• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Insertia said:
iup518930wy4.jpg

too dark.

Not once you have entered that dark area. HDR will up the brightness.

harSon

Banned
Game looks great but nowhere near the initial screenshots (duh), I still may order the game online. Looks a lot more polished and complete then I thought it was going to be :)

avaya

Niks said:
Fuji is going to be a blast online.
:D

Not looking forward to that prospect tbh. The number of twats who will kamikaze T1 and T5 is huge. Thankfully there's a whole car park of run off.

centracore

Does anyone know how the PSN version is going to work as far as online goes? (IE: Will it be like Warhawk where you can only play it online on the PSN account it was originally purchased on?)

No45

amar212 said:
When the sun is low in the afternoon, shadows are very strong.

I see no logic in the post that speaks about "darkness".

In RL it's the same, especially among the buildings who are casting shadows on each other.

http://www.duvekot.ca/eliane/archives/storefronts.jpg

The fact that PD is just trying to make things looks like in RL is a plus, not a minus.

In short, pointless talk. It's the same in RL, period.
That shot looks too dark, are you sure you've calibrated your TV properly?
:p

deepbrown

harSon said:
Game looks great but nowhere near the initial screenshots (duh), I still may order the game online. Looks a lot more polished and complete then I thought it was going to be :)
No where near? It looks just like the initial shots in replay.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
centracore said:
Does anyone know how the PSN version is going to work as far as online goes? (IE: Will it be like Warhawk where you can only play it online on the PSN account it was originally purchased on?)

That's what I'm wondering as well.
I'll let u know tomorrow :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
They might have fixed the glitchy shadows but it's very hard to tell as there are very few and short selfshadowing occurrances on this track.

We need some Daytona to be sure :)

The Honda logo still amazes me.

Jesus

This game will no doubt be a racing game.
It will feature cars.
It will feature tracks to race on.
It will feature competitive behaviour.
It will feature high speeds in a controlled environment.

But it will not feature the sound of all other racing games getting raped and left crying in the dust, as that would have landed the game an M for Mature.

deepbrown

Seriously, I'm in London A LOT and this looks a lot brighter than it actually is :p

And the way it lightens up when you go into dark areas is really cool :D

Watched the cockpit london video.
For sure looking better than the demo. Framerate and v-sync wise.
Very nice.

So what is with the tire sounds.....??
Someone at the polyphony must have a soft spot for them or it is some kind of inside joke to leave them in or something...... It is baffling..

Blablurn

oh, okay. thank you, sir.

Hopefully my version is even coming before the 25.
I ordered it at YesAsia. It should be shipped by tomorrow.

harSon

Banned
Wish I had stayed out of this damn thread, I had myself completely convinced that I would not be purchasing a 'demo' for 50 bucks. And here I am not with my mouse hovering over the confirmation button...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm loving the bit I've read in this thread. But what is up with all "it's too dark"-talk?

antiloop

Have they confirmed that the weather patch and damage patch will be free once you have bought GT5:p?

I am sure they have mentioned something about that though. Something about all patches being free until GT5 hits.

Thanks DJ, this one looks much better than the original capture from the vid. Still no-where near the bullshot but that's to be expected.

GT5_london_01.jpg

Zaptruder

Banned
No matter how good you make your game look... some one some where will have something to complain about.

Mainly because they're ignorant pieces of shit with worthless opinions, but hey... those people come in droves.

Psychotext said:
Thanks DJ, this one looks much better than the original capture from the vid. Still no-where near the bullshot but that's to be expected.

GT5_london_01.jpg

No way....,its just the added AA,what makes a difference,everything else is almost as good to that photo mode screenshot....

The last video was awesome,the HDR is incredible....

Top Bottom