• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google I/O 2015 |OT| Other M

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I still like my Nex4 but if those rumors about a new Nexus phone are true I'll probably get that as soon as I'll be able to buy ;_; Please be true
and affordable

snacknuts

we all knew her
What's with all the Lollipop shitting in this thread? Are people really having that much trouble with it? I've had three different phones with Lollipop (LG G2, Moto X, Galaxy S6) and it's been fine on all of them.

I love I/O. It's like early Christmas.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
What's with all the Lollipop shitting in this thread? Are people really having that much trouble with it? I've had three different phones with Lollipop (LG G2, Moto X, Galaxy S6) and it's been fine on all of them.

I have found out, that people hate every update. Everything Google/Android/OEMs do, is the worst thing ever and they "make it worse with each update/product."

My source: the official Android thread in the community forum.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

I love Lollipop. So much better than everything Android before it imho. Can't wait for what they come up with next.

JordanKZ

Lollipop was/is pretty bug ridden. Play Services is getting real, real bad on battery life usage. People are starting to get a little pissed as they move from Kitkat. Hey, its understandable in some ways, y'know? Apps killing themselves in the background.

All I want from tomorrow, and I know we're not going to get it... is a new Nexus 5 from LG. Seriously. I mean, I've seen the leaks, but I think its probably not going to be shown tomorrow.

M seems to be coming in pretty hot too.

Admodieus

I feel like there will be a heavy emphasis on wearables and auto tomorrow. There was an Android Wear/Google Play Services update a while back allowing for your phone to connect to multiple Android Wear devices...I feel like that is a huge sign. Probably Glass 2.0 or some sort of VR/AR as well but it'll hook into your phone as a wearable device.

Timing also seems right for auto as a bunch of Android auto reviews just hit and it's part of the new Hyundai Sonata.

Other than that, I hope we get some concrete information on the Nexus program, some tidbits on Android M, and a surprise or two, perhaps related to Chromebooks.

Husker86

Second year in a row that I didn't get selected to go; I said "fuck it" and took tomorrow and Friday off of work so I can "remotely" attend. I needed some time off anyway...I don't take enough. Will be nice to have a couple full days to work on my app and watch I/O. Though I'm afraid it will end up that I sleep in far too late and waste my time watching Hulu or something for two days.

Fingerprint integration and Android Pay are what I'm excited about. Anything to get payment tech moving forward, though Apple likely has a far bigger effect on that. Love the fingerprint reader on my iPhone 6 and Galaxy S6, so having it built into Android makes me excited that there will be GOOD readers in most future phones.

saunderez

I have found out, that people hate every update. Everything Google/Android/OEMs do, is the worst thing ever and they "make it worse with each update/product."

So true. As far as I'm concerned if you didn't use Donut/Eclair (or even earlier builds) you don't know what the worst thing ever is as far as Android is concerned. Lollipop is the slickest, most stable OS in the world compared to what I put up with when I got my first Android device.

Hasney

Pretty sure if there's any hints of Moto 360 2, it won't be shown off in the keynote. Maybe a new Android Wear feature might sneak in that requires new hardware so it ends up being talked about at a long shot, but it's going to be mostly M.

Hoping to be proved wrong though. They've got until the end of I/O before I grab a G Watch R.

Avtomat

Its got to be the least hyped IO I have seen.
Maybe its in my head but I remember other Google IO events having generated much more anticipation.

Hasney

Maybe its in my head but I remember other Google IO events having generated much more anticipation.

Not really. I think there was some hype around one where Glass was relevant, but there's barely ever any pre-empt. At least none I've noticed.

Kuros

If a new nexus phone existed and was going to be shown there would have been blurry cam leaks for ages leading up to I/O.

It, or they, will be out in November.

jwk94

Yeah, it's awful on my GS5. Just look at some of the other threads on here. My phone is slow, it freezes, locks itself when I've just unlocked it, and worst of all, the texting app says that conversations aren't available periodically which requires me to restart my phone.

stef t97

Yeah, it's awful on my GS5. Just look at some of the other threads on here. My phone is slow, it freezes, locks itself when I've just unlocked it, and worst of all, the texting app says that conversations aren't available periodically which requires me to restart my phone.

That surely can't be a lollipop thing right? I've had 3 phones on lollipop and not encountered anything like that. Or any big issues for that matter.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Give me an M preview for my Nexus 6 today and I'll be happy. I'm also excited to see new Android Wear stuff.

Hasney

Thinking that a Moto 360 2 might be spotted at the keynote if they talk about Android Pay. Rumours are swirling about getting that in the next wave of wearables specifically for that, even though there's the Sony watch that can already do this.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Thinking that a Moto 360 2 might be spotted at the keynote if they talk about Android Pay. Rumours are swirling about getting that in the next wave of wearables specifically for that, even though there's the Sony watch that can already do this.
Sony watch is the best hardware, no doubt. NFC, GPS. No heart tracker but those are rubbish for real use.

Polari

Maybe, I'm not sure why though. They have a ton of neat stuff in development. The OP has a pretty formidable list and doesn't even touch on self-driving cars, Chrome OS, their work on robotics, Project Wing (drone delivery), Android TV or their life sciences division.

Hasney

I just bought a Nexus 6 last week, so don't announce anything way better plz.

They'll more than likely have 808 or 810 CPUs, so they couldn't be way better by default. Even the MediaTek isn't way better than an 805 and Intel phones are still eh. You're safe for another year!

You're safe for another year!

Awaevel.gif

This is the damn truth. It's incredibly annoying when hands down, Lollipop is the best android update ever.

Hasney

I love Lollipop, but since they haven't fixed the memory bug yet, people with under 3GB of RAM have legitimate complaints. They mitigated it in 5.1, but I still need to reboot every few days or get a slightly sluggish phone with UI redraws coming out of the ass.

I don't normally flash dev previews, but I might make an exception for M if it has that one bug fixed. I'll take app crashes over the memory leak.

malyce

This is the damn truth. It's incredibly annoying when hands down, Lollipop is the best android update ever.

WAKELOCKS, WAKELOCKS, WAKELOCKS FOR EVERYONE!!!

Best update? Yeah..no, but in a few hours we'll all forget about it again, because Googy is gonna show us something new and shiny that's gonna come with even more newer shinier bugs. YAY!

JordanKZ

Google Play Services is WAY too aggressive with its wake locks and that's kind of the problem. They need to control that thing if they're going to keep adding new features to it and the fact that it's a requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom