• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoldenEye 007 Reloaded (Activision) - Amazon.fr Says Xbox 360/PS3

Goldeneye Wii is really good so I'm down for this. I'd be excited if it ended up being the Wii game on other platforms (or at least PC)

balladofwindfishes said:
Didn't Nintendo put in substantial effort into helping Activision and even published this in Japan?

I doubt it's leaving Nintendo consoles any time soon.
I heard that Nintendo was just 'thanked' in the credits so that negates any ownership.

As for the publishing, could it be a Ninja Gaiden/Sigma deal, where the game is slightly dfferent so Nintendo doesn't need to approve of the port?

Disguises

Rush2thestart said:
Oh God, I'm so excited. One of my favorite singleplayer campaigns of this gen.
I might have to agree with you there. I didn't know it at the time, but looking back - it was really good. Maybe it helped that my expectations were not that high, but nevertheless, it really was a great game.
I might have to go and try and complete Classic mode difficulty!

Hell I don't care which console it comes to as long as they improve the online ranking system and give you the option to have private matches with fully customizable rulesets, I'm in.

I absolutely loved the Wii Version, and allthough the game would severely suffer from being limited to dual analog sticks in a theoretical 360 version (PS3 has Move), I would probably buy it again for an improved online system.

xandaca

Interesting. The Wii game reportedly sold comfortably over a million and trounced Blood Stone, so it's no surprise Activision want to return to the well. However, since I can't see how they'd tell the same story AGAIN, this is either going to be an HD port of the Wii game - perhaps Nintendo's permissions don't extend to an original game with the GE name - or something to do with the original game, which would be surprising in itself considering how completely immovable Nintendo tend to be on allowing 'their' games on competitors' consoles. Would be awesome to have the original game with pointer controls though, pretty much my gaming nirvana. Possibly with a few enhancements, like being able to visit the Dam island, play the Citadel multiplayer map and investigate the Silo rocket, etc?

In case you hadn't guessed, the original is my all-time fave. Twin RCPs for the win.

Disguises

Jocchan said:
More than Brosnan, it needs Sean Bean back.
YES. I don't like the awfully generic Trevelyan we got in the Wii version :/. Sean Bean would have fit back in perfectly.

Anyway, I really hope it's a 3DS version. Like someone else has said, they just need to improve the online mode a bit (add custom matches and such) and we'd be gold.

Also, "Reloaded" definitely sounds like a port than a new game.

trinest

I'm not sure if I would buy a 3DS version. Well I probably would, but what value does that give me when I looked at the Wii one, played it all (okay most of it) and found it a disucsting cashin which doesn't represent Goldeneye one bit.

However a new Goldeneye is always good news.

EatChildren said:
If it is the latter, I hope people buy it. I've said it before and I'll say it again; I was extremely cynical about the remake for nearly the entirety of its development. What we ended up with was one of the best Bond games ever made. Fantastic level design, varied gameplay, solid shooting, a true 'evolution' of the stealth style of the original GoldenEye, great production values, and a faithful adaptaion of GoldenEye for a modern age and a Craig Bond.

Its legitimately one of the most solid single player shooters of this generation.

Well said. I was very much in the same boat, and ended up loving the campaign, which I also did with the original Goldeneye. There were very few ways they could make that game and have me love it afterward, and they succeeded.

MrMephistoX

canadian crowe said:
Hmmm, I'd imagine HD ports. Wasn't the wii version rumored to be a timed exclusive?

The PS3 would be a shoe in with Move support but I'd be kind of curious to see a remake with an optional Kinect mode.

FyreWulff

It's probably a 3DS or a Wii U release. Any Bond game based directly off the Goldeneye movie is almost a de-facto Nintendo property from all the money they've spent bringing both the versions to market.

Yes, there's only two. What is this Rogue Agent you're talking about?

I cant see them releasing an HD port. Nintendo is publishing Goldeneye 007 Wii in Japan.

Anyway, when do you guys think this game will hit? This year?

Sounds more like a HD version of the Wii game, since that's what "reloaded" seems to imply.

It may have a better and larger community if the game does come to the 360/PS3. Could be cool.

Or it could be a 3DS port.

heringer

EatChildren said:
If it is the latter, I hope people buy it. I've said it before and I'll say it again; I was extremely cynical about the remake for nearly the entirety of its development. What we ended up with was one of the best Bond games ever made. Fantastic level design, varied gameplay, solid shooting, a true 'evolution' of the stealth style of the original GoldenEye, great production values, and a faithful adaptaion of GoldenEye for a modern age and a Craig Bond.

Its legitimately one of the most solid single player shooters of this generation.
7.5'd!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
crap, this just reminded me I need to still finish Goldeneye on Wii, over halfway through and it was brilliant, but got distracted and haven't finished

kodt said:
What should happen:

1. Goldeneye 007 (N64 version) re-mastered in 3D for 3DS with online play.
2. Goldeneye 007 released on Wii VC
3. Nintendo allows Microsoft to release Goldeneye XBLA remake

I'd die for GoldenEye getting treatment like Ocarina,...

But on the topic of GoldenEye, was the Wii version any good? I love GoldenEye but can't see changes being beneficial, but might be worth playing for me anyway..!

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Rush2thestart said:
I cant see them releasing an HD port. Nintendo is publishing Goldeneye 007 Wii in Japan.

Anyway, when do you guys think this game will hit? This year?

Microsoft published Ninja Gaiden 2, then it came out later on other consoles as Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma 2 or whatever.

OMG Aero

XPE said:
I don’t think its the name, I think its something stupid like the level design and the code for the game Nintendo owns.

If the do port it to the 3DS i hope they put in some of the classic levels from the Goldeneye 64, they were the only things missing from the wii version.

Edit: I think Goldeneye sold more than a million copys from what i can remember.
Actually I think it's Rare that owns some of the level design and that's why there aren't any straight up remakes of levels in the Wii game.

dacuk

kodt said:
What should happen:

1. Goldeneye 007 (N64 version) re-mastered in 3D for 3DS with online play.
2. Goldeneye 007 released on Wii VC
3. Nintendo allows Microsoft to release Goldeneye XBLA remake

What would Nintendo win from this?

Sagitario

erlim said:
Microsoft published Ninja Gaiden 2, then it came out later on other consoles as Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma 2 or whatever.

Microsoft also published Mass Effect 1, where is the PS3 version?

The point is... well, there is no point.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
DownLikeBCPowder said:
I'd die for GoldenEye getting treatment like Ocarina,...

But on the topic of GoldenEye, was the Wii version any good? I love GoldenEye but can't see changes being beneficial, but might be worth playing for me anyway..!
It was fantastic.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
DoctorWho said:
That could have been for the next movie game.

Can't be a movie...

OO7onE32011.jpg

I believe this is a screenshot of the games that support Move.

That picture is in reference to games that will support Move, I believe. Doesnt really say anything either way, other than the Bond franchise will have Move support.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
FyreWulff said:
LBP2 is already out. So the 007 there is referencing Bloodstone, if anything.

Bloodstone doesn't support Move.

antonz

Doesnt Nintendo have some legal lock on Goldeneye. Activision had to work with Nintendo just to make the new game as far as I know. Nintendo has the rights to make games based on "Goldeneye"

Top Bottom