• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got a new dog, but what's the breed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meet Casey
7BuIiYd.png

rXE0QJC.png

We got him from my wife's friend and the mom is an Australian Shepherd possibly Collie mix. We have no idea on the breed of the dad, but based on the other pups(sorry no pictures) we believed it to be a Lab. Some of the families that took the other pups, were told they were a lab mix. My wife's friend said one of the families had a pup tested? My wife took him to get his shots today and they said they think he's a part boxer. Anyways what do you guys think? He's about 11 weeks old btw and 16lbs.

boxer and maybe some german shepherd

actually looking again, he has such a focused stare, and the ears look like my aussie.

boxer/aussie/shepherd/[lab?]

Yeah the more I look at pics online probably Box/Shepherd mix, but defiantly not 50/50. There's probably some lab in the mix. One of the pups turned out pure white, I wish I had a picture.

JoeBoy101

Boxer/pit is my guess. Gorgeous dog.

But probably a bit more, as my vet said about ours once, 'a little bit of all the neighborhood.'

I'm really curious about what he will weigh. The vet wanted my wife to put him on large breed puppy food and is already talking about hip dysplasia.

Haha. He looks very similar to my dog. His mom was Australian shepherd and his dad was a boxer mix.

Bowser.jpg

Cool how much does he weigh?

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Looking at those feet, that's gonna be one big ass dog. Go ahead and buy a shit shovel. You're gonna need it.

We got him from my wife's friend and the mom is an Australian Shepherd possibly Collie mix. We have no idea on the breed of the dad, but based on the other pups(sorry no pictures) we believed it to be a Lab. Some of the families that took the other pups, were told they were a lab mix. My wife's friend said one of the families had a pup tested? My wife took him to get his shots today and they said they think he's a part boxer. Anyways what do you guys think? He's about 11 weeks old btw and 16lbs.

Are you sure about that? He looks nothing like an Australian Shepherd or Collie.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Boxer and German Shepherd is definite. But there's another mix that could possibly be Rottweiler (the muscular legs and chest are an obvious trait of this).

You won't be able to tell until he grows up in about...ohhh...4 days. Hahaha.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
That's what I'm thinking/afraid of.

Its ok. I have a bullmastiff. You just gotta plan ahead. Just make sure he doesn't leave anything on the lawn or someone else's lawn, or the lawn guy will hate your ass.

GaryD

Haha. He looks very similar to my dog. His mom was Australian shepherd and his dad was a boxer mix.

Bowser.jpg

Holy crap your dog is like the twin of my mut Chase. Does he his forehead crinkle when he's concentrating? Any other pics?

IISANDERII

So you can prepare for potential diseases and genetic issues related to your breed of dog later in life?
this is what i'm talking about, why must certain breeds of dog get better healthcare than others? It's discrimination and should be challenged in court. I hope they get sued the shit out of them.

Very weird because my dog look just like that when we got her as a puppy. We named her...Kaci.

She's a boxer-husky mix. Yours is definitely boxer-something.

dubc35

You can send out for a DNA test that will give you the breeds that make up Casey. One of my wife's coworkers did it. She was surprised by the results, not in a bad way, just surprised. She used Wisdom Panel ($75).

seanoff

mutts are the best breed, have all the bad stuff from specific breeds bred out with the multiple crosses. will probably save a fortune in vet fees as mutts tend to be very robust buggers. probably an intelligent dog, if he has the aussie shepherd activity genes you'll be fit.
well done.

had a bull terrier x lab. he was lazy, a sook, very smart, brave and a mean nasty SOB. had a guy try and break in one night thru the kitchen window. was watching late night tv with the sound very low, the dog got up, crept past me into the kitchen, jumped up on the bench, laid down, put his head on his paws and waited. one leg came through the window. dog made no sound, think he even stopped breathing, waited for the guy to have his leg in up to almost the hip and then the dog struck like a crocodile. bit into the blokes calf, and he had the bull terrier lock jaws, so the guys had to rip his calf all the way to the bones at the front out of the dogs mouth. took him about 20 mins. i could hear him whimpering. didn't call the cops, thought he had suffered enough. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom