• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

Forsete

Gold Member
kenta said:
These bullshots are starting to annoy me, the game seriously does not look that good in reality. I'm a giant GT fan but come on, it's nowhere near that crisp

My shots from the demo.

ZiOvPbFpp.jpg

eSVFIYHHi.jpg

nofi

deepbrown said:
You are quite retarded aren't you. Who is this guy?

90% of his posts are about PCs. He does not like the PS3. He is trolling, God only knows how he's getting away with it.

Can we change the thread title to The Official Thread of Like Flies To Shit?

deepbrown

nofi said:
90% of his posts are about PCs. He does not like the PS3. He is trolling, God only knows how he's getting away with it.

As far as Textures and people by side of the road (so glad they improved on the GT5P demo crowds). There's two things we can say to this. Uncharted and GTHD.

Kyoufu said:
I don't know but thanks to him, this thread went down the shitter. Avoiding this thread until people learn to ignore him.

Well at least we've moved past the point where it'd be impossible for them to get more than 1 car running on a track.

Synless

deepbrown said:
As far as Textures and people by side of the road (so glad they improved on the GT5P demo crowds). There's two things we can say to this. Uncharted and GTHD.
Wait, so this does look better then the demo we got then right? So the crowds look better? what about the overall tracks? The demo one was kind of hideous IMO, also did they fix the side mirror so it reflects the whole track with all it's detail?????

*Edit* didn't realize it wasn't out yet, does anyone know this anyway though?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
erick said:
You do understand that 1280x1080 < < 1920x1080, and is not true 1080p, right?

who gives a fuck? how many games do you know producing 1920x1080p across their render target chains this gen? @60 fps and with FSAA on top? even if sony PR claimed 'full 1080p' (as they do) most people in this thread would know better. stop being the prick you are in this thread, your armchair expertise you've been waving around persuades nobody of anything. so unless you have devkit data from gt5p, please, do shut up. there are people with legitimate gt5p bitching claims who can't have their say because of you. geez.

erick

Banned
nofi said:

I have nothing against PS3 as such. What I do have something against is hardware illiterate fanboys who expect miracles based on publicity shots.

1280x1080 would mean that GT5P is somehow interlaced sideways. Now, we can't outrule it completely, yet this would be the first time in history something like this has been done.

The guy who posted the demo pics has it right. This is the kind of quality you should be expecting - visibly aliased and relatively OK-looking roadside textures (just look at them trees, ugly as hell).

EDIT: The shots are probably not ingame, but courtesy of some "photo mode", in which case all the AA and AF and high resolution start to make sense, seeing as photos do not need to be rendered even at 1 frame per second.

harSon

Banned
If the game looks remotely close to those screenshots then holy shit, I don't see how they can reach that level of detail but I'm not one to question... I wasn't planning on buying prologue but if it looks like that then polyphony has my money no questions asked. Those shots are like 48749847x better then what the demo looks like on my television though...

ascii42

erick said:
I have nothing against PS3 as such. What I do have something against is hardware illiterate fanboys who expect miracles based on publicity shots.

1280x1080 would mean that GT5P is somehow interlaced sideways. Now, we can't outrule it completely, yet this would be the first time in history something like this has been done.

The guy who posted the demo pics has it right. This is the kind of quality you should be expecting - visibly aliased and relatively OK-looking roadside textures (just look at them trees, ugly as hell).
The PS3 has a horizontal scaler, this is not the first PS3 game to use it.
Oh and GT4's 1080i mode was achieved by horizontally scaling a 640x540p image. 640x3=1920

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
erick said:
The GT5P demo is scaled horizontally and I expect GT5P to be the same.

erick said:
Secondly, I know more of PS3 hardware than you could probably comprehend, both Cell and RSX. ;)
If you were as intimate with the Cell/RSX as you claim to be you would be aware that Sony allows devs to scale games. There are a number of games that run at full vertical res but are scaled horizontally.

pswii60

New screens look awful.
In denial until it's out here in the UK.

Oh, and erick, shut up and stop derailing the frickin' thread.

erick

Banned
ascii42 said:
The PS3 has a horizontal scaler, this is not the first PS3 game to use it.
Oh and GT4's 1080i mode was achieved by horizontally scaling a 640x540p image. 640x3=1920

That makes sense. Ouch for the quality though.

Angelcurio

nofi said:

normal_ban_him.jpg

erick

Banned
Geezer said:
If you were as intimate with the Cell/RSX as you claim to be you would be aware that Sony allows devs to scale games. There are a number of games that run at full vertical res but are scaled horizontally.

Cell and RSX have little to do with scaling.

deepbrown

erick said:

1280x1080 would mean that GT5P is somehow interlaced sideways.
Now, we can't outrule it completely, yet this would be the first time in history something like this has been done.

EDIT: The shots are probably not ingame, but courtesy of some "photo mode", in which case all the AA and AF and high resolution start to make sense.

The only fool here is you. Because the PS3 DOES scale "sideways" or as the knowledgable of us say - HORIZANTLY You are an eegit.

This is NOT the first time this has been done. Ninja Gaiden Sigma does it, GTHD does it, the Demo of GT5P does it. Loads of fricken PS3 games do it. You know nothing about the ps3...so GO AWAY.

There are no trees in the London track....if you knew anything about graphics you'd know that a corridor is much easier to render with more detail than a wide track. Ever played Uncharted? Look at the textures there. Ever played Heavenly Sword? Look at the 8xAA there.

And yes replay mode will add more AA and AF. BTW replay mode is rendered IN GAME but at 30fps so they can add more goodness. NEWS FLASH - we already knew this.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I think this game looks far better than any other racing game I have seen on console this generation. I don't give a damn about how it is done, the simple fact is that GT5P looks better than anything else and probably will be the new standard in racing games.

FirewalkR

erick said:

It is 1280x1080 scaled to 1080p.
Go here http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1103755&postcount=938.

Check previous posts in that thread for an explanation of the counting method.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
erick said:
Cell and RSX have little to do with scaling.
I assumed you were implying you were a dev due to knowing about Cell/RSX. If you were a dev you would know about the scaling options.

Niks

What the hell is all this shitstorm about??

YES we know screens released by Polyphony are bullshots with AA.
YES the demo had some tearing and jaggies.

DOES THE GAME LOOKS AWESOME ON MY 50" HD DISPLAY????
HELL YES!!

Thats all that matters. I dont care if its upscaled or what ever the shit how many pixels is actually running in as long as it looks and PLAYS good.

Thank you.

erick

Banned
Geezer said:
I assumed you were implying you were a dev due to knowing about Cell/RSX. If you were a dev you would know about the scaling options.

Sorry to disappoint, not a dev. I just know a lot about GPU's, CPUs and Cell. Otherwise I would have already known about the horizontal scaling trick. Well, if it works, it's certainly a nifty thing, allowing marketing to slap a 1080p supported sticker on almost anything from 1920x1080 to 480x1080. This is the Sony I know.

I'll still be waiting to see those pumped-up textures that nofi liked so much in-game.
Too bad he backed out, the little rascal ;)

Madman

erick said:
Sorry to disappoint, not a dev. I just know a lot about GPU's, CPUs and Cell. Otherwise I would have already known about the horizontal scaling trick. Well, if it works, it's certainly a nifty thing, allowing marketing to slap a 1080p supported sticker on almost anything from 1920x1080 to 480x1080. This is the Sony I know.
Yeah, Microsoft, Capcom, Tecmo, Activision, ect. would never do such a thing.

FirewalkR

erick said:
allowing marketing to slap a 1080p supported sticker on almost anything from 1920x1080 to 480x1080. This is the Sony I know.

must... resist... answering.... even though... lots of 360 and PS3 games... by the same reasoning... aren't even worthy... of being called... HD.

(Unless of course, by some chance, you agree that the Microsoft you know does exactly the same thing.)

Carl2282

Wow its pretty crazy how much people can hate GT, I'm eagerly awaiting impressions of gt5p... I wont be getting it till the 20th at the earliest :(

erick

Banned
Madman said:
Yeah, Microsoft, Capcom, Tecmo, Activision, ect. would never do such a thing.

Of course they might, now that Sony has shown them the way. Well, there go the dreams of true 1080p gaming on this gen consoles. As if vertical upscaling was not enough. Man, they really do come up with nice ways to fleece the gamers.

Madman

erick said:
Of course they might, now that Sony has shown them the way. Well, there go the dreams of true 1080p gaming on this gen consoles. As if vertical upscaling was not enough. Man, they really do come up with nice ways to fleece the gamers.
...I got nothing.

Really, for all your accusations of other people not knowing what they are talking about, you are quite out of the loop with some things.

evolution

erick said:
:lol thats all i can do

f@luS

More than a member.
erick said:
If you think you will get this amount of roadside detail on a measly 256MB of video memory, you either know nothing of graphics cards or you're posting under influence ;)
whos this clown?

erick

Banned
Madman said:
...I got nothing.

Find a friend whose PC can pump out full 1920x1080 in games on either a 50" TV or 100" projector screen and you will start to get an inkling on what you've been missing. But enough of the OT, I'll just wait to launch before commenting again.

FirewalkR

Elios83 said:
What's up with this thing about Famitsu claiming like PSU that Prologue has a damage system? :O

Where's that Famitsu claim? If you're talking about the ripten article, it only says that PSU claims GT5P has damage, not Famitsu.

Rengoku

erick said:
Find a friend whose PC can pump out full 1920x1080 in games on either a 50" TV or 100" projector screen and you will start to get an inkling on what you've been missing. But enough of the OT, I'll just wait to launch before commenting again.

Find a PC racing game that pumps out full 1920x1080 while looking as good as GT5P first.

IzumiK

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
FirewalkR said:
Jeezus, gawd my eyes! Link for that particular video please. :)
I'm not sure I can because it comes from a site that was recently banned.

Lamespot watermark. God, I wish someone else recorded it or Sony would just release that damn trailer.

Top Bottom