• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gorillaz-Humanz |OT| After All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atenhaus

LET ME OUT

134900-bubbles-oh-my-fuck-gif-Imgur-t-4eXu.gif

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Moonkid

I actually quite like the visual they use when a feature is missing, reminds me of the cover art a little bit. Call me crazy but I think I enjoy Let Me Out more seeing Mavis Staples 'sing' too. Can't wait to see everything live even if NZ might be last on the tour-run like last time.

AdanVC

So damn hyped for this I'm actually doing some humble illustrations of each member of the band I would like to share with y'all! I have only finished Noodle and Murdoc so far. Hope I can finish 2D and Rusell this weekend! I will get the album tomorrow on iTunes, looking forward to that!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ive only listened to about half in the car so far. gut reaction is 'good album!'

let me out is cool as hell

So damn hyped for this I'm actually doing some humble illustrations of each member of the band I would like to share with y'all! I have only finished Noodle and Murdoc so far. Hope I can finish 2D and Rusell this weekend! I will get the album tomorrow on iTunes, looking forward to that!

Damn, those are good man

Am I alone in thinking this isn't very good?

I loved the Demon Days and Plastic Beach albums, but for the most part this album sounds disappointing to me. Andromeda is great, but I'm sure radio will play it into the ground over the next few weeks.

Reknoc

So far I think I like it overall but I'm not in love with it just yet. It has its moments (heh) but I feel nothing is really standing out for me other than maybe Charger.

My favourite track is probably Out of Body which isn't even part of the album proper.

Catvoca

Banned

I loved the Demon Days and Plastic Beach albums, but for the most part this album sounds disappointing to me. Andromeda is great, but I'm sure radio will play it into the ground over the next few weeks.

Been a couple of people throughout the OT who haven't like it. Press reviews were average-good too. I've only listened to it once but I'm not liking it much at all.

-GJ-

I like it a lot, but I don't love it (yet). It's a great record, but I don't think I'll play it front to back a lot. There are some amazing one offs on here though. Strobelight is probably my favorite at the moment. Haven't listened to the Deluxe tracks yet though.

I feel like this album is doing too much in their songs, like there is no coherency throughout the album. Like they just threw in all the songs together and called it a day.
I need a few more days to see if I really like this album, cause so far it's been mediocre.

I feel like this album is doing too much in their songs, like there is no coherency throughout the album. Like they just threw in all the songs together and called it a day.
I need a few more days to see if I really like this album, cause so far it's been mediocre.

Eh I think it's sequenced pretty well. It does a good job of telling a story and is paced well.

Moonkid

Eh I think it's sequenced pretty well. It does a good job of telling a story and is paced well.
I think on a macro level it succeeds more than on a song-to-song basis. Every stretch from interlude to interlude is cohesive and overall from start to finish there's a notable journey but most of the time I wouldn't mind if songs were reshuffled within their segments.

I need to digest this, but I seriously think Humanz is their best album since Demon Days ( which, to me, is a rare masterpiece and will probably never be topped ). I really like the vibe here - party until you drop ( out of existence ).

I wasn't too keen on Halleluja Money first, for example, but my God does it work wonders when you play the album from beginning to end.

I've listened through it a few times now and I'm fucking loving it. A few of the songs didn't click at first but I've come to the conclusion that every song is great. Better than Plastic Beach in my opinion.

Yonafunu

After one full listen, I like it.

I think I'd like it even more with if it had more Damon.

also, I can't believe there are people that don't like Momentz, that song just screams Gorillaz.

DarkKyo

I've listened through it a few times now and I'm fucking loving it. A few of the songs didn't click at first but I've come to the conclusion that every song is great. Better than Plastic Beach in my opinion.

This is exactly what happened to me!

I think there are a few songs on Plastic Beach that are incredible standalone songs, but as a whole product/experience, Humanz as an album is superior and works better.

KeRaSh

After one full listen, I like it.

I think I'd like it even more with if it had more Damon.

also, I can't believe there are people that don't like Momentz, that song just screams Gorillaz.

Like I said earlier I can't really put my finger on it. I really like some parts individually but for some reason it doesn't really feel like the track comes together as a whole in my opinion. I've only listened to it 3-4 times so far so my opinion might change but right now I'd rate the track around the middle of the album.

Looks like this is already up on Google Play, going to have to hook my phone up to my speakers soon and listen through the whole thing. I doubt my CD will get here today, so I might as well.

You know, I don't mind paying a little extra to buy things directly from the band's website, but they to at least make sure they get stuff to you on release date, especially charging like $7 shipping. But, first world problems and all.

KeRaSh

Looks like this is already up on Google Play, going to have to hook my phone up to my speakers soon and listen through the whole thing. I doubt my CD will get here today, so I might as well.

You know, I don't mind paying a little extra to buy things directly from the band's website, but they to at least make sure they get stuff to you on release date, especially charging like $7 shipping. But, first world problems and all.

Yeah I've learned my lesson after ordering FFXV directly from SE just to buy it a second time digitally because the physical version came three fucking days late...
Digital all the way from now on.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

Are you in the US?

It seems like a lot of people ordering directly from the Gorillaz store are getting their music the day of release. My vinyl set is still on track to be delivered today.

Are you in the US?

It seems like a lot of people ordering directly from the Gorillaz store are getting their music the day of release. My vinyl set is still on track to be delivered today.

Yeah, but my Deluxe CD only shipped yesterday, and when I click on the tracking link it says no information available, so I'm not expecting it to get here today. When did your vinyl ship

FaintDeftone

I'm in love with this album. This may dethrone Demon Days for me and that album is in my top ten favorite albums of all-time. Plastic Beach had to grow on me before I fell in love with it but this album is pretty much instant love upon first listen. So glad Gorrilaz are back!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Yeah, but my Deluxe CD only shipped yesterday, and when I click on the tracking link it says no information available, so I'm not expecting it to get here today. When did your vinyl ship
Wednesday. They threw two Day shipping on it.

Mitch

Banned
Listened to this during my workout this morning and on the drive to work.

I definitely need another couple listens before I make final judgement, but damn is this a fine album.

Plasma

Banned

I'm feeling the same I listened to it on the way to work, I'm going to give it another listen though later on.

LucoLoss

Neo Member
I was too young to appreciate Gorillaz when they were in the spotlight, however I know some of their work and this feels better (no pun intended). Definitelly gonna listen to their previous albums to broaden my knowledge, I like this music, I can relate to it!

Trago

Just finished my first listen. There are some definite high points. Momentz, Submission, Saturnz Barz, Andromeda, Let Me Out, She's My Collar, and Hallelujah Money are awesome.

Maybe it's just me, but they really need to fall back with the collaborations. I had this same problem with Plastic Beach. Otherwise, solid album. For the future, I hope they go in a radically different direction though. Parts of this album feel similar to Plastic Beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom