• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gothic 1 Remake - "Welcome to the Old Camp" Trailer

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Hope they do this right (so nothing like the previous alpha demo). Nothing to say from the video though, it's just a scene of what shit may go down like in the camp, might as well be a fan made "how Gothic may look in UE4" project. At least the original lives on (on Switch, hopefully more too) 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Denton

Atmosphere looks on point, which I guess was the point of this trailer. What gives me most hope is that lead designer and writer of Enderal is working on this.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Looks like it's pretty far out given no gameplay or release date.
Will keep an eye.

I Hope Please GIF

hlm666

Another game captured on pc run as the ps trailer, you guys should just start posting the multiplatform trailer instead of the sony trailer with the platforms it's coming to removed.

amigastar

Why i have this feeling they will fuck it up? I don't trust any dev beside the original Piranha Bytes when it comes to Gothic/Elex etc stuff.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Atmosphere looks on point, which I guess was the point of this trailer. What gives me most hope is that lead designer and writer of Enderal is working on this.

Really? In what capacity is he working on it? That’s reassuring for sure.

Denton

Really? In what capacity is he working on it? That’s reassuring for sure.
writer

Thank you for your kind words, I'm always humbled when I hear about people so invested in Enderal. I am working on a Triple A RPG right now, which is the Gothic Remake, and I have high hopes for it. It'll obviously not be a "Vyn game," as my main goal as a writer is to capture the essence of the original, but I do feel like this could shape up to be fantastic. As for the future, who knows - for now I'm quite focused on my novels, and if they perform well enough, I don't see why I shouldn't someday write a unique new IP with the backing of THQNordic. :)

Stafford

This game was so good on PC back in the day. I think this was during the PS360 days? Xbox had Oblivion, but there was also Gothic. Such an awesome atmosphere. Their games always have something to pull you in, I just wish the developer Piranha Bytes would improve on the not so great stuff.

Why i have this feeling they will fuck it up? I don't trust any dev beside the original Piranha Bytes when it comes to Gothic/Elex etc stuff.
ELEX II was terrible, so my trust in them is pretty much gone. Game looked worse, ran worse and played worse than its predecessor, and if player numbers on Steam are any indication it sold significantly worse too.

They've been treading water for years, and there's no real incentive for them to change. They get a lot of their funding from the German government regardless of how well their games sell, and they can always count on the German gaming press for 80+ review scores when everyone else is handing out 60s.

That proof of concept demo Alkimia released for the remake was even worse, but they seem to have gotten their shit together since then, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Top Bottom