• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

Seiken said:
I'm loving the bit I've read in this thread. But what is up with all "it's too dark"-talk?

Bitter tears, don't worry.

It's just HDR. Makes the game looks more realistic.

BTW, HOLY SH*T @ INTRO VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1TB RAM CONFIRMED!!!!!

Forsete

If I buy one of those PSN-cards from one of the JP online stores (which is the best in this regard?) how fast will I recieve the key?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Forsete said:
If I buy one of those PSN-cards from one of the JP online stores (which is the best in this regard?) how fast will I recieve the key?

depends when they wake up. I bought mine from ejapan758 and it was in my email when I woke up the next day.

Relaxed Muscle said:
No way....,its just the added AA,what makes a difference,everything else is almost as good to that photo mode screenshot....
No. Sorry but zoom in on the barrier on the left, the people on the right... hell on any number of things and tell me it's just AA making the difference. Looks great but there's no way I'm agreeing with you that it's just AA.

Psychotext said:
No. Sorry but zoom in on the barrier on the left, the people on the right... hell on any number of things and tell me it's just AA making the difference. Looks great but there's no way I'm agreeing with you that it's just AA.

You sounds like Shoe moaning about the Killzone 2 trailer.

THE GAME DOES LOOK SO F*UCKIN AMAZING!!!! WHO CARES ABOUT THIS AA SH*T.

iceatcs

Thanks for videos from Blimblim and DJ, I can comfirm it will be my first japan import game ever but techinal it isn't really cos of PSN title I will get.

Now let pray if this car will be on GT5
mclaren-f1-lm-3.gif

then I will buy 5 GT5 and another PS3 if white available outside of Japan.

weedlewalker said:
Watched the cockpit london video.
For sure looking better than the demo. Framerate and v-sync wise.
Very nice.

So what is with the tire sounds.....??
Someone at the polyphony must have a soft spot for them or it is some kind of inside joke to leave them in or something...... It is baffling..

It's realistic, that's why they haven't changed them much. (They have changed).

Tire squealing doesn't sound like what you hear in Hollywood movies. ;)

Someone tell me the artist/album for the Intro video so that I can buy it immediately! I something to pacify my throbbing need for this game.

Goldrusher

Dever said:
So, how many tracks are there in GT5:p? Any sweet night tracks like in the E3 trailer? :D

5 locations, at least 6 tracks.

Daytona oval
Daytona circuit
Suzuka (maybe east & west ?)
Fuji (maybe with and without the chicane)
Eiger
London

All can be raced in reverse as well.

Elios83 said:
2 Daytona tracks?
It's the first time I hear about this, so far we have seen just the oval.

Yea, the official GT5P site just added the sports car layout to the track listing. It'd be great if Blim or someone else could capture an in-cockpit lap of that layout.

Goldrusher said:
5 locations, at least 6 tracks.

Daytona oval
Daytona circuit
Suzuka (maybe east & west ?)
Fuji (maybe with and without the chicane)
Eiger
London

Dude, theres only 5 tracks 10 if U count them when mirrored.

Daytona (Oval) I didn't see a Circuit mode on the menu screen.
Suzuka (Full F1 track, same as the track in the demo)
Fuji Speedway
Eiger
London

And all tracks can be raced in reverse.

mrklaw said:
can you carry on downloading while you watch a bluray? If this is 5GB then it'll tie my PS3 up all night.

Can you resume downloads if you get disconnected while downloading? My connection is unreliable and disconnects frequently, there's no way I can download 5GB in one go.

avaya

Naked Snake said:
Can you resume downloads if you get disconnected while downloading? My connection is unreliable and disconnects frequently, there's no way I can download 5GB in one go.

Should be able to resume.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Holy Fucking SHit! Just watched the london videos and they look simply incredible! And now the driver changes the gears :D

Jesus, insta buy for me! PD are really gods!!!

Jesus

Naked Snake said:
Yes, you can resume downloads.

And I don't get disconnected from PSN when watching Blu-ray movies, so maybe someone got that wrong?

Sorry my bad...I was too busy editing videos to notice.

5 Courses 10 Layouts:
Superspeedway - Daytona International Speedway
The Road Course - Daytona International Speedway
Suzuka Circuit
Suzuka Circuit East Course
Fuji Speedway F
Fuji Speedway GT
Eiger Nordwand (Forward)
Eiger Nordwand (Reverse)
London (Forward)
London (Reverse)

Metalmurphy said:
It's realistic, that's why they haven't changed them much. (They have changed).

Tire squealing doesn't sound like what you hear in Hollywood movies. ;)

It's a realistic sample that gets repeated. Also, there is no cockpit muffling of the sound.

Should be fixed.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
JaCk BuRtOn said:
Can you buy the game on the jap psn with a credit card or just with the psn card ?

if you have a japanese credit card you should be fine. I used to use my mastercard but that doesn't work anymore. I think they check the address is legit (which mine is, but it doesn't match the card...)

Ranger X said:
Is this baby region locked or i can play on my American 60gigger?

No PS3 game has been region locked so there's no reason to think this will be the one to start it off. Now the online is a different story and no one can test that until the 25th.

Ranger X

SolidSnakex said:
No PS3 game has been region locked so there's no reason to think this will be the one to start it off. Now the online is a different story and no one can test that until the 25th.

Good then. Thankfully Jap is 60hertz display so i won't get obstructed by my NTSC TV.

Kyoufu

Ranger X said:
Good then. Thankfully Jap is 60hertz display so i won't get obstructed by my NTSC TV.

Japan = 60Hz standard

Blablurn said:
does the game have a 2-player mode via splitscreen?

I don't think so. AFAIK the previous concept/prologue games didn't have splitscreen either.

Nightz

So I gave in and ordered a copy. I was planning to wait until an English version came out, but I couldn't help myself. This game just looks too good to pass up, even if I won't understand the menus. Sad thing is, I'm probably still gonna get it when it comes to the US next year.

Blablurn

Ranger X said:
Since it's the best feature ever it's not there. Also, gamers have no life so why play with a buddy?

wtf :/

i wanted to play with some friends :/

i dislike this splitscreen hate this generation!

Kyoufu said:
I don't think so. AFAIK the previous concept/prologue games didn't have splitscreen either.

Yep it was absent in GT4P also, so don't get worried and think it won't be in the final GT5 as a result.

Top Bottom