dont think there are any bots in this game.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Ugh, just watched clips of the multiplayer. Looks like it's solidly in the Call of Duty mold, with little trace of what made Goldeneye's multiplayer unique. Why would I bother with a CoD clone when I can get the real thing (which I'm not even particularly interested in)?

I'm also concerned about those review comments. The Dam level video looked really cool but apparently that's the only unique part of the game.

I'm now very skeptical.

Mael

A.CHAP said:
Both of these things should be standard in my book but i dont think there are any bots in this game.

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Effect

Has there been any sign or comment showing that Activision is actually going to promote this and treat it's release as if it were a normal PS3 or 360 game? By that I mean actually do some meaningful advertising that isn't at midnight? Something that actually shows off the game in order to actually play on people's nostalgia of GoldenEye and/or love(enjoyment) of Bond?

Or even after all this work does it look like it will simply be released with no other effort?

Chairman Yang said:
Ugh, just watched clips of the multiplayer. Looks like it's solidly in the Call of Duty mold, with little trace of what made Goldeneye's multiplayer unique. Why would I bother with a CoD clone when I can get the real thing (which I'm not even particularly interested in)?

If you read the Nintendo.co.uk interview - for some reason they decided to make Online Multiplayer different to Local Multiplayer with the exception of Golden Gun Mode. The team modes etc are deliberately different for Online Multi... I don't know why really, I think it would have had a better niche taking the paintball modes etc online.

But anyway, the point is - Local Multiplayer is more like what you expected.

Davey Cakes

I'm always left wondering what ever happened to bots.

I can sit here and boot up one of the Quake games (some which are over a decade old) on my shitty PC and play with bots whenever I like. Yet, a lot of games these days omit bots.

A bit strange, that's all.

onken

Rash said:
I'm always left wondering what ever happened to bots.

I can sit here and boot up one of the Quake games (some which are over a decade old) on my shitty PC and play with bots whenever I like. Yet, a lot of games these days omit bots.

A bit strange, that's all.

To be fair Quake 1/2 didn't have bots officially, only through mods. But yeah, I love bots to flesh out a game if there's only 2-3 of you.

Mael

onken said:
To be fair Quake 1/2 didn't have bots officially, only through mods. But yeah, I love bots to flesh out a game if there's only 2-3 of you.

Let's be real here, I mean Perfect Dark on the n64 had bots!
If anything it should be a given that a remake of the precursor to that game had bots

How does online work for this game? Do you have to manuelly enter friend codes or something??

Sadist said:
- Graphics are good, but at times the framerate takes a dive like in the original game. Some areas are gorgeous (like Severnaya) but the Spanish nightclub has dancing people which don't look to hot. Lighting in this games is great and the interface is good as well.

:lol

Top Bottom