• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOP senator suggests brain tumor affected McCain health care vote

Link here.

AP said:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson has suggested fellow Republican Sen. John McCain’s brain tumor and the after-midnight timing of the vote were factors in McCain’s decisive vote against the GOP health care bill.

Johnson’s comments in a radio interview Tuesday with AM560 “Chicago’s Morning Answer” drew a response from McCain spokeswoman Julie Tarallo. She said, “it is bizarre and deeply unfortunate that Senator Johnson would question the judgment of a colleague and friend.”

Johnson said in the interview McCain had “a brain tumor right now. That vote occurred at 1:30 in the morning. Some of that might have factored in.”

Quite the (baseless) accusation.

Camwi

That dipshit has done fucking nothing for the people of Wisconsin, and yet idiots voted him back in again over Russ fucking Feingold.

RMI

Banned
yeah i'm thinking maybe it made him realize that he only has a very short time to cement a positive legacy and not go down as a doddering old fool who was doing his hardest to kill poor people by denying them access to healthcare. SO YEAH, maybe his tumor did have something to do with it.

Of course, if he had voted in favor of the bill, that would have totally been his own good judgment and not in any way related to his brain tumor.

Even if it did, which it didn't, they are the ones who rushed him back in so they could ram through their shitty bill, so no matter what it's still their fault.

This guy a doctor?

Johnson is a dick.

FB04VCg.gif

It's always something when these rah rah love the troops Republican cocksuckers shit on McCain. You're a fucking senator just keep your mouth shut.

smurfx

get some go again
is john mccain religious? he might of been thinking of what comes after he passes away. you might vote with your conscious because you can't take your money with you to the after life.

The real shock is that Trump isn't the one who said it.

Well, he probably thought it, but didn't feel it was worth mentioning since it was so obvious to him, and he's said worse out loud anyways.

Didn't he say "losers don't become pows" or whatever. And that's from a dude that dodged the draft like neo because of shin splints, something a specialty sock can cure. Lmao SHIN SPLINTS

Tawpgun

I mean you can't take back a vote but if this GOP senator wants to impose term limits and maybe health and mental checks in order to be elected then I am all for it.

studyguy

Seemingly shocked, a radio host responded "really?" to Johnson's comments and asked if he really believed McCain's brain tumor might have factored into his judgment.

"Again, I-I-I don't know exactly what -- we really thought -- and again I don't want speak for any senator," Johnson responded. "I really thought he was going to vote yes to send that to conference at 10:30 at night. By about 1, 1:30, he voted no. So you have talk to John in terms what was on his mind."

Even the radio host was like hmmmmmmm

It did, it gave him a care in the world for his fellow human being and he realised it could happen to anyone.

Maybe they all need a horrible illness so this anti healthcare thing can be shot down or the foreseeable future?

Zolo

"Again, I-I-I don't know exactly what -- we really thought -- and again I don't want speak for any senator," Johnson responded. "I really thought he was going to vote yes to send that to conference at 10:30 at night. By about 1, 1:30, he voted no. So you have talk to John in terms what was on his mind."
This gives me joy.

Ferrio

Banned
Though this guy is just upset McCain voted in opposition, I do believe McCain should step down due to his medical issue. I've watched someone with a brain tumor slowly become a different person. No one noticed it really at first, at least no one said anything. In retrospec once we found out, it became very clear what was happening the whole time. She's free of cancer last time I heard, but she had to take an early retirement because her mental facilities just weren't there anymore. Only in her early 50s too :(

So why wasn't he concerned before the vote took place? No reason to question the mental capacity of a man you thought was going to vote your way, right?

This is exactly why McCain kept his intentions to himself.

Top Bottom