• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Detail - Dynamic Weather, Course Creator, Kart..MORE FEATURES THAN GOD

dalin80

Banned
BSTF said:

Looks like there are going to be less tuning options this time, several tyres are missing, iam hoping snow and gravel tyres are in another menu and there doesnt look to be any intermediate race tyres which doesnt bode well for weather.

Also engine tuning has been simplified, it looks like they have taken all the different areas engine balance etc. and just lumbered them in 3 different stages. Pretty disappointing to be honest i was really hoping for more in depth tuning features not less.

Yoboman

Gold Member
dalin80 said:
Looks like there are going to be less tuning options this time, several tyres are missing, iam hoping snow and gravel tyres are in another menu and there doesnt look to be any intermediate race tyres which doesnt bode well for weather.

Also engine tuning has been simplified, it looks like they have taken all the different areas engine balance etc. and just lumbered them in 3 different stages. Pretty disappointing to be honest i was really hoping for more in depth tuning features not less.
I'm sure just as with most of the menus we've seen so far, they aren't showing every option

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Kaako said:
Holy effing shiaaat @ the photo options. The tuning pics look sick as well. This game.
GT4's photo mode had the same amount of control. just saying.

Dead Man

dalin80 said:

Yeah, I hope were are just not seeing the other options.

Gravijah said:
Yes, no online only stuff, please. :) Specially tuned prizes, etc would be fine by me though. Stuff that you can recreate.
Yeah, that would be fine. As long as I don't miss out on content, you can do whatever you want with online stuff. I tend to like pretty... unique... suspension setups anyway. :D

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I'm not much of a racing game person but the feature set and scope of the game alone has me sold. Can't believe they added kart racing. :lol

dalin80 said:

You have to take into account that Kaz didn't talk about weather at gamescom, so they're likely going to hold back screenshots that would confirm something like snow. The menu screen that they showed at E3 for example was very simplified compared to the completed screen that was shown at gamescom.

UFRA

I can't keep up with this thread.

From the time I go to work to the time I get home, multiple pages are added, and even more over night.

I'm done looking over previous pages to see what I missed.

I'm just going to form the conclusion that this game is beyond anything I was ever expecting, and my mind will be blown on Nov 2nd.

That is all.

Dead Man

Yoboman said:
Then you don't need a competitive advantage/incentives
What? That makes no sense. I don't need to access to the best parts becuase I will not be online? So according to that, no one needs offline tuning options, right? :lol

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
Here's two more screens I think are new.

Main menu:
http://i.imgur.com/2LFpO.jpg

Test driving a user made course looks like it will be pretty good quality:
http://imgur.com/uaMRc.jpg

And here's an archive it contains high resolution racing, photo mode, and kart shots, most at 11520x6480 and ui shots. I just converted the PNG's to JPGs because they were original ~50MB per picture here's a sample of the Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 in San Gimignano:
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=8v5d7tumb2bczcn&thumb=6

RAR file:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SF39TAYE

Yoboman

Gold Member
Dead Man said:
What? That makes no sense. I don't need to access to the best parts becuase I will not be online? So according to that, no one needs offline tuning options, right? :lol
No I'm saying that playing online will offer a level of competition that offline play never will, therefore incentives should reflect that

Neo 007

Ok, I say..the next person that mentions bikes in this thread gets a virtual big ass smack up the side of the head..lol.

Fuckin bikes.

Gravijah

Crakatak187 said:
Just thought of a stupid idea. Since GT5 has Go-Kart maybe have an expansion pack for Unkarted :lol

25z76nk.gif

mrklaw

MrArseFace
NullPointer said:
That was awesome. I <3 Nurburgring. I'll just run lap after lap to decompress after a long workday.

I hope Polyphony manages to get some more movement into their cockpit views. Anything to provide the driver with more feedback is a good thing in my book: The squeal of tires losing traction, the engine song, and feeling the shifting weight of the chassis. It all helps.
Good point. In the cockpit view, I consider the camera to be my head. So i'd like the game to simulate head movement based on the g-forces etc.

I think NFS:shift does this well - exaggerated but still good

Goldrusher

As long as it can be disabled.

To me, all that shaking and blurring makes a game much, much less realistic. In a real car, you can focus on the track, the cars, even the environment, no matter how much you are being thrown around in the cockpit.
When you blur and shake the image of a game, nothing looks sharp anymore.

And it sucks in Shift. Everything in that game sucks.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm not suggesting the track shake, just the cockpit. The view of the track should be steady

As for photo mode, will it apply more AA etc while you are walking around? Same with the car select screens.

witness

Sl9Am.jpg

So it appears that you can actually improve your cars sound now!? FREAKING AWESOME! It so upsets me that most games don't actually do this (hi Forza) when you upgrade the exhaust or put on forced induction.

witness said:
So it appears that you can actually improve your cars sound now!? FREAKING AWESOME!
I think I'll wait to hear it before getting too excited... I'm not sure I like the idea of them throwing effects on top of the baseline exhaust noises they use, could end up sounding very off. (and god only knows what the std cars will sound like with this, assuming these upgrades apply to std cars)

If I'm correct, this is the only track with invisible walls since Top Gear track has no written boundary. I guess they need invisible wall for the track to make sure that the racer doesn't wander off elsewhere in a complicated track like that.

Goldrusher

Valid complaint. Wouldn't hurt to move it back at least 20m instead of 1m, especially if there's nothing but flat grass and concrete on the other side.

Top Bottom