• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Detail - Dynamic Weather, Course Creator, Kart..MORE FEATURES THAN GOD

ToD_ said:
Well, I admit, it's really nice to have that type of image quality for console games but I still felt it was a little jaggy, overall. Probably due to the nature of racing games having a lot of horizontal lines, especially in cockpit view. There have been some advances since GT5P in AA on the PS3 (MLAA, for example) and was wondering if any of that had been implemented. Or if it was possibly running at full 1920x1080. Considering they added a stereo 3D mode, I figured they had some rendering power to spare :)
Your issue with GT5P was probably shader aliasing. MSAA doesnt work for that.

For the smoke/dust fanboys
156vayf.gif

Also there have been changes to the Viper ACR's cockpit.

Viper ACR at CES
2he8zk1.png

Viper ACR at gamescom
2hmne4j.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8EBL_6flwc

okay, these 8mp (and 18mp above) images are WICKED sweet but does it frustrate anyone else that the in game models won't look nearly this good? Scrolling through this thread and seeing amazing model after amazing model, it's bittersweet. Amazing at the quality achieved but bitter knowing the game won't look like this.

It's such a tease!

Depends on what you mean by them not looking as good. They aren't going to look as clean as those images. But the modeling is the same as you'll see in game.

Leunam

I know it's rock-fuck stupid to complain about lack of features considering the amount that is already being provided in the game, but I really would have liked a helmet livery editor. Car livery I can live without but I would have liked my own distinct helmet.

Leunam said:
I know it's rock-fuck stupid to complain about lack of features considering the amount that is already being provided in the game, but I really would have liked a helmet livery editor. Car livery I can live without but I would have liked my own distinct helmet.

i think that's worse than wanting better trees.

THE:MILKMAN

Don't know if this has been suggested but could it be possible that the dynamic weather is linked over the net to the conditions of the real life location/track?

Probably not the case, but would be nice..............

THE:MILKMAN said:
Don't know if this has been suggested but could it be possible that the dynamic weather is linked over the net to the conditions of the real life location/track?

Probably not the case, but would be nice..............

There was a report (although i'm not sure if it's confirmed) that you're going to be able to sync the time of day of a track with the real track. So if they can do that then weather should be possible.

jonnyp

Wax Free Vanilla said:
yeah, that honda looks shit for this day and age and it'll only get worse with a full screen and native res.

people who defend these standard cars are batshit insane.

You're in every GT thread just spouting absolute nonsense.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm not even into sim racers but I'll have to get this. I want it for the kart racing more than anything. Will it include power ups and weapons like Mario Kart?

jett

D-Member
Snuggler said:
I'm not even into sim racers but I'll have to get this. I want it for the kart racing more than anything. Will it include power ups and weapons like Mario Kart?

Of course, didn't you see this picture?

imagegranturismo5134891.jpg

spats said:
Same here! Very well produced and insightful.

for those who missed it
That was awesome. I <3 Nurburgring. I'll just run lap after lap to decompress after a long workday.

I hope Polyphony manages to get some more movement into their cockpit views. Anything to provide the driver with more feedback is a good thing in my book: The squeal of tires losing traction, the engine song, and feeling the shifting weight of the chassis. It all helps.

-viper-

Banned
Is there a way to turn off the automatic steering that commences once you lose control of your car in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue? I can make the slightest mistake (i.e. not slowing down enough before entering a corner) and my car will spin out and the wheel will then spin out like fucking crazy. Why does it do that? I'm using a DFGT BTW. My analog sticks didn't magically move themselves when I lost control using the DS3, so why does the wheel violently spin, causing FURTHER spin on the car?

-viper- said:
Is there a way to turn off the automatic steering that commences once you lose control of your car in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue? I can make the slightest mistake (i.e. not slowing down enough before entering a corner) and my car will spin out and the wheel will then spin out like fucking crazy. Why does it do that? I'm using a DFGT BTW. My analog sticks didn't magically move themselves when I lost control using the DS3, so why does the wheel violently spin, causing FURTHER spin on the car?

That's force feedback. I'm pretty sure that there's no way to turn it off in all honesty I really don't think you'd really like it if it were off.

-viper- said:
Curious: have you ever driven a real car before?

-viper-

Banned
Yes. Not really sure what you are implying. A regular car won't cause the steering wheel like crazy. But I haven't driven a Ferrari 599 on a race track :p

Melfice7 said:
what do you mean automatic steering? the wheels turn the wheel spins o_o hold it like a man :D
I'd do that but I'm too scared it will break or something.

spwolf

-viper- said:

i cant believe you are asking this.

Senua

Gold Member
-viper- said:

-viper- said:
Yes. Not really sure what you are implying. A regular car won't cause the steering wheel like crazy. But I haven't driven a Ferrari 599 on a race track :p

Wrong. Try wiping out a real car and you'll see what happens. Infact, race drivers are given a tip never to grip on the steering with their thumbs cause a slight mishap can cause the steering wheel to go crazy and can result in fractured thumb.

-viper- said:
NotSureIfSerious.png

Top Bottom