• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOP senator wrote a bill to protect Robert Mueller; Trump called to make him kill it

LycanXIII

giphy.webp

How was he the Face of that "feud?"

Zolo

He knows what he did was illegal, but he doesn't believe that he is in the wrong.

I feel this is the most accurate quote reflecting Trump's thoughts on this matter. He also thinks every one else has either done or would do it.

Trump's claim to fame was firing people on television and his firing of Comey escalated things ten fold and it's an email of all things that will be the linchpin that brings Trump down.

There's a special irony to all of this.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Have you seen his lawyers? Jay Sekulow is a basket case himself.

True story - I've met the douchebag. My first television job waaaaaay back was (hilariously, given I've always been an atheist) at a low-power fundamentalist christian tv station. We used to run a lawyer call-in show featuring some real whackjobs all tied into "protecting christians". You know the type.

Sekulow was on a few times. He was, to no surprise, a complete fucking asshole. And somewhat of a total moron, too.

Let me be the worrywart here- what makes this the last straw? I mean he's crossed so many lines but he's still got his support, even if those numbers are getting smaller. Is it that by firing Mueller his ratings will drop so far the GOP need to get away from his name? Because I keep worrying that there are enough fools that stick to him blindly that the only thing that'll sink him is something illegal and prosecutable.

He'll have fired the second bipartisan guy investigating him.

He knows what he did was illegal, but he doesn't believe that he is in the wrong.

Exactly.

I mean, guy is not mentally well. He also probably is the type of guy that says he's racist but doesn't see the problem in that.

theofficefan99

there's no doubt there's some skeletons in his closet (although it's pretty damning at this point as i'm sure Russia is involved in one form or another) but if he didn't want people to go looking for them, he shouldn't have run for a government position at the highest level.

The flaw of narcissism: you continue believing that you can get away with more and more things on a bigger scale. Then you fall. Hard. Trump's time will come.

Cerium

How can he even fire an "independent" investigator. Isn't that the definition of "independent"?

Only the Attorney General can fire the Special Prosecutor, but Trump is allowed to fire Attorney Generals until he finds one that'll do it for him.

Of course if he did so there would be an epic shitstorm.

This bill is meant to ensure that he won't be able to do that.

Our country is somewhat poorly designed.

I think the original idea was the most noble and selfless man would win the office of president. Anyone that fell short would be beaten, so there wasn't much need to protect against an idiot.
What they didn't anticipate was the system had another strange attractor: the most selfish foul immature treasonous liar could also end up as a winner. Whoops.

Oh lol the quotes

“There used to be a little thing right on his desk that looked like a phone — he pretended it was a phone — but it was actually a teleprompter where the producers were sending him notes,” said Aiken, who launched a failed House bid in North Carolina as a Democrat in 2014. “He didn't know that people were getting in fights during the week while we were doing these tasks, the producers did. And they'd send him notes and he'd say, ‘Oh you two didn't get along.’”

Aiken says, “It was very much, ‘I’m not a doctor, but I play one on TV.’”

Saying he thinks Trump is actually a “nice guy,” Aiken maintained he's “probably leading the country in the same way that he did ‘The Apprentice.’

Florida. You've messed up. You're out of touch. Florida...You're Fired.

Top Bottom