• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GotyPicks Blog Has Declared God of War as The Big Winner of 2018

Raziel

gotypicks blog is a site that tracks the number of game of the year awards given

https://gotypicks.blogspot.com/?m=1

WA0zID.png

WA0LQQ.png

Dunki

totally deserved. When it was announced and shown I and many people were against this game. Calling Kratos outdated etc. Then they showed the first footage and it was not even noticeable as God of War except Kratos. There was so much skepticism about this game and it blew everything out of the water.

Vitacat

Well, I guess I'm that one guy who didn't like it that much. But, no game is for everyone i.e. I LOVE BOTW and TLOU, and there are people who don't.

Last edited:
Well deserved, it's a great game and those optional boss battles are downright anthemic.

Mad props to that one beautiful endless romantic that gave the award to Yakuza 6. You're doing God's work there my man.

Last edited:
I just played it recently myself.

It's a great game but I did miss the pulpier elements of the older games (the sex/nudity and extreme violence) and the massive sense of scale, other than a few moments you don't get that epic sense of scale, especially when it comes to the boss fights, which were mostly pretty weak compared to the old games, if you ask me.

And the Zelda style structure to the game, the way The Lake of Nine kinda works like Hyrule field, that was cool and yet it got old seeing that same location over and over again, the linear nature of the old games gave you a greater variety of sights.

Basically it's a great game for what it is but it's so completely different than the old God of Wars in every way, I can appreciate the new one for what it is, but as a fan of the older series it just kinda bums me out to think of that being totally over with.

I'd like for the next one to bring back some of the old flavor.

Last edited:

Petrae

Well, I guess I'm that one guy who didn't like it that much. But, no game is for everyone i.e. I LOVE BOTW and TLOU, and there are people who don't.

Nah. I was bored with it quickly and returned it the next day. Took too long to get going. If I want dour, brooding, and depressing, I’ll just read the fucking news.

I prefer the immediate setpiece, balls-out action of the original games. This wasn’t it— or, at least, it wasn’t it quickly enough to save me from giving up on it.

But to each their own.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Another boom for Sony! Walking simulator game these %#*s lol. Well deserved and I like how Sony puts out quality games through all genres!!!

Astrobot, lbp, Rachet Clank Remaster, soon dreams, etc-Platformers and innovative titles

MLB the Show-Sports
Infamous, Tlous, Uncharted-TPS Action

Drive Club, GT Sports-Racing also sports

Killzone, Firewall (they use to have more fps exclusives but rightfully backed away from tht focus in an industry obsessed with them)

God of War, Spiderman, Horizon, etc

I loved God of War 3 but this one as different as it is, sinked its teeth into me and I loved it!!!!

Last edited:

manfestival

I loved God of War. Felt like it ended too soon but the ending was fantastic.
My person GOTY was Monster Hunter World. Top 3 are MHW, GoW, and DQ11.

Top Bottom