• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Detail - Dynamic Weather, Course Creator, Kart..MORE FEATURES THAN GOD

thefreshjive

Neo Member
darkwing said:
I forgot if GT4 did the muffler sounds
IIRC GT4 had distinct changes in exhaust note. Even installing turbochargers, you could hear your car wail once you hit the optimal rpm. I agree the sounds were shitty as the engines lacked the beefiness, but there were very subtle differences.

p3tran

Banned
dalin80 said:
Looks like there are going to be less tuning options this time, several tyres are missing, iam hoping snow and gravel tyres are in another menu and there doesnt look to be any intermediate race tyres which doesnt bode well for weather.

Also engine tuning has been simplified, it looks like they have taken all the different areas engine balance etc. and just lumbered them in 3 different stages. Pretty disappointing to be honest i was really hoping for more in depth tuning features not less.

maybe these screen are where you buy upgrades and not where you tune them.
forza for example has both an upgrade menu AND a tuning menu.

really I see no point in "fully customizable suspension kit: 30.000cr" if you cant fully customize ;)

tuning depth and (of course) car behaviour in most realistic options is what will determine how good the game finally will be for me.

out of all recent info, I like the "my lounge" feature most. very nice and handy.

So it appears that you can actually improve your cars sound now!? FREAKING AWESOME! It so upsets me that most games don't actually do this (hi Forza) when you upgrade the exhaust or put on forced induction.
Sport exhausts are for eliminating backpressure, therefore raising power, not for sound :)
and iirc slapping a turbo on forza changes engine sound accordingly.
However, if GT5 can have forza-quality sound, that would be excellent for me!

DEskofier said:
I hope this is indeed a bug and there will be no boundaries like THAT in GT5:

http://n4g.com/news/588601/gran-turismo-5-bug-caught-on-video-invisible-walls/pen

EDIT: Sry, wrong link http://n4g.com/news/clickout/588601
hmm... worst case scenario, invisi-walls are poor programming solution to avoid cheaters who cut across, out of track etc.

Dr. Light

2qwodtu.jpg

Jesus goddamn fucking CHRIST.

That is a hubcap. You know how zoomed in that is? That's like 2 inches across.

TTP said:
That's just a placeholder of sorts.
That's where they are gonna put those 2D trees.

:p

Naa, that track is pretty much complete. As I said, it's there to make sure people stay on the track and as mentioned above, most likely to prevent cheating since Top Gear track has no boundaries.

Zaptruder

Banned
brotkasten said:
What?! They didn't model the bull on the cap and just made a bump map? God, they're so lazy.
/cancel pre-order

But they DID model the bull on the cap. And then converted that into a bump map. It actually takes more work.

Gravijah

shagg_187 said:
Naa, that track is pretty much complete. As I said, it's there to make sure people stay on the track and as mentioned above, most likely to prevent cheating since Top Gear track has no boundaries.

oh there's a boundary alright...

HE'S CALLED THE STIG!

Gravijah

shagg_187 said:
:lol :lol :lol

TONIGHT!

STIG BUILDS A WALL ON THE TRACK
RICHARD HAMMOND WEARS A SKIRT
AND I GET TO NAIL CAMERON DIAZ!

totally read all of that in jeremy clarkson's voice

and it was awesome.

Dr. Light

brotkasten said:
What?! They didn't model the bull on the cap and just made a bump map? God, they're so lazy.
/cancel pre-order

Except it actually looks 3D. It couldn't possibly look more 3D than it does, a "bump map" is basically what it is in real life.

eso76

You heard it here first:

Apparently, those folks at PD used flags, colours and emblems of the Palio di Siena without asking for an authorization (they probably didn't know they needed one) and right now the legals taking care of the image of the palio are kind of upset. There will be legal issues, i hope they can solve everything by simply removing those flags, or they might have to cut piazza del campo altogether.
Either way, i surely hope this doesn't delay the game and i personally hope PD and Sony legals oblitarate these clowns.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
shagg_187 said:
:lol :lol :lol

TONIGHT!

STIG BUILDS A WALL ON THE TRACK
RICHARD HAMMOND WEARS A SKIRT
AND I GET TO NAIL CAMERON DIAZ!
:lol :lol

The BBC needs to do a Top gear Gran Turismo 5 special, I don't care about calls of bias, it would be the most awesome thing in the hirtory of ever.

Also, :O at that Lambo hub cap, that's some attention to detail.
eso76 said:
You heard it here first:

Apparently, those folks at PD used flags, colours and emblems of the Palio di Siena without asking for an authorization (they probably didn't know they needed one) and right now the legals taking care of the image of the palio are kind of upset. There will be legal issues, i hope they can solve everything by simply removing those flags, or they might have to cut piazza del campo altogether.
Either way, i surely hope this doesn't delay the game and i personally hope PD and Sony legals oblitarate these clowns.
Yeah, these fucking clowns, how dare they protect their identity and copyrights from unauthorised use, do they think they originate from the medieval times or something?

Wait what?

Goldrusher said:
The majority of the people who saw those screenshots and karting footage this weekend, had never heard of Siena and the Piazza del Campo.
If anything, it's great advertising.
It is, but it's still polite to you know...ask for permission to use imagery from historical events like this.

Goldrusher

eso76 said:
You heard it here first:

The majority of the people who saw those screenshots and karting footage this weekend, had never heard of Siena and the Piazza del Campo.

By now, cities and circuits should be paying Sony to be included in the game.

Zaptruder said:
But they DID model the bull on the cap. And then converted that into a bump map. It actually takes more work.
Dr. Light said:
Except it actually looks 3D. It couldn't possibly look more 3D than it does, a "bump map" is basically what it is in real life.
God, you people and your "reasonable arguments" and "logic". There's no place for something like that in this thread.

Gravijah

Goldrusher said:

It's their right to do whatever they want with their stuff, while paying to be in the game would probably help them, it's still not cool to use their image without their permission.

offshore

eso76 said:
You heard it here first:

Well hopefully this will get sorted out.

darkwing

eso76 said:
You heard it here first:

no, just delay the game and get the legal issues sorted out instead of removing the track, we can wait :lol

eso76

Stop It said:
Yeah, these fucking clowns, how dare they protect their identity and copyrights from unauthorised use, do they think they originate from the medieval times or something?

Wait what?

It is, but it's still polite to you know...ask for permission to use imagery from historical events like this.

I should clarify that i live in that very town.
These guys were successfull in having flags and stuff removed from the popular 007 movie which opening sequence takes place during the race. Point is, they had flags and official colours removed, but allowed FAR worse things to happen in those first few minutes. The problem is they have no idea what they're doing.

Anyway, i would have thought PD knew this, considering they probably already paid millions in royalties and such. Like i said, i hope the game doesn't get delayed because of this nonsense.

Bluforce

eso76 said:
You heard it here first:

Ridicolous. I am Italian and this is ridicolous.

I hope PD will remove the flag and stuff of Palio di Siena without pay anything.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Goldrusher said:

The last James Bond movie featured it prominently. One of my colleagues described the Palio as being as big to Siena as the Super Bowl is to Americans.

Still, this is moronic.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
DenogginizerOS said:
The last James Bond movie featured it prominently. One of my colleagues described the Palio as being as big to Siena as the Super Bowl is to Americans.

I can confirm that.

Goldrusher said:

don't some already?

reading the credits of gt games some say "used with kind permission" and "used under approval" it's the same with some car manufacturers.

with all the gt5 info

it got me hyped into remodelling my simple racing rig

just got to reupholster the back of the seat where the mini subwoofer is :rock

-viper-

Banned
BeeDog said:
This might be a stupid question, but is it known whether or not Spyker cars will be featured in GT5?
They were in the previous games so yes. Whether they will be premium is another thing.

eso76

DenogginizerOS said:

Still, this is moronic.

much, much bigger, actually. It's basically impossible to really understand just how much in fact, unless you were born here/there.

Anyway, problem is those symbols, colours etc are copyrighted, regardless of how moronic it is to think the game gives a wrong image of the palio. My problem is latest 007 movie gives a much wronger image of the city and the palio and all they worried about was having them remove flags and symbols...

-viper-

Banned
eso76 said:
much, much bigger, actually. It's basically impossible to really understand just how much in fact, unless you were born here/there.

Anyway, problem is those symbols, colours etc are copyrighted, regardless of how moronic it is to think the game gives a wrong image of the palio. My problem is latest 007 movie gives a much wronger image of the city and the palio and all they worried about was having them remove flags and symbols...
Any pics of the symbols and flags?

Top Bottom