• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOP Poised To Strip Medically Necessary Care For Transgender Troops (Up: Defeated)

Slayven

Btw the economics of trans rights caused the most significant win for the Democrats in the 2016 election cycle.

But sure throw us under the bus
And minorities know, once you throw one of us under the bus, the rest will soon follow..
This can't surely csnt cost enough to remotely warrant being reviewed as a cost cutting measure.

Unless you have an ulterior motive of course.

They're so against trans they'd literally go after those in military service?

That is the story of america, they will vote shoot themselves in the foot as long as the "other" is getting it worse

EGM1966

And minorities know, once you throw one of us under the bus, the rest will soon follow..

That is the story of america, they will vote shoot themselves in the foot as long as the "other" is getting it worse
To be fair I think you see that in some other countries too but it's damn sad to see in all cases.

For some reason i find it stands out more in cases like this: thanks for serving others/your country - now let's take a dump on you because you're still a minority we dislike/fear.

This is sad, but legitimately how many soldiers wouls this affect? Roughly 6,000 out of 1.5 million.

I feel like we read so much about trans rights relative to the enormous harm the GOP are doing (for example) to 10s of millions of poor Americans. This is a tiny problem, and it turns average people off when the Left chooses to focus on it.
The left didn't choose to focus on anything here. They ain't the ones that introduced this bill.

Also, right's right and wrong's wrong. That remains so regardlesd of the numbers. I mean, you could also say the same exact thing for any number of rare illnesses or conditions, no matter how threatening or debilitating. "Oh, that's so sad that you have that disease, but what 6000 people have it? Too much focus for something so small; just let it go cause it will turn people off if you focus on it too much."

But of course no one ever say anything like that or would ever question say some rare form of cancer or whatever being covered and would rightly be upset if that were attempted to be stripped away, and wouldn't be all "oh, that silly left, focusing too much on small problems and turning people off by focusing so much on them." It would never play out like that. Or fuck, what about appendicitis? Can't imagine there are that many more cases of that each year--if a hypothetical bill to strip funding for that were to be proposed would anyone actually be all "oh, the stupid left is just making too much of a small thing" to try and shut it down or dismiss it? Hell no they wouldn't, 'cause that's bullshit logic there and it's bullshit logic here. Right's right and wrong's wrong regardless of numbers.

So since numbers clearly are ABSOLUTELY NOT at the heart if this (unless you admit that people shouldn't focus too much on such a hypothetical piece of legislation in order to maintain your consistency), what is? What is at the heart of this that makes this so much different than that, since there shouldn't be a goddamn thing at all since this is vital life-saving treatment for these transgender individuals just as chemotherapy and the like is for cancer patients. There's absolutely zero difference in the necessity.

If you really think it's sad, then have some goddamn conviction in your beliefs. After all, what's the point of even having those beliefs in the first place if we don't? Unless you turn those beliefs into actual action, your no different from he ones committing the action you claim to find so "sad." If it's really so sad, then why wouldn't you fight to stop it? Why would you just roll over and let it happen and say we should just focus on something else and treat it like it's a tiny problem if it's truly so sad? Those certainly don't seem like the actions of someone who truly finds it that sad at all.

I repeat, what's the point of having those convictions if you're not willing to back them up with action? You might believe differently from them in your head, but when push comes to shove if all you do is roll over and let them do whatever the hell they want cause we're apparently focusing too much on the wrong things and making too much of a big deal out of nothing, then what's really different from you actively having been in their side from the beginning? Because from where I'm standing there isn't one. The result is exactly the same. The only difference there is between the two is removed when there's no action to back up those beliefs.

Take a moment to think about that. I mean that seriously and sincerely. Take a moment to think about the difference between you and them with the position you hold in this post. Because when you refuse to back up the convictions to hold, you remove any meaningful one. If you truly find this sad how could you possibly roll over and just sat people are focusing too much on tiny problems? That breaks my mind. And if you truly believe that, then think about the difference between that position and if you were actively fighting to get this stuff removed yourself? Because the result's the same, so I'm not seeing a meaningful one. I ask that you sincerely do that and try. Please.

Of course, I know better than that. Your post history speaks for itself in regards to matter like this. Numerous people have tried to be reasonable with you before and appeal to you using logic or reason. But no matter how many people try, you either just find some way to worm your way out of their arguments using evasive pleasantries and sympathies, or entirely brush then off and ignore them, only to come back to another thread like this and do the same. So that being the case, to hell using reason with you. It's clearly with fuck all anyway.

You're just a bigot through and through. You're just too much of a coward to actually ever owe up to it and are clever enough to cover it up with pleasantries and kindnesses and avoid ever saying anything quite too much to mostly skirt the banhammer and manage to stick around. But that doesn't change what you are. No matter how clever you think your being, we see you and know exactly what you are. Fuck you. Fuck you to hell, you pathetic coward who can't even admit what you are, perhaps not even to yourself. Fuck you.

And I do realize that I'm going to be caping a ban for this post, and you'll be just fine. But it'll be worth every second of it. Know why? 'Cause at least I have the conviction to speak up, say what's on my mind, defend my beliefs, and stand up for what I know is right, and that makes every bit of it worth it.

Can you really say the same? Cause I don't think you can, regardless of whether this quoted post of your's reflects your true feelings or not. I mean, if it's the truth, then you've admitted to lacking the conviction to actually stand for your beliefs because if a problem is too small or turns other people off, you apparently lose the will to fight, regardless of whether it's truly tight to do so and something you actively believe in. And if this post does not reflect your honest feelings then we'll, you spilling out that dribble instead if your honest beliefs speaks for itself. Either way your lack of self-confidence, self-assuredness, and conviction is evident. Especially if you can't actually answer my challenge above and look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself what really makes you different from those who do want to carry this stuff out, if all you say is true. Whereas mine remains intact and us worn in my sleeve.

That aside, have a nice day and take care. Bye.

In the US, where people cannot even afford to go to a regular check-up, let alone get their cancer treated, if you are in military, you get a hormone treatment, that is only required form a psychological point of view? I guess, when you get sick, best thing is to join military asap.

Oh, I thought we were talking the god Yahweh who asks for homosexuals to be killed by the stone. Which one are we actually discussing?
Everything I've said above goes for you too. Seen you in dozens of GamerGate and Sarkeesian and gaming/feminism threads and the like, with the same schtick every time and probably will for dozens more. We see you and know exactly what you are, no matter how clever or subtle you think you are about hiding it. It all speaks for itself--what you choose to focus on and what you don't. And reason never works, and you come back for more. So consider the above as well. Either you're a coward because you refuse to defend what you claim to truly believe with your full conviction, or you're a coward because you're unable to admit what you truly believe to begin with. Either way, you're a coward. 'Else, you can get fucked as well cause I have no time to water on futile games otherwise.

Yayate

In the US, where people cannot even afford to go to a regular check-up, let alone get their cancer treated, if you are in military, you get a hormone treatment, that is only required form a psychological point of view? I guess, when you get sick, best thing is to join military asap.

It's a fucking job that provides medical benefits. Maybe these benefits should be universal, but as it right now, it's just like any other job that provides medical benefits.

Just be honest about what you want to say. Go on. Do it.

Top Bottom