• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Stadia fans are excitedly guessing what a mysterious 'Project Hailstorm' could be

Jeeves

Google Stadia fans
Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

While Google Stadia fans are excited about the mysterious Project Hailstorm, the rest of the world are wondering what the Wu-Tang mysterious fuck is Google Stadia...

Fredrik

Normally hailstorms aren’t something you’re excited for...

But I’m guessing that this is the android TV update where Stadia comes to everyone with an android TVs without plugging in a chromecast.

Or it’ll be a service modification, all Pro games released so far comes to all users new and old.

Or maybe it’s just a game where you’re trying to survive a hailstorm?

Last edited:

DESTROYA

Only thing thing to come from hailstorms are ruined crops and broken windshields , not really something you want to associate with.

Rikkori

It's really disappointing how little they do with this service. It's like they're in no hurry at all, I just don't get it.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Who cares about a muti billion dollar company that can't even be bothered to support the very hardware that is ideally suited to support thier own product. (Google tv)

There is zero excuse for them not supporting this day one.

Also, they clearly could care less about stadia succeeding, or it collosally mismanaged.
They coukd be selling Google tv with a controller and 3 months free stadia for $50 and still break even. This would get them a user base large enough that developers might give a crap. It could be in every store, selling millions of units.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
If it really is launching an app on all google tv and andriod tv platforms, its a step in the right direction but still somewhat crippled if it doesn't support xbox and ps controllers.
Most people simply won't invest $69 for just a Google controller.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
I'm correcting the title of this news:

Google Stadia fan* is* excitedly guessing what a mysterious 'Project Hailstorm' could be​

i

Cloud fanboy here ! ;)

Project Heil Storm ?

Don't give a shit... :(

But interested in Google or Amazon next acquisitions. EA, Activision, Take 2, whatever...

I just want to drink your bloody tears, console fanboys ha ha ha ;)

Fat Frog

It began... Already 30 pages of tears ha ha ha.

"anyone but google and amazon"

"That fucking sucks. Stop taking games away from people."

"Can these mega corporations just stop and not ruin video games?"

Soon on gaf ;)

Bryank75

Banned

Soon on gaf ;)
It'll be hilarious when these companies spend billions and billions and see fucking nothing of a return on investment.

If Google or Amazon even bought TakeTwo and Capcom, I still wouldn't pay for one month of subscription. I am absolutely happy on PlayStation and the games that matter most to me are never going to be on Luna or Gamepass or any other glorified rental service.

They will eventually shut down all the developers they buy and hold the IP's hostage for the rest of time.

driqe

Soon on gaf ;)
GTA VI STADIA EXCLUSIVE?!?!?!?!!!1111//?/

Fat Frog

It'll be hilarious when these companies spend billions and billions and see fucking nothing of a return on investment.

If Google or Amazon even bought TakeTwo and Capcom, I still wouldn't pay for one month of subscription. I am absolutely happy on PlayStation and the games that matter most to me are never going to be on Luna or Gamepass or any other glorified rental service.

They will eventually shut down all the developers they buy and hold the IP's hostage for the rest of time.
On GFN and Stadia you don't need to pay a sub.

Bryank75

Banned
On GFN and Stadia you don't need to pay a sub.
It's not even that, I just do all my gaming on PlayStation and always have a secondary Nintendo.

I mean this whole streaming / subscription thing is like asking PC gamers to all move to console.....

I was under the impression that GFN was a PC thing?

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Anyone from Alberta with stadia able to weigh in on it here? I want to try it but won't till it's cheaper as I have zero faith in Google to maintain it so I want to pay as little as possible

Interfectum

Soon on gaf ;)
You cling to one thread of tears while there are hundreds with your ilk port begging, whining about lack of players and generally defending services the mainstream audience couldn’t give two shits about.

K... :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom